The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

What about big Jim and his denial? Wind your neck in twat.

I don't give a shit about the rubbish you post on here , but at least have the decency not to have a user name related to a former manager who would be disgusted to have anything to do with you.

Just now, Geordie_Munrover said:

was speaking to Lewis Stevenson today. He was telling me we’ve signed a young left back on loan from Hibs… can’t remember his name though. Obv not been announced yet 

Ooyah boy, Frank's going to go tits...

On 08/01/2022 at 15:05, Against The Machine said:

I see there's talk that Sean Mackie is free to leave Hibs. I know we're not restricted to just signing former players, but he looks like the kind of big, physical full back that would do well in this kind of system. 

👀👀👀

3 minutes ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

was speaking to Lewis Stevenson today. He was telling me we’ve signed a young left back on loan from Hibs… can’t remember his name though. Obv not been announced yet 

Men's Development Squad - Hibernian FC

I think McGlynn will go at the end of the season. It's clearly been a huge misjudgement to say the least and no matter what happens next it'll clearly leave a big mark on what can only be described as a stellar legacy with the club. Twice we've been in the doldrums and twice he's dragged us out by the scruff of the neck. The whole incident is hugely disappointing, and it's clear he knows that. 

As mentioned on the k107 twitter spaces, I think a more important question just now is how do we change the structure at the club. It's all well and good to say "McGlynn out. Sim out. Sim's crony's out" but then what are we left with? Any structural changes will likely take months if not years. For now, I'll happily get behind the team at the Partick game. 

I don't believe that any of the people involved are bad people.  I think there were multiple failures in the system we have which culminated it us making the worst possible choice with a staggeringly bad financial outcome.  There needed to be more people in that boardroom pushing back on Sim. More folk saying "how will this be perceived in the community and by sponsors?". 

I think the question needs asked about why we need a CEO in a club of our size? Especially if they're seemingly going to mislead sponsors. While it was never going to be perfect, I appreciate McGlynn at least making the effort to talk about the situation. I'm glad it wasn't just "statement and no questions" but rather that he'd take questions over the topic. It's a hell of a lot more welcome than our directors who we'll hear from once a week, which is when we go live on facebook for the Super Lotto draw. 

2 hours ago, Frank conner said:

No but she it taking the piss!

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

But she is a woman! Woman don't make bad decisions so we must have more woman on the board!

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

It's called the truth! Don't like it uh?

Painful divorce eh?

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Because it's not more important what he's done off the park, this is all about his ability as a football manager. 

His comments today were absolutely shit, he's admitted he had a major hand in the signing which makes the mental gymnastics over the past few days to try place all the blame on the signing on Sim look a bit ridiculous. His talk of having a wife and daughter so he understands just make him look more ridiculous, because despite that, despite the public outcry by the Raith fans he still chased Goodwillie, a rapist. 

Raith will quite rightly get a shed load of stick, and hopefully miss out on sponsorship while they continue to laud a rape apologist. 

Oh f**k off ya townie c**t 

1 hour ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Ravey Davey is Franks alter ego. All depends on which side of the rock they crawl from under.

2 twats, same sad individual.

You're the one that attacked me matey. Come and introduce yourself at the next home game big man 😉

Of course, this will never be forgotten about, and for me there’s a lot more questions to be answered from the BoD.

After hearing McGlynn & Benys interview it does give us a wee bit, but not much of a clearer vision as to how this all gradually spired out of control. Yes ok, McGlynn approached the board but as you can hear him explain him nor the board did not anticipate this reaction. 

Back in dec when these rumours had been circulating, and emails has been sent from fans/sponsors etc. These emails were not reaching McGlynn &managment which I can understand, if they were, I don’t think we would even be talking about this subject right now.  

Surely our fans can see after being here how many years, he wants the best for the club as he always has. 

As for apologising to said victim, I obviously completely understand. I feel he certainly did firstly touch on it, but also feel he couldn’t direct or name for legal reasons etc.

4 minutes ago, Coyraith said:

Back in dec when these rumours had been circulating, and emails has been sent from fans/sponsors etc. These emails were not reaching McGlynn &managment which I can understand, if they were, I don’t think we would even be talking about this subject right now.  

Surely our fans can see after being here how many years, he wants the best for the club as he always has. 

Some amount of gymnastics to come to that conclusion like. 

John McGlynn signed a rapist. 

Talk of McGlynn leaving or not at end of season?

For me it comes down to the football, if it weren’t for events of last couple of weeks then our form in last 10 games or so would be getting seriously questioned and scrutinised far more than it is.

’If’ he can get us performing again, winning games and us having a decent fist at playoffs then I’ve no real issues with him still being here next season, if we plod on as we currently are then he would have to go, we have been regressing all season despite adding to squad.

Whatever happens, will always be held in huge regard from myself for his hard work and dedication.

Some tough reading on here tonight (cringe)

Well time to digest what was said, firstly I believe John McGlynn was honest and at least he owned his error in being involved with this decision and didn’t try to hide.  I’ve no doubt he’s sorry and deeply regrets it and at the time he genuinely thought he was doing the right thing for the club by trying to turn around the teams fortunes on the pitch. However it was a monumentally bad error that’s seriously damaged his reputation, one that he’d built over the years with everything he’s done for the club. He’s rightly been held in high regard by our fans over the years and I don’t believe he ever intended to harm our club but ultimately his error of judgement has culminated in arguably the worst decision by a board in our 139 years of history. Obviously opinions on McGlynn’s future are split and I’ll not be judging others who have to make their own mind up here, let’s try to respect each other’s opinions, going to be strong feelings all round here. 

I’ve said before my red line for returning at the moment is the announcement Goodwillie is no longer an employee of the club and I expect that’s probably the same for a few people who’ve not yet returned.  I hope our silent BOD are working hard to get this settled with Goodwillie’s representatives as it should be our biggest priority in my opinion.  Who should stay / go, board reshuffles, club restructuring etc can be debated until the cows come home after he’s gone.

Can we stop with the “just get back behind the team” as obviously there’s still lots of fans who don’t feel they can return just yet for various reasons and vice versa lets not criticize those who just want to go and support the team.  No one is more or less a supporter than anyone else and certainly no one wants the club to die.  None of this was caused by supporters so let’s try to respect each other’s views whether we agree or not, there’s a lot of anger and everyone’s opinions on this differ vastly. 

Hopefully we’re back to discussing football sometime soon. 

McGlynn isn't sorry, you can see that he's struggling - badly - to show proper empathy to the situation (all, of his own making). He's murmuring out soundbites while trying to look apologetic but he's clearly sat thinking "Oh just shut up with this shite, it's done now." 

3 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I think McGlynn will go at the end of the season. It's clearly been a huge misjudgement to say the least and no matter what happens next it'll clearly leave a big mark on what can only be described as a stellar legacy with the club. Twice we've been in the doldrums and twice he's dragged us out by the scruff of the neck. The whole incident is hugely disappointing, and it's clear he knows that. 

As mentioned on the k107 twitter spaces, I think a more important question just now is how do we change the structure at the club. It's all well and good to say "McGlynn out. Sim out. Sim's crony's out" but then what are we left with? Any structural changes will likely take months if not years. For now, I'll happily get behind the team at the Partick game. 

I don't believe that any of the people involved are bad people.  I think there were multiple failures in the system we have which culminated it us making the worst possible choice with a staggeringly bad financial outcome.  There needed to be more people in that boardroom pushing back on Sim. More folk saying "how will this be perceived in the community and by sponsors?". 

I think the question needs asked about why we need a CEO in a club of our size? Especially if they're seemingly going to mislead sponsors. While it was never going to be perfect, I appreciate McGlynn at least making the effort to talk about the situation. I'm glad it wasn't just "statement and no questions" but rather that he'd take questions over the topic. It's a hell of a lot more welcome than our directors who we'll hear from once a week, which is when we go live on facebook for the Super Lotto draw. 

I concur, and think it’s the right way forward. JMcG grew up in an era of boys will be boys, and it’s clear from his part in this that he hadn’t fully come around to a more modern view, and now it’s too late. As such, he isn’t the man to lead our team forward, much as the remaining Directors are from similar backgrounds, and lack a clear understanding of the changes in society with regard to sexual violence, harassment and such…they need to move out too. It won’t be immediate or fast enough for some, but it must happen.

I spent 33 years in a workplace that started as a boys club, and by the end was very progressive and appropriate. The women that worked there in the first years were “one of the boys” to survive, that was wrong! Now they are equal and treated to a workplace that values contributions, not gender or appearance. I suspect our erstwhile CEO came up in a boys club environment, and lacks a proper understanding of the changes that have occurred in more recent times.

Fitba has been a refuge for caveman types for a long time, that period seems to be ending.

7 hours ago, Geordie_Munrover said:

Never mind his position, has he got a clean criminal record?