The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anyone who's waiting for the Trust to do something needs to fuckinh join it for a start. Waiting for someone else to do something and just provide a club in your image is how every club ends up in bother. The Big Man comes along and, surprise surprise, they do something crap whether it's financial, moral, football-illiterate or cultural.  It's a few quid to have your say and what other route to collective ownership would there ever be?
At the moment, there's a definite feeling that everyone is waiting for someone else to make the first move at the moment. I'm a trust member myself and they were quick to update fans.

As soon as Goodwillie was announced as being into 'purgatory' as such, there were various questions which were, and still have been, left unanswered:

Why did the board disregard feedback from the Fans Rep and SLO that they had been inundated with emails on 29th December when it was rumoured we had an interest?

Why did the CEO lie to our primary sponsor to say we had no intention of making a move? You can add in about conflict of interest given get relationship with Paul Smith.

Why did it take from Monday evening to Thursday morning for the board to come out and admit "they got it wrong" in an apology where they failed to mention the real victim in this?

There's plenty of more, but it's really sad to see (and maybe I'm naive if I say it might be advised from a legal perspective) that the club are back to complete radio silence with the management and board refusing to talk about it.

7 minutes ago, Surely No said:

The RRST are part of the Forum. This includes fans organisations such as Supporters Club, 200 Club, Jim McMillan, etc. You can be a member of one or all and have your say. Or contact Andy Mill who,in my view, is still the Supporters Director.

I hope we’ll see Andy Mill back in the role soon, hate to think we’d lose good people like Andy or Margie.  

26 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

Anyone who's waiting for the Trust to do something needs to fuckinh join it for a start. Waiting for someone else to do something and just provide a club in your image is how every club ends up in bother. The Big Man comes along and, surprise surprise, they do something crap whether it's financial, moral, football-illiterate or cultural.  It's a few quid to have your say and what other route to collective ownership would there ever be?

Aye, I've rejoined after letting it lapse ages ago.

I can only assume that with two home games this week, and much fewer volunteers around than normal, most of the time available has gone into logistics and making sure the games actually go ahead. 

Tomorrow there really needs to be a proper reckoning. If it was me, I'd be holding an all-staff meeting to get the air cleared internally and set a tone for moving forward, and then be getting as much of that out into the open as possible. 

This isn't going away, and it shouldn't go away. The board really need to throw themselves to the mercy of the wider community and do whatever it takes to start making amends. We've already covered the kind of things that involves, and it includes resignations. 

With regards to the Trust and the Forum etc, I think that's at a similar stage in as much as I suspect leading people in each group are still coming together to agree a format for wider discussions and actions. I'm very keen to see what form that takes, and what can be achieved. 

2 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'm not in any way defending the club for lack of statement, but it's quite possible they've been advised by a lawyer not to make any such statement until there's some sort of plan or settlement re Goodwillie's contract.

Yeah, I think that's also fairly likely. I do think, though, that we'd benefit from an update to that effect, even one from "an internal source" to Alan Temple.

"The club are currently undertaking legal advice before providing a fuller update." 

We need more information and communication, not less. The club can't get through this by putting barriers up. 

11 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Yeah, I think that's also fairly likely. I do think, though, that we'd benefit from an update to that effect, even one from "an internal source" to Alan Temple.

"The club are currently undertaking legal advice before providing a fuller update." 

We need more information and communication, not less. The club can't get through this by putting barriers up. 

So much for transparency 😡

Agree we need more info on how this was allowed to happen, however looking back, the double down board statement and Bene's comments just made things 100 times worse so I get why things are quiet at the moment.

In case anyone didn’t see it, this is what the Trust said:

“The events of the last 72 hours have been extremely difficult for all who hold Raith Rovers close to their heart. We welcome the fact that those in charge now recognise the magnitude of their mistake and that this player will no longer represent our club. It is the necessary first step in rebuilding trust and recovering from the significant damage caused to our football club. 

If there is anything positive to be taken from the distressing events this week, it is the number of supporters and volunteers willing to stand up and be counted on this issue and the support expressed by fans of other clubs. The people who had the best interests of the club at heart throughout the last week have been fans. The Raith Supporters Trust would like to publicly thank everyone who took a stand and made their opposition clear. We believe that these individuals reflect the true values of our club. 

It is important to remember that the headlines of the last three days will have caused significant pain to the victim involved in this case and many other victims of male sexual violence. Our thoughts go out to anyone who has suffered in this way. That our club inflicted this pain knowingly and has failed to apologise for it is unforgivable. 

This highlights a fundamental weakness around the decision making process and ownership structure at our club. This is something that needs to be addressed urgently. We will be consulting with our members, other fan groups and the wider support about how best we address these concerns and restore our position as a genuine community club.”

Thats from http://www.raithtrust.org.uk

You can join on there. The Trust along with the wider Forum of fan groups is definitely going to the best way to fight back.

Can't add much to what's been said, my interest now is how do the club repair.

Saying sorry is fine but show the workings and invite key groups to create a plan of what is going to change.

Sadly this board and CEO are more likely to think an apology is enough and they will try to be the ones that steer us forward. 

Manager and players should be on press bans for the time being until Sim/CEO talk. No more statements face the camera. 

I'm trying to get to a point where I persuade myself I'm supporting the team and not the club. Silly stuff like only going to away games.

Fact is we need the plan we've got the values written which have been trashed so action please. 

16 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

All it will take now is a severe gubbing this afternoon to top of a really horrendous week 

Or go 4-0 up to lose the game 4-5. Because we’re in this awful predicament every club will up there game to teach us a lesson. And I actually don’t blame them.

Bill Clark says Andy Mill told the other Directors what would happen and he was ignored. Bill backed him but was also ignored.

Says Clyde contacted us about signing Goodwillie. Bill says he doesn’t know who at us was contacted but that negotiations had taken place.

Edited by Scary Bear