The New Raith Rovers Thread

Does Goodwillie's contract say he has to be employed to play football? If not, and you're going to have to pay him anyway, get him to clean the toilets and sweep up the stands. Might as well get something for the money. And you never know, he might get fed up and walk away, in which case it's him that has broken the contract.

Does Goodwillie's contract say he has to be employed to play football? If not, and you're going to have to pay him anyway, get him to clean the toilets and sweep up the stands. Might as well get something for the money. And you never know, he might get fed up and walk away, in which case it's him that has broken the contract.
Why would we keep a rapist around starks to clean the women's toilets etc? Seems a bit counter productive.

Are you ill?

51 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Aye tempting as that sounds I think the sooner he’s emptied the better for the club.  Priority 1 is get Goodwillie off the list of employees after that everything else is secondary.  

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Aye tempting as that sounds I think the sooner he’s emptied the better for the club.  Priority 1 is get Goodwillie off the list of employees after that everything else is secondary.  

^^^^ 100% this, and the sooner the better

44 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wonder if we could see Dick moved into left centre back and Mackie in at Left wingback. 

If anything I think it'd be the other way around given Mackie's physicality, but no, I think that's a like-for-like "competition for places" signing. 

I'm very pleased about it (and not just because I called it a month ago). Liam Dick has been the poorest regular starter over the course of the season, and we've suffered for not having any kind of natural replacement. 

I daresay he's had to play with knocks and had to tough it out through poor form too when others have been rested in the same circumstances, so it might well lift his contributions. 

10 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

If anything I think it'd be the other way around given Mackie's physicality, but no, I think that's a like-for-like "competition for places" signing. 

I'm very pleased about it (and not just because I called it a month ago). Liam Dick has been the poorest regular starter over the course of the season, and we've suffered for not having any kind of natural replacement. 

I daresay he's had to play with knocks and had to tough it out through poor form too when others have been rested in the same circumstances, so it might well lift his contributions. 

I didn't realise that Mackie could also play centre back so I suspect you're correct. Glad we've gotten an extra body in because with Lang out and Berra missing games recently we have suddenly become light at the back. 

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I didn't realise that Mackie could also play centre back so I suspect you're correct. Glad we've gotten an extra body in because with Lang out and Berra missing games recently we have suddenly become light at the back. 

I don't know that he necessarily has played centre back, but I think he's more likely to fit in there than Liam Dick. 

He's hardly played any football at all recently, to be fair. Big ask for him to hit the ground running. 

Carrying injuries but out of contract in the summer, maybe worth a punt if the purse isn't emptied
This loan will at least give us a chance to see what he's like now. I must admit, I'm a little shocked that we're making any signings now, but it's a welcome one for a position we're weak in.

14 minutes ago, grumswall said:
24 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:
Carrying injuries but out of contract in the summer, maybe worth a punt if the purse isn't emptied

This loan will at least give us a chance to see what he's like now. I must admit, I'm a little shocked that we're making any signings now, but it's a welcome one for a position we're weak in.

It must be about as cheap as loans come. He's out of contract in the summer, Hibs have absolutely no use for him, and he's barely featured so it's unlikely he's on anyone else's radar. 

If we're only covering the first tenner in his pay packet it's a tenner Hibs don't have otherwise.