The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Excellent statement, especially this bit which I wholeheartedly agree with.  

Up until this transfer I hadn't heard of any grumblings of discontent around the board so I don't think they need to go, as long as they 'accept that they failed the club' and 'support positive change'.

This part is also encouraging;

Agree. That kind of statement from the BoD/Owner would have made this a lot easier.

29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That statement is all well and good, but the incompetence of the board and management has cost us a small fortune and heads have to roll for that.

I'm sure that in good time when the dust has finally settled that they will explain EXACTLY how this will be funded, between them it wouldnt make a huge dent in their wallets so let's hope that is how it pans out, if not then f**k them.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

The board members clearly aren't going to resign, that's for sure. And it is pointless calling for them to do as well, especially since they are almost certainly owed money. However, at least one of them needs removing - A process that cannot be done overnight and will take some time. 

The present form of governance is not desirable and it needs to change no matter how 'sorry' the directors think they are. Only the £200k our choice cost the club  eh? Sorry about that! 

Which one are you on about?

Agree. That kind of statement from the BoD/Owner would have made this a lot easier.
Very good point. The fact that the BoD have been bunkered away for the last couple of weeks whilst putting the manager and the assistant manager's wife out to deal with the media and fan groups is really dispiriting.
In fact, they're still shitebags.
McDonald, Morgan and Sinton will just be shills for Sim, amirite??

12 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Very good point. The fact that the BoD have been bunkered away for the last couple of weeks whilst putting the manager and the assistant manager's wife out to deal with the media and fan groups is really dispiriting.
In fact, they're still shitebags.
McDonald, Morgan and Sinton will just be shills for Sim, amirite??

As far as I'm aware, she's not spoken to the media re the transfer saga. I do know she's been involved in discussions with some of the volunteers who resigned and explained her side of the timeline in the transfer. Given her primary involvement at Stark's is CEO (rather than Paul Smith's wife) you'd hope she'd be one of the first ones out to discuss the matter. 

As far as I'm aware, she's not spoken to the media re the transfer saga. I do know she's been involved in discussions with some of the volunteers who resigned and explained her side of the timeline in the transfer. Given her primary involvement at Stark's is CEO (rather than Paul Smith's wife) you'd hope she'd be one of the first ones out to discuss the matter. 
Sorry, I should've tried to be clearer.... it's meant to be read as McGlynn for media and McCartney for fans group.

But then who will draw the Super Lotto if we're without the talents of ol' Tombola Morgan? 
I think it was macdonald that done it this week. Really no need for Morgan to stay now. So that would be one board member fucked off at least.

It would be quite interesting to know what the board members actually do in the day to day running of the club.

1 hour ago, Against The Machine said:

But then who will draw the Super Lotto if we're without the talents of ol' Tombola Morgan? 

That’s easy…rotate the “opportunity” between the Owner, CEO and BoD. Advertise well in advance, and sell rotten tomatoes for a £1 per….all money to be donated to charities such as Rape Crisis Scotland.

The meeting was positive and productive, and we found the club open and willing to listen to our ideas and concerns, and also to understand our point of view on issues where we disagreed. 

Is up there with one of the most blatant loads of horseshit ever surely? I remember the Raith thread at the start of January and you were all rightly in condemnation of the signing, you had Val McDermid tweeting publically about it and it couldn't have been clearer that the fans wouldn't have accepted the signing. 

They shat on you from a great height and as of yet, not a single person who wanted the signing has resigned. "Open and willing to discuss our ideas and concerns", up until they think they know better than you and judge someone to be a part of the Rovers family of course x

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

The meeting was positive and productive, and we found the club open and willing to listen to our ideas and concerns, and also to understand our point of view on issues where we disagreed. 

Is up there with one of the most blatant loads of horseshit ever surely? I remember the Raith thread at the start of January and you were all rightly in condemnation of the signing, you had Val McDermid tweeting publically about it and it couldn't have been clearer that the fans wouldn't have accepted the signing. 

They shat on you from a great height and as of yet, not a single person who wanted the signing has resigned. "Open and willing to discuss our ideas and concerns", up until they think they know better than you and judge someone to be a part of the Rovers family of course x

Never mind any of that shite, Goodwillie is STILL on the books. It’s been 2 weeks, how long does it take to negotiate a settlement with him.  He’s not playing - Great, he’s not training - fantastic. Then why’s he still here! 

We can talk bridge building, resignations, sackings and everything else once he’s actually gone.

Edited by San Starko Rover

43 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Never mind any of that shite, Goodwillie is STILL on the books. It’s been 2 weeks, how long does it take to negotiate a settlement with him.  He’s not playing - Great, he’s not training - fantastic. Then why’s he still here! 

We can talk bridge building, resignations, sackings and everything else once he’s actually gone.

Looking at this logically it's going to be a nightmare to release him, aswell as his basic wage which seems to be between 1000-1400 you'll surely have goal and appearance bonuses that he won't be receiving. Can't see Goodwillie being very willing to compromise. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Looking at this logically it's going to be a nightmare to release him, aswell as his basic wage which seems to be between 1000-1400 you'll surely have goal and appearance bonuses that he won't be receiving. Can't see Goodwillie being very willing to compromise. 

To be fair to him, why should he. He must know that he’ll never play football at any decent level ever again, as even Clyde surely wouldn’t take him back after all the recent publicity. He can now just sit on his arse and take his money. F**ckin rapist!

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Have you seen the list of injuries to Rovers players over the years, none of this is a guarantee and will be hard to argue.

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

I disagree with being angry about the fact he's still on the books.

We've said he won't play or train with the club so there's no benefit to us 'keeping him on the books'- it's obviously just taking time to iron out the legal implications and that's why he's not officially gone yet, but to all intents and purposes he is gone.

I also don't see the difference between paying him off in one lump or paying him monthly as per his initial contract.  We have to pay him what he is due legally so why does it matter how it is done? (I can understand worrying about where the money comes from, but not when it is paid).