The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

What irks me most about this season so far is the amount of money wasted on, not just this catastophic signing, but also the signing of Keatings a player known to have spent more time on the treatment table than on the pitch for ICT, for the first time in decades we've had two games in one season against one of the biggest clubs in the country which could have realised around £500k added to the transfer fee's for Bowie and Tait, less what we have paid to sign Ross etc , even if we spent half of that amount the balance would surely have made a considerable dent in our debt, but no we piss it up against the wall in some vain attempt to get to the gravy train in just our second season out of the seaside, with a team that cant keep the back door shut.

The clubs Management and its Directors are Custodians of RRFC, that have a duty to see that its run in a fit and proper manner for the benefit of the community it has represented now for 1339 years (WILL IT MAKE IT TO 140), even if DG had no baggage was spending £60k and £1200 a week in wages prudent for a 33year old who may or may not have scored a load of goals. I personaly do not think so, I hold everyone from Management ,CEO, and the 4 Directors culpable 

Totally agree my worry is we do an East Fife or worse so far Brechin 

Denise Clair is 100% right that everyone in Scottish football need to be taking a look in the mirror over this, while the reaction to this has been fantastic with many good people doing the right thing minus a few arseholes.  We’re 5 year late in doing it. We should have all spoken out when Clyde signed him.  Obviously a lot of that falls on Clyde and the SPFL but fans of other clubs could have done more at the time to put pressure on Clyde. The transfer money should really be going to a suitable charity, Clyde shouldn’t really be profiting out this sorry mess and I’ll be surprised if the media don’t start to highlight that. 

It’s depressing seeing the pond life on social media actually attacking Denis Clair, I’ve even seen abuse directed at Martin Glass for setting up the fundraiser there truly are some disgusting people out there 😢 

6 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm interested to see how long the club continue to withdraw from media commitments with a televised cup tie with Celtic coming up in a week. 

This is a really good point, the matter could have been explained in the local press instead it's likely still to be the number one topic when being interviewed live on national TV.

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

This is a really good point, the matter could have been explained in the local press instead it's likely still to be the number one topic when being interviewed live on national TV.

Thats if anyone at the club has the balls to stand up and be interviewed of course

8 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Considering the history with Jim Torbett if they do you wouldn’t mark their necks with a blowtorch.  

I raised that earlier and reception appeared to be it was out of order

11 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Considering the history with Jim Torbett if they do you wouldn’t mark their necks with a blowtorch.  

What's that got to do with anything? 

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

What's that got to do with anything? 

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. It’s a bit hypocritical to try and occupy the moral high ground over our boards terrible decision when your own board historically has some pretty big skeletons in the closet. Celtic fans should rightly be appalled by our decision to sign him but you and I both know any banner about it would be pretty inappropriate. 

53 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Who does she think she is, football owes her nothing, and she has nothing whatsoever to do with football. Are we to suppose that if Goodwillie had been a plumber or sparky everyone connected to those trades, or had even hired them should look in the mirror? GTF

This is the worst post I've seen in the decade plus I've been reading this website. If you're at some sort of wind up maybe have a think about the subject matter and who you're attacking with that post. If you're being sincere then I don't know what to say to you.

We should have all spoken out when Clyde signed him.  Obviously a lot of that falls on Clyde and the SPFL but fans of other clubs could have done more at the time to put pressure on Clyde.

I've seen this a couple of times, but I'm not at all sure what the SPFL or SFA could be expected to do in this situation. It is not their role to police morals. I could understand if Goodwillie had a criminal conviction for rape, but sadly, despite having done it, he does not.