The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

You're probably right but David Martindale was found guilty and convicted at a criminal court and also was found to have links with OCGs

I appreciate there's a lot going on in this thread at the moment but I can't believe no one called out Superintendent Hastings here.

On 27/07/2017 at 17:45, SuperHans said:

Hi everyone, it has been brought to my attention that my 14 year old son Martin has been using this football forum under this alias. Recently his moods have changed drastically and his mother and I have found out that it has been because of the astonishing criticism he has faced. While he was originally "having a laugh" on this forum, we have found that he felt it was important to stick to his guns and stand up for what he feels. As parents we are obviously concerned for his wellbeing and have warned him of the dangers of using these forums over the internet. However, reading back, a lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves for the way you shot down someone who had a difference of opinion. He did see himself as a Raith Rovers supporter, but now feels let down by the people he thought were fellow fans. In particular, RW and Bambino, i hope you don't believe everything people write to you over the Internet. Maybe you also need some growing up as does my teenage son. Hopefully Martins learnt a lesson from this but as "ambassadors" of your football club, a lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves for not listening or acknowledging another's opinion. Not everyone has to agree with what you say. You won't be hearing from SuperHans again but I will say well done to my son for sticking to his guns.

Any excuse...

9 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
25 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
It's not difficult to understand Millwall are the most hated club in England with a terrible reputation but business are quite happy to associate with them and for a London club they're not that big tbh.
Some folk aren't too fickle when it comes down to getting involved with an organisation that's a  it tainted just like you working for the BBC for example emoji6.png 

Jesuschristalmighty. Not for the first time you've lost the b*****d plot. Get away to your bed.

I've lost the plot 😆 some of the knicker wetting coming from the usual suspects it just incredible.

Val's constructive plan was to not sign a rapist in the first place.
I'm pretty sure if you'd offered a chance to end the transfer window without signing it and retaining all our sponsors and volunteers, we'd have taken it (aside from a few disgruntled folk on twitter).
Or spent the same wage on a 4 month punt of Griffiths?

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A portacabin that isn't a big as we thought it would be and floodlights that failed on national TV....

It looks as though we are fans are going to need to put the squeeze on Sim and the board because they clearly don't seem to be in a rush to clean up the mess they've caused and someone copying and pasting an email really doesn't cut it.

Total boycott of season ticket purchases would send a strong message... 

So, just so I'm clear... Some of the reasons that there should be a total boycott of season ticket sales is because a local power grid failure caused our floodlights to go out and because the owner invested his own money in a portacabin that isn't as big as you thought it would be. 

You're being sarcastic though, right? 

I'm sure he realises he has made a mistake in the signing. Why bother with the portacabin. It can hold between 30 and 40 people seated and 60 standing.  If each one of those seated spend £50 for matchday hospitality then we've generated money for the club. If 60 folk turn up after the game and spend a tenner again money raised. Put that with mums and dad's who can by a coffee etc during the week or on weekend mornings we then generate more money than we dis without it. His only option would have been to build something which would cost far more than 150k.
That's a lot of years of hospitality with only 30 folk in it. Must be a bloody good coffee shop also.

Funnily enough Clyde still have sponsors even Britain's favourite community club Millwall have no problem getting sponsored calm doon ffs.
The funny thing is Clyde are sponsored by NL leisure. A government run organisation. Not a fucking peep about that from Wee Sturgeon was there.

12 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
2 hours ago, raith1974 said:
I'm sure he realises he has made a mistake in the signing. Why bother with the portacabin. It can hold between 30 and 40 people seated and 60 standing.  If each one of those seated spend £50 for matchday hospitality then we've generated money for the club. If 60 folk turn up after the game and spend a tenner again money raised. Put that with mums and dad's who can by a coffee etc during the week or on weekend mornings we then generate more money than we dis without it. His only option would have been to build something which would cost far more than 150k.

That's a lot of years of hospitality with only 30 folk in it. Must be a bloody good coffee shop also.

When you raise nothing from the ground anything is then a plus. Remember this wasn't funded by Raith Rovers it was funded by John Sim. Zero outlay from the club with money albeit small amounts daily coming into the club. It also enhances the facilities available to people using the ground during the week. 

"This man is a rapist, that is a bad thing." 

"But Clyde Football Club are sponsored by a leisure company owned by the local council." 

"Oh my! That is a very relevant fact that definitely directly relates to the matter at hand! I retract my previous statement." 

"Thank you, First Minister. I am not a crackpot." 

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

There was a vote. They voted to fund the signing. They could have voted no and saved us from this moronic act of self harm.  They didn’t. 

Hear me out. 

John McGlynn shouldn't have recommended signing a rapist?