The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Sounds as though we've bought it pretty much for the sake of it then.

It's been bought to bring in revenue. Raith Rovers did not buy it, my understanding is John Sim purchased it and has big plans for the away end and railway stand which is will fund. The Titan will be used for hospitality on match days but can also be used for parents when kids are training during the week. 

It appears that some fans on here just want everyone gone. Yes it was a bad decision and I'm sure they all realise that now but let's get behind the team and provide support otherwise there will be no Raith Rovers. If Val McDermid wants change then why doesn't she along with some friends/associates buy the club from Sim. Merely calling for them to leave will ruin the club and all the great work that has been done in the past few years. 

Edited by raith1974
Spelling

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

It's been bought to bring in revenue. Raith Rovers did not buy it, my understanding is John Sim purchased it and has big plans for the home end and railway stand which is will fund. The Titan will be used for hospitality on match days but can also be used for parents when kids are training during the week. 

It appears that some fans on here just want everyone gone. Yes it was a bad decision and I'm sure they all realise that now but let's get behind the team and provide support otherwise there will be no Raith Rovers. If Val McDermid wants change then why doesn't she along with some friends/associates buy the club from Sim. Merely calling for them to leave will ruin the club and all the great work that has been done in the past few years. 

Yep, the cause of all this is gone, wont play or darken the doors of Starks Park again, albeit he may be on the payroll for a while, the protesters won the day, so lets try and bring supporters back together and let harmony descend on the club once more 

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

I’ve heard Mr Sim has started to respond to a few fans who have emailed the club/him directly. He’s apologising for his lack of judgment and admits that him living abroad means he’s out of touch with what’s going on. He’s also said that him being the chairman while being far removed from the day to day running of the club isn’t the way forward. 

I'm interested to see if he responds to mine. I'd imagine I'll be pretty far down the list given I contacted him when I was sitting at home during the Queen of the South Game. 

I’ve heard Mr Sim has started to respond to a few fans who have emailed the club/him directly. He’s apologising for his lack of judgment and admits that him living abroad means he’s out of touch with what’s going on. He’s also said that him being the chairman while being far removed from the day to day running of the club isn’t the way forward. 

Maybe he could put that into a longer form statement and release it. 

25 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Yeah Sinton was his man, but he maybe needed someone who would be on the ground so to speak with the everyday running and other tasks, as for club a Sectertary I haven't got Scooby

How times have changed

I have a "school boy" season ticket for 63/64   10/- or 50p

Signed (printed really)

D Cowie

Secretary and Manager

Doug Cowie of Dundee and Scotland fame died recently but for some reason no mention in programme or web site

3 minutes ago, Bandohope said:

How times have changed

I have a "school boy" season ticket for 63/64   10/- or 50p

Signed (printed really)

D Cowie

Secretary and Manager

Doug Cowie of Dundee and Scotland fame died recently but for some reason no mention in programme or web site

Wow, and thats a shame that its nit been recognised, mind you theres probably no-one at the club to put it on the web site

Has he acknowledged the hurt this has caused to Denise Clair and other victims in these emails do you know?

53 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

It's been bought to bring in revenue. Raith Rovers did not buy it, my understanding is John Sim purchased it and has big plans for the away end and railway stand which is will fund. The Titan will be used for hospitality on match days but can also be used for parents when kids are training during the week. 

If it's not very big it's not going to bring in much revenue. Plus, after last week I doubt folk are going to be queuing up to use it. 

The guy has basically broken the club and doesn't seem to give two hoots.

Folk go on about what would happen if he leaves? What will happen if he stays is just as big a worry. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

If it's not very big it's not going to bring in much revenue. Plus, after last week I doubt folk are going to be queuing up to use it. 

The guy has basically broken the club and doesn't seem to give two hoots.

Folk go on about what would happen if he leaves? What will happen if he stays is just as big a worry. 

So who exactly is going to buy him out? If you think Val is going to do your sadly mistaken there's plenty of folk who wouldn't even want her back .

Folk are really needing to get a grip far to much hysteria as it stands we need Sim to keep the club alive and quite frankly if folk are really that upset by recent events then just don't come back.

2 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

So who exactly is going to buy him out? If you think Val is going to do your sadly mistaken there's plenty of folk who wouldn't even want her back .

Folk are really needing to get a grip far to much hysteria as it stands we need Sim Raith Against the Machine to keep the club alive and quite frankly if folk are really that upset by recent events then just don't come back.

FTFY

5 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

At least if he stays we've still got a club of sorts, if he leaves he may well take the club with him

This is straying dangerously close to the Glasgow gangsters threat to build flats at Stark's Park.  He is many things, but the one thing I don't doubt is that he is a Rovers fan. There is no way he wants his legacy to be the man that closed down Raith Rovers.

Besides, what is he going to do with a license to play in Scottish Football, a first team squad and a handful of employees in Thailand?

12 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

This is straying dangerously close to the Glasgow gangsters threat to build flats at Stark's Park.  He is many things, but the one thing I don't doubt is that he is a Rovers fan. There is no way he wants his legacy to be the man that closed down Raith Rovers.

Besides, what is he going to do with a license to play in Scottish Football, a first team squad and a handful of employees in Thailand?

That maybe so, just pointing out potential consequences, I'm certain with his other involvements in the town he would not wish that to be his legacy, but at the end if the day it's his baw and he can do pretty much what he likes with it, unless theres someone else  with very deep pockets

Edited by SirJimmyofNic