The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

What I've heard through the grapevine, is that when McCartney spoke to Val, we genuinely weren't chasing Goodwillie at that point. We had another transfer target who opted to move to another club instead of us. We then went in for Goodwillie when Clyde offered him.

That still doesn't negate that Val, and plenty of others, had objections before and after the deal. Objections which our board and CEO chose to ignore until a few days after we already descended into a complete clusterfuck.

The CEO could have and should have put this approach to bed, she would've been the first point of contact when Clyde got in touch, she knew full well at that point the ramifications of signing said player, yet knowing full well she would be classed as a liar to no less than our biggest sponsor, she went ahead anyway and put the wheels in motion by passing the Clyde approach on to  Sim, as Scottydog says shes there to do the best for her employer and whats right for the club , to that end I hold her more culpable than anyone 

The fact that no one has reached out to the Women’s team in order to get them back associated with the club tells you all you need to know about how the current regime think. Even if they couldn’t give a shit about having a Women’s side going forward then you think they’d at least do it for the PR/reputation benefits. 

Trust me, these c***s think they have got through this unscathed with their bland ‘we are so sorry’ statement and kicking board reconstruction into next season. They don’t give a f**k in reality and probably still think deep down that this was all a storm in a teacup. They are probably privately congratulating themselves on getting rid of VMcD. And most fans seem content to leave them in charge which is baffling. 

8 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

The fact that no one has reached out to the Women’s team in order to get them back associated with the club tells you all you need to know about how the current regime think. Even if they couldn’t give a shit about having a Women’s side going forward then you think they’d at least do it for the PR/reputation benefits. 

Trust me, these c***s think they have got through this unscathed with their bland ‘we are so sorry’ statement and kicking board reconstruction into next season. They don’t give a f**k in reality and probably still think deep down that this was all a storm in a teacup. They are probably privately congratulating themselves on getting rid of VMcD. And most fans seem content to leave them in charge which is baffling. 

Pretty much this^^^^^^

Going forward the club needs better people, the fact that the CEO and The BoD can't see that their PR is down the toilet and not improving tells you all you need to know about them.

If they are currently employing a PR advisor then they need to get shot of them and spend more money on the job than just paying lip service to the task. If as it appears there is no PR advisor employed the moment then there is a real need to employ someone of genuine ability and not just some pal they know who's in that field.

Sadly the best PR move would be the option that none of them will take, and that's simply leaving the building!

45 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The CEO could have and should have put this approach to bed, she would've been the first point of contact when Clyde got in touch, she knew full well at that point the ramifications of signing said player, yet knowing full well she would be classed as a liar to no less than our biggest sponsor, she went ahead anyway and put the wheels in motion by passing the Clyde approach on to  Sim, as Scottydog says shes there to do the best for her employer and whats right for the club , to that end I hold her more culpable than anyone 

Was the CEO first point of contact though?

Bill Clark said in his interview that someone from Clyde approached someone at Rovers but strangely he didn,t  know who or was unwillingly to name either

With Raith TV back up and running maybe they could arrange an interview with the CEO and the 4 who voted in favour of signing DG,warts n all 😜

Edited by Rovers_Lad

6 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Was the CEO first point of contact though?

Bill Clark said in his interview that someone from Clyde approached someone at Rovers but strangely he didn,t  know who or was unwillingly to name either

I can't see it being any Director, so that leaves the CEO, John McGlynn or Smith, certainly wouldn't be Sim

9 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I can't see it being any Director, so that leaves the CEO, John McGlynn or Smith, certainly wouldn't be Sim

Shite, the obvious choice is PS, as he has the CEO’s ear, for a back door approach.

52 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Yip. Looking forward to the more diverse board we've been promised. I would bet my house that cronyism will be at play here.

They're playing with fire. Our league demise, difficulty getting same level of sponsorship and likely reduction in Season ticket sales might make some of these 2 and 3 year contracts difficult to finance. The sooner the current lot are emptied the better.

51 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Shite, the obvious choice is PS, as he has the CEO’s ear, for a back door approach.

And yet you're advocating PS taking over from McGlynn till the end of season.......... strange to say the least

And just out of curiosity, how would someone purportedly living in the States know that little gem, or are you not who you say you are  

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

10 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Yip. Looking forward to the more diverse board we've been promised. I would bet my house that cronyism will be at play here.

They're playing with fire. Our league demise, difficulty getting same level of sponsorship and likely reduction in Season ticket sales might make some of these 2 and 3 year contracts difficult to finance. The sooner the current lot are emptied the better.

Is that maybe in some way a reason for our continued drop in form 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Jesus wept, no outreach at all? It just makes the coming clear out more comprehensive, if done, and less effective if they try to save a few parties. As I’ve noted elsewhere, as long as JMcG is the face of the Club, this fiasco will be mentioned with every appearance for several years, which is why he has to go, regardless of other considerations. The BoD hung him out to dry with that horrible statement/interview, and all deserve hanging for that alone since they have cowered in hiding since.

Do you know any rich Texans that want to buy a Football Club, and then we can run the whole of these shisters out of our club

26 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

And who is going to take over. Please provide some insight into a potential buyer for the club. Last time I was down at SP I never saw a queue waiting to speak to the BOD about a possible takeover. Be very careful what you wish for Frankie Donuts Donaldson or an associate may appear in the stands

8 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

And who is going to take over. Please provide some insight into a potential buyer for the club. Last time I was down at SP I never saw a queue waiting to speak to the BOD about a possible takeover. Be very careful what you wish for Frankie Donuts Donaldson or an associate may appear in the stands

Thats the crux of the matter, never mind buying the club, how much would it take to buy out the 3 Directors even if they were willing to sell

Plus they'd need to sort their mess out first

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

On Radio Scotland news tonight that Goodwillie's victim is considering a private prosecution.

That will muddy the waters even more as far as Rovers are concerned. They'll be reluctant to pay him off with a lump sum in case he ends up in the slammer and his contract would become null and void, but I'd imagine a prosecution like this will be a lengthy process.

Playing Devil's advocate, what happens if the case proceeds and Goodwillie is found Not Guilty?

3 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

On Radio Scotland news tonight that Goodwillie's victim is considering a private prosecution.

That will muddy the waters even more as far as Rovers are concerned. They'll be reluctant to pay him off with a lump sum in case he ends up in the slammer and his contract would become null and void, but I'd imagine a prosecution like this will be a lengthy process.

Playing Devil's advocate, what happens if the case proceeds and Goodwillie is found Not Guilty?

Private prosecutions are incredibly rare in Scotland - during the whole of the 20th Century only two took place. I'm not sure if there'll be external pressure given the circumstances of the people involved. 

I'd imagine that even if it went ahead, and Goodwillie and Robertson were found not guilty via private prosecution, then we'd be the last club in Scotland he'd want to come near. Why would you want to be at a club who ditched you after presumably offering assurances that they'd stick with you regardless of any backlash your transfer might incur. The club where large chunks of the fan base have vocally told you that you're unwanted. 

So if her job was to forward all correspondence re players to the chairman then realistically she did her job. We will never know what her role is as a job. What I will say its a job that is not required IMO in a championship club.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Private prosecutions are incredibly rare in Scotland - during the whole of the 20th Century only two took place. I'm not sure if there'll be external pressure given the circumstances of the people involved. 

I'd imagine that even if it went ahead, and Goodwillie and Robertson were found not guilty via private prosecution, then we'd be the last club in Scotland he'd want to come near. Why would you want to be at a club who ditched you after presumably offering assurances that they'd stick with you regardless of any backlash your transfer might incur. The club where large chunks of the fan base have vocally told you that you're unwanted. 

I agree, but rare or not, it's unlikely that the contract situation will be resolved with this hanging over Goodwillie.

I'm also willing to wager that were he found Not Guilty in a criminal court, more than one club in crisis and in need of a goalscorer would take a punt on him.

Thats the crux of the matter, never mind buying the club, how much would it take to buy out the 3 Directors even if they were willing to sell
Who the hell is going to buy out the 3 directors knowing fine well they have no control of the pitch they play on.

7 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Who the hell is going to buy out the 3 directors knowing fine well they have no control of the pitch they play on.

exactly my point