The New Raith Rovers Thread

Total boycott of season ticket purchases would send a strong message... 

It certainly would. The message being, we want to make things worse around here so instead of getting a vital cash injection when there's no other income, we're keeping our money and hoping that the fairies save the club.

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A portacabin that isn't a big as we thought it would be and floodlights that failed on national TV....

It looks as though we are fans are going to need to put the squeeze on Sim and the board because they clearly don't seem to be in a rush to clean up the mess they've caused and someone copying and pasting an email really doesn't cut it.

Total boycott of season ticket purchases would send a 

Won't happen simple as that!

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A portacabin that isn't a big as we thought it would be and floodlights that failed on national TV....

It looks as though we are fans are going to need to put the squeeze on Sim and the board because they clearly don't seem to be in a rush to clean up the mess they've caused and someone copying and pasting an email really doesn't cut it.

Go on the boycott season ticket purchases, come September once we've sold half the first team you will have no club to support. Floodlights fail I've seen it many times on the TV let's not forget Sim paid for the new floodlights which allows the astro pitch he purchased to be used every night within the community.  The portacabin he purchased is the biggest you can buy and any money raised on match day or through the week will go into the club not his pocket.

Remember before Sim came along there was no community club and no money generated through the week other than home games. 

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

It certainly would. The message being, we want to make things worse around here so instead of getting a vital cash injection when there's no other income, we're keeping our money and hoping that the fairies save the club.

Like I said if your no happy f**k off!

17 minutes ago, Nairney said:

Can you explain why you feel it should fall to her to attempt to fix the issues that led to her walking away?

She’s made it very clear what she felt the issues were. These issues were caused by the actions of people employed by the club and 4 of the board members. It’s unclear to me why she should need to be responsible for saying what should be done to fix things. That kind of change / action can only come from within the club.

Change can’t come from within the club without others being able and willing to step in. The whole board can’t walk away and leave no one funding and running the club. A few folk don’t seem to realise this.

Val is someone who has both the finances and the experience needed to help run the club. She’s made plenty of comments about how she loves the club, but is she going to be proactive in trying to turn it around? The same could be said of Gordon Brown. Has money, contacts and very good business sense.

These people have no obligation to help, but I find their supposed love of the club rather questionable when we are struggling and they are sitting on the sidelines watching.

4 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Change can’t come from within the club without others being able and willing to step in. The whole board can’t walk away and leave no one funding and running the club. A few folk don’t seem to realise this.

Val is someone who has both the finances and the experience needed to help run the club. She’s made plenty of comments about how she loves the club, but is she going to be proactive in trying to turn it around? The same could be said of Gordon Brown. Has money, contacts and very good business sense.

These people have no obligation to help, but I find their supposed love of the club rather questionable when we are struggling and they are sitting on the sidelines watching.

Val has stated why she wont be back, DG is still on the books.

Ask the same question when this has been resolved.

10 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Go on the boycott season ticket purchases, come September once we've sold half the first team you will have no club to support. Floodlights fail I've seen it many times on the TV let's not forget Sim paid for the new floodlights which allows the astro pitch he purchased to be used every night within the community.  The portacabin he purchased is the biggest you can buy and any money raised on match day or through the week will go into the club not his pocket.

Remember before Sim came along there was no community club and no money generated through the week other than home games. 

Yes but its apparently still not big enough, so why bother at all? 

The guy is making mistakes costing the club six figure sums and setting us back years but there are people on here giving it "he made a mistake, move on" as if all he's done is burnt some toast. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

18 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Nobody has said that she hasn't put money in to the club but she isn't coming forward with any constructive plans to make change just get them out. If she feels that strongly then buy the club I'm sure she can afford it. What she is doing just now using her status is helping to destroy the club. 

Val's constructive plan was to not sign a rapist in the first place.

I'm pretty sure if you'd offered a chance to end the transfer window without signing it and retaining all our sponsors and volunteers, we'd have taken it (aside from a few disgruntled folk on twitter).

13 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

If only we hadn't just burnt £200k....

I'm sorry but it's not up to us to fund the shortfall caused by incompetence from those charged with running the club. 

28 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

How many folk would want her back she puts far more money into the SNP than she does the rovers not to mention making a bad situation worse by pulling in favours from the FM. 

Just now, Frank conner said:

How many folk would want her back she puts far more money into the SNP than she does the rovers not to mention making a bad situation worse by pulling in favours from the FM. 

Tell me you're staunch, without telling me you're staunch. 

Union jacks in the bio. The lot. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If only we hadn't just burnt £200k....

I'm sorry but it's not up to us to fund the shortfall caused by incompetence from those charged with running the club. 

You mean the folk that have kept the club going by putting in a seven figure sum?

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yes but its apparently still not big enough, so why bother at all? 

The guy is making mistakes costing the club six figure sums and setting us back years but there are people on here giving it "he made a mistake, move on" as if all he's done is burnt some toast. 

I'm sure he realises he has made a mistake in the signing. Why bother with the portacabin. It can hold between 30 and 40 people seated and 60 standing.  If each one of those seated spend £50 for matchday hospitality then we've generated money for the club. If 60 folk turn up after the game and spend a tenner again money raised. Put that with mums and dad's who can by a coffee etc during the week or on weekend mornings we then generate more money than we dis without it. His only option would have been to build something which would cost far more than 150k.

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm sure he realises he has made a mistake in the signing. Why bother with the portacabin. It can hold between 30 and 40 people seated and 60 standing.  If each one of those seated spend £50 for matchday hospitality then we've generated money for the club. If 60 folk turn up after the game and spend a tenner again money raised. Put that with mums and dad's who can by a coffee etc during the week or on weekend mornings we then generate more money than we dis without it. His only option would have been to build something which would cost far more than 150k.

Unfortunately we are now so toxic nobody is going to come near it. 

My non attendance, withdrawal of contribution to players fund, purchase of lottery and possible non renewal of mine and kids season tickets isnt a boycott. I'm simply not blindly contributing to the wages of an unrepentant rapist.

I'm waiting on the details of how we are dealing with the contract before I consider contributing to the club.

It does have toilets and a kitchen area. I've been in it so can confirm. The problem is the titan is the biggest portacabin you get but with toilets and kitchen facilities it doesn't leave a lot of room for punters. 
Do we actually need it now we have no community teams? If they do build similar why not incorporate it into the stand and use the toilets and catering facilities already available. Or is that just a stupid idea. [emoji848].

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:
9 hours ago, raith1974 said:
It does have toilets and a kitchen area. I've been in it so can confirm. The problem is the titan is the biggest portacabin you get but with toilets and kitchen facilities it doesn't leave a lot of room for punters. 

Do we actually need it now we have no community teams?

Plenty folk still use the pitch at night and at the weekend.