The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

I didn’t know she was paid directly by him. It really wasn’t clear that she negotiated it, she wasn’t involved in football matters and apparently wasn’t in the board meeting so I didn’t get a clear answer of her role in this from the interview unfortunately 

I think that’s what Bill was saying - her role was muddled. She didn’t deal with football matters but was involved with finance matters, possibly such as football transfers.

8 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

First real listen to the show, unfortunately the recording is unlistenable with my tinnitus. Will read the detail here. 

The interview itself was a good example where local radio can get detail club channels can't. Been disappointed in the sensationalist aspect of the courier this week (I know its a sensational issue) but there has been some Sun like headlines. 

I'm left with some key questions I hoped would be asked. Wish the interviewer had more confidence in himself. Always asking 3 questions at once where I think he had the skill to go down the route Bill wanted to go. 

IMO, the CEO knew about this, she is the owners ears so wholly complicit. Manager should have been told to GTF if he demanded the signing. He wasn't and chaos ensued when a cabal of folk with little to no social conscience stoked the fire.

Thanks K107 I'm a bit clearer and the first meaningful blow has been thrown. 

Is the show always done over the web/folks cars? Would listen again if sound was better. 

I'm useless at posting links, but there's a 'listen again' icon on the K107 website.

interesting listening to Bill Clark. He pretty much absolved McGlynn of blame in this as he should only look at the football side not sure I agree but fair enough. Great to hear Andy Mill argued hard to put the view of the fans across as totally against this. Sounds like it was a done deal before the meeting took place by Sim + 3. Really interesting that Clyde approached us although I wonder if it was Goodwillies agent rather than the club itself.  

15 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Is the show always done over the web/folks cars? Would listen again if sound was better. 

No, sound is much better when it's not a twitter-spaces based recording.

It's normally Graeme and Stu in the studio with Angus and Blair often on as guests via zoom, but sound is usually very good.

And yes, it's definitely worth listening to every week.

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Just turned on the radio 

“People like Val McDermit Should know better”

lol wut?

If anyone recognises that fella they should really take him aside & quietly tell him he should probably refuse to speak the next time someone sticks a mic in his face because he's a fucking moron.

48 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Its all acedemic now the damage is done the money is lost, the future looks bleak, I dont know how the Football club can come back from this, unless there is a way to buy RRFC out and play somewhere else 

This is too far. The club is obviously salvageable. 

48 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

interesting listening to Bill Clark. He pretty much absolved McGlynn of blame in this as he should only look at the football side not sure I agree but fair enough. Great to hear Andy Mill argued hard to put the view of the fans across as totally against this. Sounds like it was a done deal before the meeting took place by Sim + 3. Really interesting that Clyde approached us although I wonder if it was Goodwillies agent rather than the club itself.  

McGlynn seems to breath football so much he couldn't see the wood for the trees 

Don't think the directors have that excuse

Maybe McGlynn been doing so well they just thought he gets what he wants,  again someone should have had some oversight 

Edited by Binos

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Bill Clark says Andy Mill told the other Directors what would happen and he was ignored. Bill backed him but was also ignored.

Says Clyde contacted us about signing Goodwillie. Bill says he doesn’t know who at us was contacted but that negotiations had taken place.

Could and should have been a short conversation consisting of two words “f**k off”

35 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Why does a lower league Scottish football club even need a CEO? It was the same when Drysdale was here and it's the same now - I don't see the value of it at all. 

Is Sim not in Asia? The CEO will be running everything in his absence.

Dunfermline have just appointed their first CEO to take over Ross McArthurs work now he's stepping down and no one was keen to work basically 24/7.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

Is Sim not in Asia? The CEO will be running everything in his absence.

Dunfermline have just appointed their first CEO to take over Ross McArthurs work now he's stepping down and no one was keen to work basically 24/7.

He is. But it seems this is a job that the chairman could do. Ah, wait - that would be John Sim also! 

It's a salaried position and to me a total waste of money. Expecially since the current one has cost the club about £200k. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

He is. But it seems this is a job that the chairman could do. Ah, wait - that would be John Sim also! 

It's a salaried position and to me a total waste of money. Expecially since the current one has cost the club about £200k. 

Yeh directly £200k and the need to get a shirt sponsor on board and sure up the other sponsors.

They really should cover their wages from the money they bring in but she's massively fucked it with this decision.

Margie Robertson speaking quite candidly about it.

She states that her and Andy Mill took a load of quotes from the emails they received to John Sim but he refused to rule out signing him, simply stating "Clyde would never sell him anyway".

She also believes the signing was made before the board meeting, although that's just a feeling, she's no evidence for that.