The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Not sure we would. We've only broke the 2000 barrier three times this season (Aberdeen, Dunfermline and Kilmarnock). Even the Partick game that we won 3-2 didn't break 1800 so no idea why we'd suddenly be getting in excess of 2000 for this Saturday's game if the DG issue hadn't happened. 

And weather wasn’t a factor in that last game. I watched in shorts and t-shirt as we won 3-2. Beautiful weather.

It was on a Sunday though.

Edited by Scary Bear

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Raith have shat a lot of money on this crazy decision over Goodwillie. Do they have the resources to sign a decent enough squad for next season?

The fact the board/manager  willingly and knowingly pissed off the clubs main sponsor I,m guessing yes they have the resources

Saying that,maybe the sponsorship she provided wasn,t huge hence why they were willing to take the risk

She never spat the dummy and they knew fine well that she had she would walk. They have maybe thought she was bluffing or like what has been mentioned, sim has been glad to get rid. Whatever the case, it’s been a shitshow. Not helped by results on the pitch either.

4 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

She never spat the dummy and they knew fine well that she had she would walk. They have maybe thought she was bluffing or like what has been mentioned, sim has been glad to get rid. Whatever the case, it’s been a shitshow. Not helped by results on the pitch either.

So no answer to the original question then?

43 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Does anyone actually know how much Val and tag games put into the club through sponsorship every year?

They must have known Val would spit the dummy if they went ahead with the signing. 

Based upon older financial statements, the stand sponsorship was at least £10,000 per annum, as were each of the home and away shirt sponsorships. A very conservative £30,000 on that alone, but a more comprehensive calculation totals up at least £200,000 this year alone before the compounded losses are considered.

The board went ahead with this knowing full well in advance she would walk away.

She's got 90,000 followers on Twitter, more than 4 times what the Rovers have, how did they think it was going to go? It takes a special kind of stupid to think its a good idea to piss of a benefactor who has bailed you out time and again and was probably willing to continue to do so.

I'm not sure if she is but if Val is one of the former directors with a soft loan owing she could really turn the screw. 

I keep saying it but if someone lost £300,000 for Sim, Sinton or McDonald's company they'd be gone the same day! 

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Based upon older financial statements, the stand sponsorship was at least £10,000 per annum, as were each of the home and away shirt sponsorships. A very conservative £30,000 on that alone, but a more comprehensive calculation totals up at least £200,000 this year alone before the compounded losses are considered.

So explain the remaining £170k?

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

The board went ahead with this knowing full well in advance she would walk away.

She's got 90,000 followers on Twitter, more than 4 times what the Rovers have, how did they think it was going to go? It takes a special kind of stupid to think its a good idea to piss of a benefactor who has bailed you out time and again and was probably willing to continue to do so.

I'm not sure if she is but if Val is one of the former directors with a soft loan owing she could really turn the screw. 

I keep saying it but if someone lost £300,000 for Sim, Sinton or McDonald's company they'd be gone the same day! 

How many of her twitter followers give a damn about the Rovers? Bailing us out? Yes she puts money into club but compared to Sim it's like night and day.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

I’ll allow someone with more direct knowledge to do that, but suffice to say those numbers are conservative and factual to my satisfaction.

Yeah but you seem to have gone way overboard to jump from £30k to £200k is just ridiculous. Some of the nonsense on here from the usual dozen or so who think or claim to speak for the entire fanbase is just laughable. 

If any of you guys actually have some hard facts then great please share them if not then stop feeding our fans and some very obsessed opposition fans with false propaganda. 

10k stand sponsorship, 20k for shirt sponsorship seems a bargain basement  price, 

But all these figures are just pure speculation and conjecture till someone comes along with concrete proof of what this will cost us or there are detailed accounts published at the end of the next accounting period (May?)

£60k transfer fee to Clyde and 134 weeks wages at £1k/week, that for starters and not including lost revenue from lower gates, less hospitality, huge drop in lotto and supporters fund.  Losses won't be a kick on the arse of £250k this season alone. 

Add all those drops in revenue to the lost shirt and stand revenues and we could see as much as £100k wiped out of next seasons budget. If only 100 fans decide not to renew season tickets there's £30,000 out straight away. 

We won't know the true figure publicly until the accounts are published for this period. It's safe to assume based on what we have heard that the fee for goodwilllie is 50k+ and that his wage is over 1k a week before any bonuses. 2.5 year deal and there's the 200k loss to club funds. 10k a year for shirt sponsorship at this level is probably below the actual figure as well. Take in loss of match day sponsorhsip, tag pulling out which will probably mean the match day app, loss of streaming, loss of the players fund, walk ups for home games which also result in less money spent in the club shop etc. Like I said though, we won't know the true figure until the accounts are published for this time.

I'm not sure why anyone would even attempt to defend a big loss is going to happen unless they're just trolling. I don't think it will result in us doing a Brechin, but there's a significant loss going to happen through it all.

36 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Yeah but you seem to have gone way overboard to jump from £30k to £200k is just ridiculous. Some of the nonsense on here from the usual dozen or so who think or claim to speak for the entire fanbase is just laughable. 

If any of you guys actually have some hard facts then great please share them if not then stop feeding our fans and some very obsessed opposition fans with false propaganda. 

Its all guesswork from those that claim to be ITK