The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Reads a bit like. We knew you would be pissed off, but we need volunteers for our license and no the board aren't going anywhere.

My reading too, I think volunteers will in time return out of duty/love for the club and fellow fans.

The Board will see it as "all is forgiven" though my hope is they (volunteers, supporters groups) maintain a drive for change while returning to keep the ship afloat.

Kinda fits with what I heard at Celtic Park from supporters. Same message second hand from someone sat next to us who had details from key volunteers. 

another holding statement, as next game more fans will come back through the gates and they will see it as a win that fans are coming back.
It's a situation where both parties will see it as a win of sorts. The directors will feel they can breath a sigh of relief and fans will be happy there isn't a rapist playing for us.

So the supporters who on efhical grounds are currently staying away, can stay awaŷ forever, and so can any sponsors who don’t like it.

We need this broad brush of nothingness,  because it’s really good for sweeping stuff under the carpet.

The self interest at play here is breathtaking, but if you as a support buy into “no one needs to go because the punters will soon forget” then that’s a choice you will all make individually. That your CEO can lie to your major sponsor yet still see herself as someone worthy of her position is quite simply astonishing.

Having read the posts here before reading the statement it's nowhere near as bad as I feared. It didn't give us much information and it would have been good to see some mention of the shirt sponsorship situation, but this could well be one of the ongoing legal matters. 

It's not made matters worse, so that's a start. Actions speak louder than words, so we'll see what happens over the next 2-3 months and judge further then. 

3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Moan, moan, fuckin moan, as if thats gonna change anything, it'll take time, these things just dont happen overnight however much you want it to

Exactly

The people who you,d expect  to be more aggrieved about this whole saga are the women supporters yet a fair number are still attending games

Edited by Rovers_Lad

The statement still reads, for me, like a, "please come back", rather than the, "we genuinely understand why so many of you are still deeply distressed about how our decision making threatened the very values of your club."

There are some positive noises within it - & have been some others in the last couple of weeks re: changes on the board, meetings with supporter's groups etc. but as others have alluded to, this is the statement that should have been released at least a week ago.

Absolutely an air of, "this will all blow over", about it.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

That statement is as bad as the last statement defending the signing (which was so hugely bad and so dismissive of the fans ire).

This is a pathetic, pleading , life out your club bleeding mess. McGlynn and the 4 directors need ejected into oblivion.

Yep neeburs, we're sorry and that, ken

Kin ye no awe come back noo and help pay aff Badwullie?

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Exactly

The people who should feel more aggrieved about this whole saga are the women supporters yet a fair number are still attending games

Just to clarify, your suggestion is that women supporters, in particular, should be more aggrieved about the Club pursuing, lying about pursuing, paying for and signing DG? I hope you see the problem with the way that statement is phrased, and didn’t mean that.

2 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

Pre match interview will be on Friday this week. Likely live audio coverage and match highlights on Saturday, awaiting confirmation of access from the home club. 👍

Fucking buzzing at this. Missed sitting in my skants on the other side of the world listening to Davie and Niall.

Welcome back fellas.