The New Raith Rovers Thread

37 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Since when do Dunfermline Athletic fans want what's best for Raith Rovers?

Raith's loss would be another clubs gain.

Dunfermline’s gain would be Raith keeping their disgraced manager and Board for as long as possible.

If you ditch the daft tribal shite for a minute then you would be able to see that.

30 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

So far into the background that he ended up as President of the then Scottish Football League. 

I'd forgotten all about that! 

Point still stands though - the owner might find it impossible to shift the club,  but obviously stepping right out the way could calm things down more quickly that people realise.

I cannot get over how our CEO blatantly lied to our biggest sponsor and yet as of today she is still in the position, what I would like to know now is just when was Goodwillie signed, was it back in Decemeber when the rumours first broke or genuinely on the last day of the window. Immaterial now I guess but John Sim being so far away most if the time, was he made aware of the potential ramifications of the signings or was he lied to as well

I wonder if anybody who walked out (I'm thinking of the volunteers really) have gone back yet?

Will be very interesting to see if we have a match day announcer, social media posts or a Raith TV package of any sort for Saturdays game.

2 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I wonder if anybody who walked out (I'm thinking of the volunteers really) have gone back yet?

Will be very interesting to see if we have a match day announcer, social media posts or a Raith TV package of any sort for Saturdays game.

Short answer is no

For anybody interested as well as the edited Twitter spaces session from Thursday there’s an illuminating exclusive interview with Bill Clark on the K107 Saturday Sports Show tomorrow from 1pm where Bill goes into the detail of the decision making surrounding the Goodwillie deal. Very pertinent to the discussions on here right now surrounding John McGlynn, John Sim etc.

Edited by Enigma

Just now, Enigma said:

For anybody interested as well as the edited Twitter spaces session from Thursday there’s an illuminating exclusive interview with Bill Clarke on the K107 Saturday Sports Show tomorrow from 1pm where Bill goes into the detail of the decision making surrounding the Goodwillie deal. Very pertinent to the discussions on here right now surrounding John McGlynn, John Sim etc.

Will be tuning in for that. The K107 show is excellent generally and the interview from Clarke sounds like it may contain some if not all of the detail required to fully assess this situation.

13 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

On the other hand this is a very valid point.

I don't think he will survive this but I do think he has earned a shot at explaining first.

I thought this was quite an important comment made by McGlynn in his interview to Jane Lewis, just prior to kick-off on Tuesday night, "The football club have said they've taken consideration to make this. We didn't wake up yesterday morning and just decide we were going to do this." Bearing in mind that there had already been a critical firestorm brewing all day, from his wording of that, it doesn't look to me as though it was just the board who were doubling down on the signing. I think it's difficult to have differing degrees of culpability shared between the board and management, when from the manager's own lips, he's indicating that it was very much a collective and calculated decision.

McGlynn should go, I wouldn’t renew his contract, and relieve him of all duties ahead of the summer, allowing a new manager time to come in(where’s Laurie Ellis ?).

Paul Smith also should be relieved of his duties along with Karen McCartney - however making a female CEO leave before directors however right that decision is, I feel wouldn’t look good.

Sim won’t go, Sinton is Sims man, so the other two are more likely to go.

TM is only in place as he invested a fair whack after a lottery win, and resigning might be easier for him, as he will have a hard gig as commercial director 

9 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Will be tuning in for that. The K107 show is excellent generally and the interview from Clarke sounds like it may contain some if not all of the detail required to fully assess this situation.

It’s around a half hour interview so safe to say it covers a fair bit of ground. Think the show might run 1-4pm tomorrow. It will be on catch up, as usual, for those who won’t be able to catch it all live.

Edited by Enigma

11 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Just go to K107 website and find the listen live. It’s a great show, well worth a listen 

This link is for the live radio show going out on Saturday right? Or has it already played and is available for catchup? What about the Twitter spaces interview being mentioned, can it be listened to today? Bit confused, sorry.