The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Glad the principles of Raith TV lasted all of *checks notes* a fortnight.

I think that's very harsh.

Their actions helped ensure Goodwillie never played for us, they were very commendable. The club needs to now rebuild its shattered reputation and the media outlet for this will be important. I'm not convinced they are going back to be mouthpieces for the current board and they will help us understand what steps are being taken to rebuild the bridges burned over the last couple of weeks.

I look forward to seeing their output and judging it for myself.

This has now got to the stage where no matter who does what someone is (or pretends to be) offended that they’ve said the wrong thing, said too much, not said enough, gone too far, not gone far enough etc etc etc.

It comes back to what I said in the immediate aftermath about people treating the situation like it’s black and white when clearly there is a lot of nuance in the background that we as the general public will never (and should never) be party to.

And now we have rival fans starting to pile in with their faux outrage too.

Well done Raith TV for taking the stance that helped to make sure a rapist never played for our club.
And well done Raith TV for returning to ensure that the connection with the fans that rely on your service is not irretrievably lost.

Wow

Rival fans have been great throughout this. Standing by us and having sympathy rather than taking the piss.
Most are still the same but there are a few starting to point score and act like they are outraged at every comment made (or not made) by the club.

The 15th of the month is when they asked peoples standing orders for the supporters fund to go into the coffers.
Wonder how big a deficit there was this month to previous. 

I hadn't cancelled mine, possibly due to laziness.  However certainly droves of people most likely have.

49 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Rival fans have been great throughout this. Standing by us and having sympathy rather than taking the piss.
Most are still the same but there are a few starting to point score and act like they are outraged at every comment made (or not made) by the club.

I don't see much outrage - personally I'm not surprised at the way this is going, probably the way your thick, ignorant BOD & management team wanted it to go along........yesterdays' news.

I think I can detect this in your tone as well, however correct me if I'm wrong.

The 15th of the month is when they asked peoples standing orders for the supporters fund to go into the coffers.
Wonder how big a deficit there was this month to previous. 
I hadn't cancelled mine, possibly due to laziness.  However certainly droves of people most likely have.

I cancelled mine. I'll probably wait a wee bit to see how things progress before starting to add back in to it.

I don't see much outrage - personally I'm not surprised at the way this is going, probably the way your thick, ignorant BOD & management team wanted it to go along........yesterdays' news.
I think I can detect this in your tone as well, however correct me if I'm wrong.

No, no wish to sweep this under the carpet from me.
Lessons need to be learned and change needs to happen, but I also understand that in organisations like this, these type of changes cannot happen immediately.

And I also know from experience that the thought processes of ‘management decisions’ should not be shared publicly until the decisions have been made. You cannot and should not keep everyone 100% in the loop all the time, not matter how much we as fans feel we may be entitled to it.

I feel that having a go at Raith TV (or any volunteers) for returning when nobody knows what dialogue has taken place smacks of point scoring and faux-outrage.
These people are providing a service which lots of people rely on and should not be criticised for helping fellow fans.

21 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

My financial contributions are cancelled until I know the details of Goodwillies Payoff at least.

I may return to games once this is confirmed however I don't think I'll be paying into the supporters fund until I have faith in the decision makers on the board and in the management team.

Do you honestly believe that the club are going to announce details of a payoff. No chance this will be agreed through solicitors etc. But you continue damaging the club by not contributing either through your payments or the turnstiles. 

29 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
3 hours ago, Raithie said:
Not like Dunfermline fans to get upset over this, no not at all.

If you cant get upset over rape then what can you get upset by?

It's not RaithTV's fault with what's been going on, they've chosen to return of their own free will and now their morals/principles are being questioned by a Dunfermline fan because they've not been away long enough for their liking 😅

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Do you honestly believe that the club are going to announce details of a payoff. No chance this will be agreed through solicitors etc. But you continue damaging the club by not contributing either through your payments or the turnstiles. 

IMO the club damaged itself.

If I think I'm contributing to a rapists wages then I wont be buying anything. Simple.

It's not RaithTV's fault with what's been going on, they've chosen to return of their own free will and now their morals/principles are being questioned by a Dunfermline fan because they've not been away long enough for their liking [emoji28]
I've not said it's their fault just pointed out that their moral stance folded like a deck chair.

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
36 minutes ago, Raithie said:
It's not RaithTV's fault with what's been going on, they've chosen to return of their own free will and now their morals/principles are being questioned by a Dunfermline fan because they've not been away long enough for their liking emoji28.png

I've not said it's their full just pointed out that their moral stance folded like a deck chair.

Not really.

The club have confirmed that Goodwillie will never play for us. It's not as if the TV boys have just changed their mind on their view of the signing.

Your criticism of them detracts from your rightful criticism of other elements of our club at the minute. It's starting to come across as a bit anti Rovers for the sake of it as opposed to proper outrage at the decision makers in the club that thought the signing of Goodwillie was acceptable.