The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

My non attendance, withdrawal of contribution to players fund, purchase of lottery and possible non renewal of mine and kids season tickets isnt a boycott. I'm simply not blindly contributing to the wages of an unrepentant rapist.

I'm waiting on the details of how we are dealing with the contract before I consider contributing to the club.

I am starting to doubt the club are going to disclose any further detail about this. 

It's now a week since the double down statement and 5 days since the U turn statement and there's nothing but radio silence while the website and social media output is seemingly redundant. 

I suspected that might be the case. It's very understandable, in a way. When you've got a workforce that turns up for free and seems to know what it's doing, why intervene?
But it's not a responsible business model. As we've seen all too clearly this week, it leaves you very vulnerable to all your volunteers just not showing up one day (although, in fairness, that risk can largely be mitigated by not acting like utter c***s). More importantly, though, it's not very community minded, and it's not very professional. 
More than one person on this thread has, perfectly validly, offered their opinion that a CEO isn't required at this level. On that point, I disagree. The club needs more permanent employees whose job is to make sure the club runs properly, not fewer. 
If you've got £200,000 to spend over the next three years, rather than prioritising another striker, maybe look at creating actual jobs for the people who are running your club for you. I'm not talking about big salaries, but to take the RaithTV guys as an example, they're putting out a professional quality product, that generates revenue. Put them on part-time (or zero hour or whatever, I'm no expert here) contracts to at least cover the time they're putting in with the living wage. 
At the last set of club accounts, Raith Rovers had 36 employees. Take the players, coaches and other first team staff away from that and there must be about ten people actually paid to run Raith Rovers, from answering the phones to the duties of the Chief Exec and everything inbetween. I picked St Mirren more or less at random, thinking that they're a similar sized club to us, but one we probably aspire to be like right now. They've got 35 employees... not including players (of which they've got 42). 
Infrastructure isn't just floodlights and portacabins. It's also employees and management structure. It's supposed to be a professional football operation, not a boys club run by committee. Yes, you can get to a situation where it feels like there are too many chiefs and administrators, and yes every pound spent in the office is a pound less that's spent on the pitch, but that's how you run a football club in 2022, and how you avoid catastrophic dictatorial decisions like the one we've seen this last week. 
St Mirren are streets ahead of Raith Rovers. We are more Ayr Utd and QOS.

I’ve heard Mr Sim has started to respond to a few fans who have emailed the club/him directly. He’s apologising for his lack of judgment and admits that him living abroad means he’s out of touch with what’s going on. He’s also said that him being the chairman while being far removed from the day to day running of the club isn’t the way forward. 

Here we go with this out of country and out if touch crap.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Is Val even interested in returning? For someone who was instrumental in speaking out, and part of me thinks of it wasn’t for her and her connections, this might have been another ‘Clyde scenario’ where it would’ve died down, I think she’s happy to walk away with her reputation bolstered along with her book sales.

I’d love to be wrong but I certainly don’t see her as actively vocal about trying to fix the issues. 

Read her comments 7/2/2022 in The Courier. You’re wrong.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

In all my time seing this thread I don't think I've ever seen four directors given the credit for when Raith sign a player. 

There was a vote. They voted to fund the signing. They could have voted no and saved us from this moronic act of self harm.  They didn’t. 

Edited by roverthemoon

7 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think getting tore into a portacabin because it might not be profitable enough is the least of our concerns. 

Very true. It just seems like another example of bad decision making. 

Agree there are more pressing issues so won't mention it any further. 

9 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
8 hours ago, Against The Machine said:
I suspected that might be the case. It's very understandable, in a way. When you've got a workforce that turns up for free and seems to know what it's doing, why intervene?
But it's not a responsible business model. As we've seen all too clearly this week, it leaves you very vulnerable to all your volunteers just not showing up one day (although, in fairness, that risk can largely be mitigated by not acting like utter c***s). More importantly, though, it's not very community minded, and it's not very professional. 
More than one person on this thread has, perfectly validly, offered their opinion that a CEO isn't required at this level. On that point, I disagree. The club needs more permanent employees whose job is to make sure the club runs properly, not fewer. 
If you've got £200,000 to spend over the next three years, rather than prioritising another striker, maybe look at creating actual jobs for the people who are running your club for you. I'm not talking about big salaries, but to take the RaithTV guys as an example, they're putting out a professional quality product, that generates revenue. Put them on part-time (or zero hour or whatever, I'm no expert here) contracts to at least cover the time they're putting in with the living wage. 
At the last set of club accounts, Raith Rovers had 36 employees. Take the players, coaches and other first team staff away from that and there must be about ten people actually paid to run Raith Rovers, from answering the phones to the duties of the Chief Exec and everything inbetween. I picked St Mirren more or less at random, thinking that they're a similar sized club to us, but one we probably aspire to be like right now. They've got 35 employees... not including players (of which they've got 42). 
Infrastructure isn't just floodlights and portacabins. It's also employees and management structure. It's supposed to be a professional football operation, not a boys club run by committee. Yes, you can get to a situation where it feels like there are too many chiefs and administrators, and yes every pound spent in the office is a pound less that's spent on the pitch, but that's how you run a football club in 2022, and how you avoid catastrophic dictatorial decisions like the one we've seen this last week. 

St Mirren are streets ahead of Raith Rovers. We are more Ayr Utd and QOS.

Yeah, that's pretty much my point. 

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

We will find another sponsor!

Cool, I’ve no idea what your original point was about right enough. Let’s take a look at it in more depth though. 

Are you suggesting that Clyde have sponsors so we should be fine?

Okay, but they probably don’t have sponsors that put their hands in their pockets as much as Val McDermid and Tag Games, so right away we’ve caused ourselves some serious self harm. 

Your next point seemed to be about Millwall, an interesting club to cling to, and as you said they still have sponsors, which I appreciate, but they also have an average home attendance of around 13,000, so I’m struggling to see how that relates to our specific set of circumstances. 

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Val still a Director of NRR Ltd and as such is still part of the club

She is, but NRR Ltd has such a small share in the club (I don't have the exact figures to hand), and obviously does no other business, that it's effectively meaningless. Certainly it doesn't give her (or the other directors of NRR Ltd) any kind of say in decision making. 

3 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

She is, but NRR Ltd has such a small share in the club (I don't have the exact figures to hand), and obviously does no other business, that it's effectively meaningless. Certainly it doesn't give her (or the other directors of NRR Ltd) any kind of say in decision making. 

The supporters groups investment in NRR guaranteed us a fan rep on the board. Sim’s takeover made NRR effectively of no consequence. So the fan director could be binned at his whim. The takeover put all the power in one persons hands with no checks or balances. We are now reaping the consequence of that. 

Edited by roverthemoon

8 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Cool, I’ve no idea what your original point was about right enough. Let’s take a look at it in more depth though. 

Are you suggesting that Clyde have sponsors so we should be fine?

Okay, but they probably don’t have sponsors that put their hands in their pockets as much as Val McDermid and Tag Games, so right away we’ve caused ourselves some serious self harm. 

Your next point seemed to be about Millwall, an interesting club to cling to, and as you said they still have sponsors, which I appreciate, but they also have an average home attendance of around 13,000, so I’m struggling to see how that relates to our specific set of circumstances. 

Tbf Millwall are more popular than that show of yours. You have absolutely no idea what potential sponsors we could get and who's to say Sim won't make up any shortfall.

Jesus!

Folks arguing about Portakabins and Floodlight failures (they didn't BTW as they were restored after 5 mins) like that's an issue.

Talk about losing sight of the pig picture, meanwhile the BoD are like Nero, all sitting with their fingers up their arses while Rome is burning all about them.