The New Raith Rovers Thread

On 03/02/2022 at 23:25, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

This. 

Sentiment seems to be clouding people's judgement. 

Just a few days ago folk were rightfully calling out rapist apologists but now are trying to justify their actions. 

Pop Tv Alex GIF by One Day At A Time

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

jim halpert GIF

Just to confirm then, we're going with the train of thought that if you didn't criticise Clyde five years ago, you can't criticise Raith now? 

I think we're going with the thought that if you dismiss a man who persistently harassed a woman and climbed a drainpipe to spy on her through a second floor window as "a bit of a creep", people are likely to roll their eyes when you start taking a moralistic hardline about someone who employed a rapist (which, to be clear, is not a good thing) temporarily and then apologised for it. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

jim halpert GIF

Just to confirm then, we're going with the train of thought that if you didn't criticise Clyde five years ago, you can't criticise Raith now? 

Were you not angry about rape apologists then? 

Is it purely coincidental that you've become vocal now that it's the Rovers involved? 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Pop Tv Alex GIF by One Day At A Time

Where's the twist?

17 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I think we're going with the thought that if you dismiss a man who persistently harassed a woman and climbed a drainpipe to spy on her through a second floor window as "a bit of a creep", people are likely to roll their eyes when you start taking a moralistic hardline about someone who employed a rapist (which, to be clear, is not a good thing) temporarily and then apologised for it. 

Oh the wording is poor, I'll hold my hands upto that, it's quite the understatement. With that logic describing the actions of McGlynn as "not a good thing" is also a massive understatement.

Just to clarify Hardie is a wrong un,being on the receiving end of that must've been terrifying. 

17 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Were you not angry about rape apologists then? 

Is it purely coincidental that you've become vocal now that it's the Rovers involved? 

Where's the twist?

Ah, so we are going with the "If you weren't critical of Clyde five years ago..." christ on a bike. Give Val a shout with that logic. 

Just that a few days you were similarly surprised that sentiment seemed to be clouding people's judgement with regards to calling out rape apologists due to them being an OK manager, and now here we are! 

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Oh the wording is poor, I'll hold my hands upto that, it's quite the understatement. With that logic describing the actions of McGlynn as "not a good thing" is also a massive understatement.

Just to clarify Hardie is a wrong un,being on the receiving end of that must've been terrifying. 

Ah, so we are going with the "If you weren't critical of Clyde five years ago..." christ on a bike. Give Val a shout with that logic. 

Just that a few days you were similarly surprised that sentiment seemed to be clouding people's judgement with regards to calling out rape apologists due to them being an OK manager, and now here we are! 

With the revelation that you're a harassment apologist I was just making sure that you weren't just putting the boot in. 

10 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

With the revelation that you're a harassment apologist I was just making sure that you weren't just putting the boot in. 

I'm not sure that you even know what you were trying to say there. 

Edited by Grant228

41 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Enough of our own fans having full on meltdowns last few days without a Pars fan joining in…….step away from the keyboard!

He can't, it's just  not within his capabilities.

Whole debate over McGlynn is pointless right now anyway, well except for the amateur psychologists amongst us. He’s not going to resign, if he was he’d have done it by now. We’re not going to sack him as 1. We can’t afford it 2. How could our BOD sack him when they agreed with him publicly.  Reality is nothing much has changed since “we got it wrong” now we need to wait to see what our board does next. 

3 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It's pretty easy to comprehend. 

You been watching the Hardie free kick again? All the blood left your brain? 

Haven't for a wee bit, maybe later. 

To further shock you, I also seen Kasabian at TiTP and they were absolutely class in about 2013.

26 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Whole debate over McGlynn is pointless right now anyway, well except for the amateur psychologists amongst us. He’s not going to resign, if he was he’d have done it by now. We’re not going to sack him as 1. We can’t afford it 2. How could our BOD sack him when they agreed with him publicly.  Reality is nothing much has changed since “we got it wrong” now we need to wait to see what our board does next. 

Yeah, I'm expecting it to drag on quite a while yet, and McGlynn to at least see things through to the end of the season.

We've done the main thing, which is that Goodwillie won't play for us.

Next will be sorting out his contract, which might take a while given you'd imagine there's bonuses and clauses in there which is probably complicating things.  Once that's sorted out then it'll probably be changes on the board and Sim possibly taking a step back with someone else as Chairman.   It'll only be after all that is dealt with that anything will be looked at with McGlynn.

Like you say the current board can't sack him for the signing when they're just as culpable for it, if not more so given they're the ones who have to finalise it.  Even if they did somehow decide to sack him, there would be some pushback if the same board that's helped cause this mess were to then appoint a new management team.  So McGlynn's position/contract will probably be the last thing to be looked at.

78ae5555dbe7311a804b1750d52a6bff.jpg.f33b36ea01a6f0c359c79a6517db997e.jpg
I don't think there's many here looking to sweep everything under the carpet. We do have to look at the way forward for the club. It isn't just a case of sack the board etc when the owner of club and stadium is the chairman of the board.

Aren't dunfermline playing right now though?

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

I don't think there's many here looking to sweep everything under the carpet. We do have to look at the way forward for the club. It isn't just a case of sack the board etc when the owner of club and stadium is the chairman of the board.

Aren't dunfermline playing right now though?

I did say 'some' Raith fans. I think the majority of Raith fans I've seen on here have been very reasonable about it all throughout, and continue to be so, such as the point you make there.

It's half time in our game.

Edited by DA Baracus

I did say 'some' Raith fans. I think the majority of Raith fans I've seen on here have been very reasonable about it all throughout, and continue to be so, such as the point you make there.
It's half time in our game.
Fair enough, I didn't realise the time when I responded.