The New Raith Rovers Thread

32 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Heard today at clydebank game goodwillie is close 2 joining darvel. 

Wouldn’t have thought he’d be able to talk to anyone if he’s currently contracted to Raith until he’s officially released.  Have Darvel got a Ladies team or a Sponsor and who’s their most noteworthy fan and are they on Twitter 😜

Tier 6 guess every team from Tier 3-5 said no chance, even Clyde. 

2 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Wouldn’t have thought he’d be able to talk to anyone if he’s currently contracted to Raith until he’s officially released.  Have Darvel got a Ladies team or a Sponsor and who’s their most noteworthy fan and are they on Twitter 😜

Tier 6 guess every team from Tier 3-5 said no chance, even Clyde. 

If ur no gonnie play him am sure ud be glad someone is interested in him and darvel r the moneymen in the wosl with the killie pie man funding them. 

18 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

If ur no gonnie play him am sure ud be glad someone is interested in him and darvel r the moneymen in the wosl with the killie pie man funding them. 

To be fair unless he’s taking less than his full contract off us I couldn’t care less who he plays for next. If he’s going to Darvel and taking less than the full 2.5 years salary from us, I’ll pay his taxi and buy him a Killie Pie. 

I’d be surprised if he’s talking to anyone (unless in secret) until he’s finished negotiating his contract with us. He can hardly claim he’s been made unemployable by us  in the negotiations if the Darvel Chairman is waiting out back in the car. 

FWIW I have seen Darvel mentioned elsewhere. So you may be right. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

So, still no sense of responsibility, nor culpability, nor any consequences for anyone at the club other than to send McGlynn out to take the flak. Still not the tiniest sign of building those bridges, they're making things worse not better.

It was inevitable somewhere we'd reach a point where we were divided on here, where they'd done enough for some but not for others and we'd end up arguing about it. So first up a pat on the back for everyone for having got this far and having at least achieved the initial target - when I posted my initial shit-the-bed post on Tuesday morning I feared that I'd be in the minority, that ultimately enough people would tolerate it just as happened at Clyde. I apologise to everyone in the wider Raith family for underestimating you and I've rarely been more pleased to be wrong.

We also still have some common ground in needing to see more from the board; the management is more problematic and I understand many people having conflicted feelings on it.

And I'm not judging anyone or criticising anyone at this point for their stance (except maybe the tiny number of heid-the-ba's who are pissed off that DG got forced out - they can f**k off).

But for me, I can't support the club right now. That's not even an intellectual decision, when it's come to it, it's not an attempt to take a moral view, it's just the way I feel. Heart's not in it, I don't and can't care about the results or what division we're in next season. I just feel entirely indifferent to it.

Suppose - bear with me here - suppose we were to win this afternoon. I'd love to be able to enjoy it. I'd love to savour the moment, first and foremost, and then I'd love to be able to go into a workplace full of Celtic fans glowing smugness, and then I'd love receiving messages from friends around the country and further afield who'd seen the result. But that's all fucked, 'cause everyone knows we're tainted and that's yet to be properly addressed. I want us to win games, and I want to be able to enjoy us winning games, but to do that I need to be able to hold my head up and not feel a bit ashamed when I tell people I'm a Raith Rovers fan. If all I wanted to do was to see my team win, whatever, I could've just supported Celtic in the first place.

Game's gone, for me, at the moment, until there's been a proper reckoning - and the longer that takes the more difficult that's going to be. And worst of all, and it hurts me to say it, it needs to include the management.

Love to you all, and once again thanks to pretty well everyone for their initial reactions.

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

So, still no sense of responsibility, nor culpability, nor any consequences for anyone at the club other than to send McGlynn out to take the flak. Still not the tiniest sign of building those bridges, they're making things worse not better.

It was inevitable somewhere we'd reach a point where we were divided on here, where they'd done enough for some but not for others and we'd end up arguing about it. So first up a pat on the back for everyone for having got this far and having at least achieved the initial target - when I posted my initial shit-the-bed post on Tuesday morning I feared that I'd be in the minority, that ultimately enough people would tolerate it just as happened at Clyde. I apologise to everyone in the wider Raith family for underestimating you and I've rarely been more pleased to be wrong.

We also still have some common ground in needing to see more from the board; the management is more problematic and I understand many people having conflicted feelings on it.

And I'm not judging anyone or criticising anyone at this point for their stance (except maybe the tiny number of heid-the-ba's who are pissed off that DG got forced out - they can f**k off).

But for me, I can't support the club right now. That's not even an intellectual decision, when it's come to it, it's not an attempt to take a moral view, it's just the way I feel. Heart's not in it, I don't and can't care about the results or what division we're in next season. I just feel entirely indifferent to it.

Suppose - bear with me here - suppose we were to win this afternoon. I'd love to be able to enjoy it. I'd love to savour the moment, first and foremost, and then I'd love to be able to go into a workplace full of Celtic fans glowing smugness, and then I'd love receiving messages from friends around the country and further afield who'd seen the result. But that's all fucked, 'cause everyone knows we're tainted and that's yet to be properly addressed. I want us to win games, and I want to be able to enjoy us winning games, but to do that I need to be able to hold my head up and not feel a bit ashamed when I tell people I'm a Raith Rovers fan. If all I wanted to do was to see my team win, whatever, I could've just supported Celtic in the first place.

Game's gone, for me, at the moment, until there's been a proper reckoning - and the longer that takes the more difficult that's going to be. And worst of all, and it hurts me to say it, it needs to include the management.

Love to you all, and once again thanks to pretty well everyone for their initial reactions.

What a pathetic "poor me" snow flake you are.

Edited by Raith_Raver

1 hour ago, Yoss said:

Pretty much where I am just now. 

I had a wee shift towards forgiving McGlynn after listening to him last week but gut feeling is pulling me in the opposite direction. 

My thoughts on it are all over the place if I'm honest. 

Just now, foreverarover said:

I am actually surprised nobody picked up on the short sponsor today. Sorry utter tragic and won't set foot back in starks Park until the lot of them are gone.

I thought Tag were continuing as the sponsor until the end of the season?

Very strange.