The New Raith Rovers Thread

Onto McGlynn now. Describing the process for transfers and player budget and how the club works.

He doesn’t think John and Paul have done very much wrong at all. They are purely responsible for football management. Says it’s the Board’s decision. Stresses the decision was made by the Board. Critical of club management rather than football management.

Just now, Scary Bear said:

Onto McGlynn now. Describing the process for transfers and player budget and how the club works.

He doesn’t think John and Paul have done very much wrong at all. They are purely responsible for football management. Says it’s the Board’s decision. Stresses the decision was made by the Board. Critical of club management rather than football management.

Yeah. I'd still be hoping and expecting McGlynn to say he wasn't keen on signing him. 

No doubt though that it sounds as if the remaining board members had already made up their minds to push the deal through before the board meeting. 

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm not convinced by his defence of McGlynn to be honest. 

Me neither.  Stressing that John and Paul just deal with football matters.  

Edited to add that the following are my opinions, not Bill Clarks;

But they are humans too and should be aware of the other factors off the pitch.

For example, if a player was known as being a disruptive influence in the dressing room I'd expect them to factor that into whether they wanted to sign him.  This is no different.

Edited by stevoraith

It’s a Board where it’s very difficult to contradict the views of others. I’m assuming this is a round about way of saying it’s all yes men and John Sim is in charge.

He wouldn’t expect John Sim to go as he’s the owner and has invested a lot of money.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Neither am I really, but I do think, as he clearly does, that the buck stops with the Board.

Yeah I think a key statement was when he said if the board had said “no” John and Paul would have accepted that decision. Bill, I’m sure, mentioned that in his view all John and Paul did was “advise the board of Goodwillie’s availability”. It’s clear who Bill thinks was driving the decision, but it’s his account and we really need to hear from all parties.

Not exactly a glowing endorsement of our CEO either! 

Edited by Enigma

Not really any clearer to me unfortunately. Seems like Clark exonerates McGlynn on the basis that it is the football managers job to look only at football matters and then the boards job to say ‘haud oan a minute’, not sure I agree. It seems Clyde approached the Raith board who put it to a vote, whether McGlynn was in the loop isn’t clear. 

Also, I felt like Smith must have known on the basis of his wife the CEO knowing, but she doesn’t seem to have been a CEO in the conventional sense. Not involved in football matters! I guess if Clyde put an offer to the board which they found acceptable then it might have gone straight to a vote without her being looped in?

4 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Also, I felt like Smith must have known on the basis of his wife the CEO knowing, but she doesn’t seem to have been a CEO in the conventional sense. Not involved in football matters! I guess if Clyde put an offer to the board which they found acceptable then it might have gone straight to a vote without her being looped in?

She was the negotiator in it all, and isnt she paid by John Dim and not the club 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

She was the negotiator in it all, and isnt she paid by John Dim and not the club 

I didn’t know she was paid directly by him. It really wasn’t clear that she negotiated it, she wasn’t involved in football matters and apparently wasn’t in the board meeting so I didn’t get a clear answer of her role in this from the interview unfortunately 

7 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

I didn’t know she was paid directly by him. It really wasn’t clear that she negotiated it, she wasn’t involved in football matters and apparently wasn’t in the board meeting so I didn’t get a clear answer of her role in this from the interview unfortunately 

I'm sure I heard Clark say she negotiated the deal 

First real listen to the show, unfortunately the recording is unlistenable with my tinnitus. Will read the detail here. 

The interview itself was a good example where local radio can get detail club channels can't. Been disappointed in the sensationalist aspect of the courier this week (I know its a sensational issue) but there has been some Sun like headlines. 

I'm left with some key questions I hoped would be asked. Wish the interviewer had more confidence in himself. Always asking 3 questions at once where I think he had the skill to go down the route Bill wanted to go. 

IMO, the CEO knew about this, she is the owners ears so wholly complicit. Manager should have been told to GTF if he demanded the signing. He wasn't and chaos ensued when a cabal of folk with little to no social conscience stoked the fire.

Thanks K107 I'm a bit clearer and the first meaningful blow has been thrown. 

Is the show always done over the web/folks cars? Would listen again if sound was better.