The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Yeah, I understand that. Was there not a fair few on here who wouldn’t come back if they were contributing to his wages though?

All round this is probably the best way out of it for Raith. Instead of paying the rumoured £1400 a week for the next two and a half years or paying it off in full right now, you’ll probably only have to pay £400-£500 for the next 3 months and off he goes to Clyde permanently, presumably there won’t be much of a fee if any.

Still it makes the whole deal only costing £60-£80k rather than the potential £200k+.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I know a fair number of people who won't be back until the directors are gone. Most people like myself who said they'd not be back while he was at the club, came back after it was announced he'd not be training or about the squad. There's also still away fans who are skipping trips to Stark's Park. A few of the Partick fans last weekend chose not to make the trip and instead donated to Rape Crisis Scotland. 

Yep, I’m out on any payments to RRFC and associated acts until “he” is gone from the Club. The Directors are trickier, but I would like some clarity from them before considering contributing again.

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I wonder if the Ginger Dwarf will give an address to the nation about it this time, now that her pal Val is out the picture...

Exactly I'll bet nothing gets said. Be interesting to see how many folk will boycott Broadwood?

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

You raging that your hero has been punted from Raith?

Are you still upset? You can't seem to stay away he's certainly not my hero it's the total hypocrisy of the whole thing .

Apparently we have a new sponsor lined up so really couldn't care less about Vals opinion aswell. 

Raith; "How'd ye's like DG back? Only £1200 per month and you can sign him permanently for £65K"

Clyde; " We'll take I'm on loan until April if you pay his wages"

Raith; " Lads lads, be reasonable, ok you pay his £1200 a week and you can keep him, gratis"

Clyde; "You pay his wages and goal bonuses we'll take him until April, Tick tock when's that loan deadline???"

Raith;"Sigh! Ok Just take him, we'll pay all his wages"

Behold the the stellar financial geniuses of the KPMG & Deloitte Accountancy firms.

Of course this paves the way for DG turning out for us next season when Danny Lennon is installed at seasons end in McGlynn's stead. Having played him so long Lennon should have no qualms about playing him.

thought Val done superb at the start of this debacle but that tweet there a bit silly, she said contract ending negotiations, there may very well have been "negotiations" but both parties would need to agree to these before anything could be acted on (ie payoff)

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yep, I’m out on any payments to RRFC and associated acts until “he” is gone from the Club. The Directors are trickier, but I would like some clarity from them before considering contributing again.

Don't hold your breath.

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

We were always going to be paying his wages one way or another. This might actually let us recoup something at least. The main things is that he’s out of our club and hopefully the report is right and he’s gone for good at the end of the season and we can forget him. 

Won’t forget the monumental f**k up those in charge at Rovers made of this though. The sooner they move on the better. Won’t be anytime soon, especially Sim, but hopefully in a few years time every single one of them will have nothing to do with Raith Rovers.

I was going to ask actually what attitudes are like amongst the support about the board and McGlynn, now after the dust has settled slightly. With them having made some apologies and shown some remorse for the impact it had on the club at least.

I don't ask in a way that is judgemental or sneery, just curious as to whether most are happy to put it in the past and move on, or if there is still a number that will continue to stay away while those responsible for the deal are still there?

I know id hate to be in the position that Raith fans were put in.

5 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I was going to ask actually what attitudes are like amongst the support about the board and McGlynn, now after the dust has settled slightly. With them having made some apologies and shown some remorse for the impact it had on the club at least.

I don't ask in a way that is judgemental or sneery, just curious as to whether most are happy to put it in the past and move on, or if there is still a number that will continue to stay away while those responsible for the deal are still there?

Views are mixed. Some don’t care. Some do. Some are staying away, some aren’t.  Some are never coming back. It’s all down to personally how everyone feels. Most are back at games, although a number will have been ‘lost’  Hard to put a number on it. 

I’ve not been back at a game since this shitshow started. That’s not any sort of offficial boycott, just haven’t had the stomach for it. That might change over the next few weeks or maybe it’ll take to next season to pass. 

Personally I’d like to see everyone involved in the decision no longer at the club. Sim, Morgan, MacDonald, Sinton, McCartney and McGlynn. Realistically that’s not going to happen in the short term though. 

27 minutes ago, AuAl said:

My anger has dissipated somewhat, given the fact he is now away from the club. I'm not hugely motivated to see the BoD and Manager changed and I think with everything else going on in the world that there is unlikely to be any significant ongoing demand for change at either level. 

We may have lost some fans for good but I doubt there would be many of the hardcore going every week category. The biggest damage has probably been done to the stalling of our ongoing progression within the community. The damage to that is not easily quantifiable but hopefully the fact that he never played for us has limited that somewhat.

For me, the line is now drawn under it. We move on.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

^^ Another absolute loser who fucking hates women. 

Seems like you're furious a woman has dared call out that she was raped, are furious that a woman is First Minster, are furious that a female First Minister has called out Raith on signed a rapist and are furious that a female author has called out Raith on signing a rapist.

What an arse, incapable of simple logic; you obviously think all women are fandabidosy ...

The good news for those asking is that Val McDermid has reacted. 
Bit weird the condemnation goes only to our board and nothing Clyde's way, but whatever. 
And no, I won't have forgotten about it. I am pleased it looks like we have a path to getting rid of him, but change is still needed at board level. 
Once again, the only winner here is David Goodwillie. 

2 winners in this.

David Goodwillie and Val McDermid who has used this whole horrible situation as a massive PR Stunt for herself.

Hopefully settles back in at clyde so there are no issues making it permanent in summer.Val must know more than most that we don’t have a pot of money to pay him off fully and send him on his way, this is as good as it gets right now but if she sells a few more books with her latest tweet them good for her 😕

sturgeon playing the remorse card I see. How many people here would admit to being a rapist and show remorse when you didn’t actually rape anyone? Plenty people forget his biggest crime that night might just be getting drunk and having sexual relations with a willing partner at the time who also had too much to drink

makes for better headlines and easier for the masses with their pitchforks to go with the balance of probability verdict meaning he is 100% guilty

bottom line is that nobody except him and robertson know the truth, not even her as she apparently can’t remember 

25 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Da Baracus is obviously another sad individual who loves to stick his nose in other people's business! Bloody creep.

He is always stinking us out with his pea brain posts (like, because I criticised Sturgeon and McDairmid that's proof I hate all women 😂 ). he needs to creep back into his Halbeath swamp.

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

He is always stinking us out with his pea brain posts (like, because I criticised Sturgeon and McDairmid that's proof I hate all women 😂 ). he needs to creep back into his Halbeath swamp.

Obviously not got a life,job etc. You would think Dunfermline have bigger issues. 

10 minutes ago, zicoromaines said:

Hopefully settles back in at clyde so there are no issues making it permanent in summer.Val must know more than most that we don’t have a pot of money to pay him off fully and send him on his way, this is as good as it gets right now but if she sells a few more books with her latest tweet them good for her 😕

sturgeon playing the remorse card I see. How many people here would admit to being a rapist and show remorse when you didn’t actually rape anyone? Plenty people forget his biggest crime that night might just be getting drunk and having sexual relations with a willing partner at the time who also had too much to drink

makes for better headlines and easier for the masses with their pitchforks to go with the balance of probability verdict meaning he is 100% guilty

bottom line is that nobody except him and robertson know the truth, not even her as she apparently can’t remember 

It’s not the “bottom line” at all though, is it? In fact one of the literal “bottom lines” of the court transcript is that he is a rapist.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

7 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Obviously not got a life,job etc. You would think Dunfermline have bigger issues. 

Shows what a ridiculous moron piece of shit you are that you think someone can't look at more than one issue at a time. Also, are you saying that if my team wasn't currently shit I could be posting about the issue? Furthermore, does it really take you hours to post things on here, because it takes me a minute or so at most. You seem to insinuate that, because I've made a few posts on this thread, I must not have a job or a life, as if all my time is taken up by posting on this thread.

In addition you, and your other women hating, rape apologist pals, still haven't grasped how a multi team forum works either.

Do you want to make yourself seem like an even bigger smooth brained thick as f**k cretin? 

Edited by DA Baracus