The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Something about supporting Goodwillie. Didn't see it myself but heard someone say that's what it said. Caused a bit of a furore with a woman in the row in front of me turning round and unsurprisingly doing her nut at them. 

Grim stuff. 

This is exactly why I can’t face going back to a game yet.

Goodwillie might well be away from the club but the toxicity of this whole fiasco still leaves a nasty effect behind - whatever side of the fence your opinion falls on.

Folk making banners to support him won’t have a clue what feelings they’re potentially stirring up in those round about them. They’ll think it’s a laugh or they’ll think they’re being edgy and a dangerous few might even think they’re making a moral stand. That’s the sort of attitude we can all put on ignore on social media or forums but in real life it’s not like that.

With everything else happening in the country / world right now, it can sometimes feel like we’re living in a powder keg. This is not something we need to experience whilst we sit amongst our fellow supporters, and escape for a bit, on a Saturday afternoon. 

Creating clarity on the way forward needs to be the clubs priority right now. I appreciate there will be a lot going on behind the scenes at the moment, plus a hugely reduced number of people helping out. However, in order for more people to come back and support the club, both financially and vocally, we need answers and we need a clear direction out of this mess.

2 minutes ago, Nairney said:

This is exactly why I can’t face going back to a game yet.

Goodwillie might well be away from the club but the toxicity of this whole fiasco still leaves a nasty effect behind - whatever side of the fence your opinion falls on.

Folk making banners to support him won’t have a clue what feelings they’re potentially stirring up in those round about them. They’ll think it’s a laugh or they’ll think they’re being edgy and a dangerous few might even think they’re making a moral stand. That’s the sort of attitude we can all put on ignore on social media or forums but in real life it’s not like that.

With everything else happening in the country / world right now, it can sometimes feel like we’re living in a powder keg. This is not something we need to experience whilst we sit amongst our fellow supporters, and escape for a bit, on a Saturday afternoon. 

Creating clarity on the way forward needs to be the clubs priority right now. I appreciate there will be a lot going on behind the scenes at the moment, plus a hugely reduced number of people helping out. However, in order for more people to come back and support the club, both financially and vocally, we need answers and we need a clear direction out of this mess.

Yeah I think this is the problem. The 'young team' clearly like to be seen to be edgy and this is obviously their latest move. The problem is that it's not going to go down well with most other sections of the support.

I can't get my head around Raith fans giving this man a good reception, I can't understand it. The fans of Raith quite rightly got lauded for there action in making sure that Goodwillie didn't play for there club, but amongst all that there was talk from the fans that walked that they wouldn't accept those who made the decision, staying. 

Now they're clapping a rape apologist, who's only comms about the decision was an utterly pathetic presser where he hid behind the excuse that it was a club decision, pathetic. Smearing the whole club, they can't complain at any stick, and any negative press they receive while they employ, and applaud a rape apologist. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Sounds like McGlynn is getting it fairly easy even though he must have been  involved in the decision to sign that player.  Can it be that Raith supporters are so fickle that they seem to overlook his part in this tawdry episode just because he's been a reasonably successful manager for them. 

There was still some booing of him today but the balance tipped towards being a more favourable reception than on Tuesday.

It will be a while before he'll get any applause from me. 

I would say though that the 8 match winless run we are on now isn't helping his case. 

1 minute ago, mrpaddyx said:

I'm glad I wasn't at the game with shite like that up. Someone needs to have a serious word with whomever thought that was a good idea.

The two people with the banner also got into a argument with someone else in that area, couldn’t quite catch what it was about but it certainly turned a lot of heads 

16 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I can't get my head around Raith fans giving this man a good reception, I can't understand it. The fans of Raith quite rightly got lauded for there action in making sure that Goodwillie didn't play for there club, but amongst all that there was talk from the fans that walked that they wouldn't accept those who made the decision, staying. 

Now they're clapping a rape apologist, who's only comms about the decision was an utterly pathetic presser where he hid behind the excuse that it was a club decision, pathetic. Smearing the whole club, they can't complain at any stick, and any negative press they receive while they employ, and applaud a rape apologist. 

The team came out at the same time as him my take was we were applauding the team onto the park

I know folk all want to see everything settled and all the battle lines drawn or whatever, especially those on the outside just looking for a bit of entertainment or curiosity. However there was about 500 missing from a normal crowd - obviously reserving judgment especially about the manager's status until more is known about his views a) at the time and b) since there's been a heavy prompt to revise that view and (Jesus h, please) have arrived at a better understanding.

Yes, the guy was statue material until very recently and it will be painful to have to accept he should go when the dust settles, if that turns out to be the case. 

Silence from him is only leaving us to assume the worst and he probably has til about Monday tea time to avoid that.

Edited by L. Brilliant

McGlynn and Smith came out with the players. Majority of fans were applauding the players imo. 

If McGlynn and Smith came out earlier than the players like what they always used to do, I’m certain it would have been a different story and reception.