The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

On another note, good to see a Raith TV of sorts back for the pre-match interview.

Production values weren’t quite up to the standards of the usual team but I enjoyed Gordon’s interview style and he asked some good questions.
Interesting that talk of the rapist wasn’t off limits.

Had to chuckle when he asked if there was any chance we’d be bringing in another striker before the loan window ended though emoji23.png

Gordon Adamson offering John McGlynn tactical advice is my new favourite thing. 

36 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

@Grant228

Hi, 

It would appear you're no stranger to the old mental pommel horse yourself. 

Do you want to double down, or are you prepared to admit that there's a bit of the old hypocrisy at play here? 

Your pal, 

(Raith) Against The Machine

RIP. 

The autism thing is hardly the most outrageous comment to make. Neurodoversity is something the world is only really starting to recognise and explore now, there will be numerous generations never diagnosed because there was little to no understanding when they were in their formative years.  We can all see that John is socially awkward with being interviewed and we've seen him react to criticism, its not a massive reach to say he is fixated on this sport.

I don't believe for one second the poster is blaming this decision on John McGlynn being on the spectrum rather just raising a point as to why he may struggle at this time to fully comprehend everyone's reaction to to the signing.

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The autism thing is hardly the most outrageous comment to make. Neurodoversity is something the world is only really starting to recognise and explore now, there will be numerous generations never diagnosed because there was little to no understanding when they were in their formative years.  We can all see that John is socially awkward with being interviewed and we've seen him react to criticism, its not a massive reach to say he is fixated on this sport.

I don't believe for one second the poster is blaming this decision on John McGlynn being on the spectrum rather just raising a point as to why he may struggle at this time to fully comprehend everyone's reaction to to the signing.

I think the laughter was more around someone making a prognosis based on a couple of youtube videos. If they are indeed an actual professional in the field that's even more baffling tbh.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Grant, honestly you’re usually alright but this is just weird. The Rovers fans are ones with skin in the game. We have weighed up all the factors and we, broadly, are OK with McGlynn staying. Quite frankly, no c**t cares what you think. 

You take PnB far too seriously, I couldn't care less that you think I'm usually alright and I care even less than that no one cares what I think on here, to the vast majority on here I'm a username and a avatar of James Mcavoy, absolutely no one should give the slightest f**k what I think. If you're posting because you think people care what Hank Scorpio has to say on matters... 

57 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

@Grant228

Hi, 

It would appear you're no stranger to the old mental pommel horse yourself. 

Do you want to double down, or are you prepared to admit that there's a bit of the old hypocrisy at play here? 

Your pal, 

(Raith) Against The Machine

Double down cheers. 

Martin Hardie is a wrong un who ideally, we wouldn't have anything to do with going forward. 

I wasn't aware at the time he was though (his offences were a few years later) so I can look back at that time and remember just how class it was, my favourite season as a Pars fan winning the biggest Fife Derby in my lifetime? Glorious. I'm many things but a fortune teller ain't one. 

In the same way I wouldn't criticise any Raith fan for looking back at the good moments of McGlynns reign with a smile, but from this point onwards you're supporting him fully aware he's a rape apologist. I wouldn't criticise any Raith fan for not seeing this coming, but it has happened. 

Edited by Grant228

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I think you should ensure your club isn't relegated first, before you come in here spouting off on what should happen at our club

Some laugh if you know who ended up at Dunfermline...

Exactly…thank you

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You take PnB far too seriously, I couldn't care less than you think I'm usually alright and I care even less than that no one care what I think, to the vast majority on here I'm a username and a avatar of James Mcavoy, absolutely no one should give the slightest f**k what I think. If you're posting because you think people care what Hank Scorpio has to say on matters... 

Word salad. You’re rattled, I get it. I would be too if I’d just been given a telling of that proportion in front of so many people. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Reckon I'll be pointing out that John McGlynn is a rape apologist for a while tbh. 

Grant, I respect you comments on this forum, you are undoubtably one of the more reasoned posters from our neighbours, unfortunately on this subject you are becoming a broken record, we all know your thoughts, there is no need to post them every few hours.

I think the laughter was more around someone making a prognosis based on a couple of youtube videos. If they are indeed an actual professional in the field that's even more baffling tbh.

This observation of John has been going on for years not just last week any way we move on, in defence of the Mrs she’s rarely wrong.

10 minutes ago, Enigma said:

B6A032AA-2B77-4969-BFB9-3ED2EEBFC818.thumb.jpeg.d020b97ee47717f0ab9fe0e43778460c.jpeg

Creepy stalker Martin Hardie is still being called a “legend” on the Dunfermline official website.

That doesn't look like it's been updated for about 10 years tbf. 

Apparently he climbed up a drainpipe to spy on his ex. Fucking hell 😂

Setting aside the bamming up of Grant which is all in good fun, I googled that Hardie case just to remind myself of the details and it is exceptionally grim. 

I had it in my head that the drainpipe thing was after an argument or something and he was trying to get back into his own house, but it was part of a sustained campaign against the poor woman. Just based on what was reported, he was lucky to escape the jail. 

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

That doesn't look like it's been updated for about 10 years tbf. 

Apparently he climbed up a drainpipe to spy on his ex. Fucking hell 😂

I'm not sure what his sentence was for it but it's pretty fucking deranged, he must've been about 40 aswell. 

We'll probably still have Mcguire and Harper in there aswell, and I'm sure we signed them, or had them during there convictions. 

The increased scrutiny, and uproar is better than the nothingness that seemed to accompany player offences against women from even a decade or so ago, the likes of Adam Strachan seemed to bounce around for a while despite being absolute wrong un's. 

Could just wash the words “We stand with Goodwillie” from the ones flown at Starks last weekend. Really doesn’t get much lower than that. Standing beside a fucking rapist. 
"Flown"? Can you fly a bedsheet?

If you mean the one briefly unfurled at the back of the stand by one of the young team before he was shouted down by his own mates (and a good many others) and it being put away as quickly as it appeared, then I can absolutely confirm it didn't fly anywhere. A silly laddie whose mates sorted him out does not an entire support make.