The New Raith Rovers Thread

A sad act that spends plenty time on our thread! What happens at the Rovers has f**k all to do with you. If folk don't want to come back then so be it it's up to those who are taking this so badly to confront the board and stop coming on here and crying about it.
Confront the board, by doing what exactly. Raising thier voice to be heard and ignored like in December when the rumours spread. [emoji1787]

On this note, apparently some folk have gone out of their way to abuse her on Twitter for her stance and were subsequently blocked, then rejoice as if it were a badge of honour.
Anyone who is not my friend is my enemy is the credo, except, just because you do not share the same opinion does not make someone an enemy, so why attack them so in public?
She is not killing the club, she never took the decision which caused division between fans.
There may be bad blood between her and the owner but why let that polarise supporters and create abuse in the process.
Lets be clear, there were three circuit breakers in series which could have prevented this.
The primary breaker is the management team, if something was wrong this breaker should have tripped.
The secondary breaker was the CEO, their job should have stopped this progressing and the breaker should have tripped.
The tertiary breaker was the BoD, here is the kicker, despite a spur AM, parallel to the circuit (and a sensible board member BC) voicing concerns, the whole deal should have failed and the breaker tripped.
The spur being the council which was sought by the fan's director and the FLO urging the board not to sign the player, this was disregarded and where we find ourselves now.
The fallout is irrelevant, it's the fault of one or more of the circuit breakers failing, and it certainly shouldn't have been the the tertiary, for the want of trying.
Agreed with you point. But.. She being a former director will know exactly the finances of the club, how its structured and where the money comes from. She will know fine well that the club unless Sim pays for it himself will not have the money just to pay him off and rip up a contract. She as a business woman will also know breaking up a contract with stuff such as weekly wages, appearance fees, scoring fees cannot take a few days and possibly months to sort out. She expects things to happen, right now which in the real world won't happen.
She should have stated that "I am aware of the circumstances surrounding contract negotiations and await a resolution thst satisfies my opinion." rather than another rant.

27 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Agreed with you point. But.. She being a former director will know exactly the finances of the club, how its structured and where the money comes from. She will know fine well that the club unless Sim pays for it himself will not have the money just to pay him off and rip up a contract. She as a business woman will also know breaking up a contract with stuff such as weekly wages, appearance fees, scoring fees cannot take a few days and possibly months to sort out. She expects things to happen, right now which in the real world won't happen.
She should have stated that "I am aware of the circumstances surrounding contract negotiations and await a resolution thst satisfies my opinion." rather than another rant.

Snark gets likes on Twitter, nuance doesn't. 

Perhaps if Sim (or even another director) had the guts to address this publicly, we could maybe avoid this sort of stuff? 

15 hours ago, zicoromaines said:

Hopefully settles back in at clyde so there are no issues making it permanent in summer.Val must know more than most that we don’t have a pot of money to pay him off fully and send him on his way, this is as good as it gets right now but if she sells a few more books with her latest tweet them good for her 😕

sturgeon playing the remorse card I see. How many people here would admit to being a rapist and show remorse when you didn’t actually rape anyone? Plenty people forget his biggest crime that night might just be getting drunk and having sexual relations with a willing partner at the time who also had too much to drink

makes for better headlines and easier for the masses with their pitchforks to go with the balance of probability verdict meaning he is 100% guilty

bottom line is that nobody except him and robertson know the truth, not even her as she apparently can’t remember 

4momwz.jpg

Quite a change of topic here but I was just wondering roughly how long the walk is from Stark's to the train station? Have only ever driven up to Kirkcaldy before.

Might be able to save myself a bit with an advanced ticket for a particular train after the game. Google maps says a 20 minutes walk but from experience the estimations can be misleading.

When all this fuss eventually dies down and supporters views soften, as they already appear to be, when the fans who vowed to stay away start trickling back, when the management team and directors who organised this signing are either gone or staying on, just remember there will still be pictures of David Goodwillie wearing a Raith Rovers tracksuit. That stain on your club can never be washed out. 

Quite a change of topic here but I was just wondering roughly how long the walk is from Stark's to the train station? Have only ever driven up to Kirkcaldy before.
Might be able to save myself a bit with an advanced ticket for a particular train after the game. Google maps says a 20 minutes walk but from experience the estimations can be misleading.
20 mins maximum.

15 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I find Google Maps is pretty much spot on with its timings.

11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

When all this fuss eventually dies down and supporters views soften, as they already appear to be, when the fans who vowed to stay away start trickling back, when the management team and directors who organised this signing are either gone or staying on, just remember there will still be pictures of David Goodwillie wearing a Raith Rovers tracksuit. That stain on your club can never be washed out. 

Thanks for that. Maybe we could try a stain remover.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I find Google Maps is pretty much spot on with its timings.

You're likely right. My previous experiences of "misleading" Google maps timings between grounds and stations may have coincided with me being pished.

5 minutes ago, AuAl said:

You're likely right. My previous experiences of "misleading" Google maps timings between grounds and stations may have coincided with me being pished.

They need to add a staggering option as well as one for walking

26 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

There is an abundance of photos of John Hughes wearing a Rovers tracksuit so we're kind of prepared for this.

14 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

There is an abundance of photos of John Hughes wearing a Rovers tracksuit so we're kind of prepared for this.

Comparing a football manager to a rapist. Nice.

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

No, a stain on the club.

Don't let that stop you being outraged though.

Not outraged in the slightest - just found it a very odd comparison. 

Seems you guys are still "outraged" about Hughes nearly 5 years on. Now that's definitely weird.

On 19/02/2022 at 12:03, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

To be fair to him, why should he. He must know that he’ll never play football at any decent level ever again, as even Clyde surely wouldn’t take him back after all the recent publicity. He can now just sit on his arse and take his money. F**ckin rapist!

Oooops!

51 minutes ago, AuAl said:

It’s taken me 2 hours to get home before when I was pished. f**k knows where I ended up as it’s a 20 minute walk at most.