The New Raith Rovers Thread

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

£1,150 pw for 2 and a half years, and £50k transfer fee, for someone who is almost 33 and had been playing in the bottom two divisions in Scotland for the last 5 years is absolute madness, even if there were no other factors at play in the decision. 

For that sort of spend I'm sure we could've attracted a reasonable number of targets whose signature wouldn't have torn the club apart. 

Tough read but I’m afraid it’s worth it, a terrible few days all round. FWIW I can’t blame Goodwillie for wanting the full amount pains me to say that but no club will touch him after this so he’ll need to find a new career. All in all he’d have been better staying under the radar at Clyde until he retired. We are where we are and we’ll need to assess what happens next. 

To be fair from what I’ve heard all the players loved Locke and all the staff I’ve heard from have said he was a lovely guy, in the office every day, knew everyone’s name and spent a lot of time at Stark’s (in contrast to McKinnon who was hardly ever at the stadium outside match day). He just wasn’t/isn’t a football manager.
Aye, I've not heard any player say a bad word about him.

22 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Tough read but I’m afraid it’s worth it, a terrible few days all round. FWIW I can’t blame Goodwillie for wanting the full amount pains me to say that but no club will touch him after this so he’ll need to find a new career.

Scrubbing out the toilets in the pox clinic springs to mind.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

I felt bad for Locke, he seemed an incredibly nice guy who desperately wanted to succeed.  He was just not management material.

Can probably see why that went wrong and we.ended up getting relegated. 

Locke was too pally, which doesn't work and then he was replaced by someone the polar opposite, who was too much of a b*****d. 

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

For someone who doesn't have time to go through the last few days' posts, anyone have a summary for what's been going on?

Signed a rapist

Everyone lost their shit

Board said suck it up buttercup

Everyone walked out

Board said he’ll never play for us we’re sorry

Everyone argued 

Edited by San Starko Rover

Thanks folks. I'd missed the bit about the board's volte-face. Absolutely mental that they thought this would all just blow over, and Goodwillie's judgement obviously hasn't improved much. Presumably he's back off to purgatory at Clyde?

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Thanks folks. I'd missed the bit about the board's volte-face. Absolutely mental that they thought this would all just blow over, and Goodwillie's judgement obviously hasn't improved much. Presumably he's back off to purgatory at Clyde?

He’s that toxic right now even the man from Del-Monte would say No

That part of the ordeal isn't clear yet. I'd doubt Clyde wouldn't take him now though.