The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thats shocking and disgrace.ul from the board.

How badly out of touch with your fans, local community and society can you get.

It's a pathetic shrugging off any responsibility for making a dreadfully bad decision in signing him attitude from the board.

Looks like they don't care about mending relationships with fans or the local community at all.

The comment about them suffering a Boris like guilt about nothing but being caught wrong doing and not the act itself seems very true.

It's a good kind of speculation anyway, because continuing silence only leaves us to assume that this  is the sentiment amongst them - better that it's very clear to them that this is what they're saying by saying nothing.  

For a good few hundred fans, they'll be proved right - changing habits will be too hard.  But not everybody.

5 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

I would go out of my way to check the weather if someone on Fannytalk told us it was snowing in KDY.

Agreed. 

However...if the club continues the silence, then all sorts of speculation is going to be broadcast by any number of apparent ITKs. 

After this week, it comes as no surprise that the board expect this to go away and think the apology and backtracking on Thursday will do. Maybe naive, but i doubt it is being “laughed off” but there will probably be a stubbornness in the board room that they will try and ride it out.

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Who does she think she is, football owes her nothing, and she has nothing whatsoever to do with football. Are we to suppose that if Goodwillie had been a plumber or sparky everyone connected to those trades, or had even hired them should look in the mirror? GTF

You really are a scummy w****r. 

I don't want to make the Frank conner mistake of assuming that someone has a level of insight just because they can write in full sentences, but if true that's worrying in the extreme. 

You'd think that with them being the lead item on the News at Six and on the front page of every paper in the country, there's no way they can possibly think this is going to blow over, but these are the same people who thought signing Goodwillie would be a grand idea, so anything's possible. 

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

You don't get to dodge your contradiction that easily. You declared you've washed your hands of the club but here you are on the Raith Rovers thread.

hahaha, you're not very bright are you? Least of your problems, mind you.

1 hour ago, Tiger Driver said:

How did they get on Yoss?

Lost 4-0. Second best all game, but a couple of late goals made the score look worse.

Decent turnout, though it was a biting cold wind and the crowd thinned out quite a bit second half.

4 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Thats if anyone at the club has the balls to stand up and be interviewed of course

I'm sure it's in the rules that someone is presented for post match interview.

ETA, it would be a terrible look if the first interview from McGlynn was a contractually obligated interview rather than setting out his bizzare thought process and issuing a groveling apology.

Edited by 101

2 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Thats shocking and disgrace.ul from the board.

How badly out of touch with your fans, local community and society can you get.

It's a pathetic shrugging off any responsibility for making a dreadfully bad decision in signing him attitude from the board.

Looks like they don't care about mending relationships with fans or the local community at all.

The comment about them suffering a Boris like guilt about nothing but being caught wrong doing and not the act itself seems very true.

I think it shows the state of the country if you think that is gospel with absolutely no evidence shows what a hole farce the whole thing is.

42 minutes ago, Yoss said:

hahaha, you're not very bright are you? Least of your problems, mind you.

Lost 4-0. Second best all game, but a couple of late goals made the score look worse.

Decent turnout, though it was a biting cold wind and the crowd thinned out quite a bit second half.

"Yoss is the closest thing that Rovers have to Jesus. Before I post I always think 'what would Yoss do?'"

Will you now correct that to

"Yoss is the closest thing that Rovers have to Judas. Before I post I always think 'what would Yoss do?'"

I've listened to the Bill Clark interview and I don't feel it revealed much.

Essentially, John McGlynn and/or Paul Smith flagged to the board in December that Goodwillie could be available to buy. For whatever reason, while there may have been discussions internally and/or with Clyde, nothing happened initially. But surely you can't tell me when Clyde contacted McGlynn/Karen Macartney/John Sim last weekend to try and re-start discussions that McGlynn didn't back the signing or had no knowledge of it?

My overall impression is that Clark was detached from other members of the board/Sim. Clark claims to have no knowledge of the transfer since it was a "dead duck" in December and then suddenly he's called on Monday morning to vote on it. I feel like we'd only get the full story from McGlynn/Smith, Macartney or Sim.

I understand why Clark might be inclined to protect McGlynn.  He was chairman when the decision was made to bring John back to the club and perhaps wants to deflect the focus off him. Maybe I'm being cynical, but that's how it came across to me.

At the end of the day, if it wasn't for Goodwillie's tight hamstring on Tuesday night, a man ruled as a rapist in Scotland's supreme civil court, would have played for Raith Rovers and to me - that makes McGlynn and Smith's positions untenable.

Same applies to all board members who voted for the transfer. I appreciate some of them have to stay until we get new members in, but they do need to leave at the earliest opportunity.

I'm willing to listen to McGlynn's account of events, but I'd be surprised if my opinion changes. 

7 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
8 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:
And if he is being overruled from above and is taking the rap for something he shouldn't have been apartheid to then it shows what a spineless manager he is.

Good grief..... Is Sim doubling down by imposing a racist regime at Starks.?

Oh dear! My bad! Typo gone mad!