The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

The Rovers' set up isn't borne of clever tax work (that might go on, although I don't think it does), it's a result of years of mismanagement and buyouts and investment vehicles to get other bad actors out of the way. I believe one of the longer term aims that John Sim has committed to is to simplify the structure, but it's nigh on impossible. 

The 'core' group is composed of Raith Rovers Football Club Ltd, Raith Rovers FC Holdings Ltd, New Raith Rovers Ltd and NRR Investments Ltd. There's also Stark's Park Properties Ltd, which owns the ground. It's all very incestuous with each company owning bits and parts of some of the others. 

I keep meaning to sit down and try to work out what the effective overall control is, but on the back of a fag packet, John Sim owns about 75% of the club and 85% of the ground. 

Just to demonstrate how bizarre this gets, "Raith Rovers Football Club Ltd" which is ostensibly 'the club' owns 0% of "Stark's Park Properties Ltd", which is ostensibly 'the stadium'. 

The stadium owns 76% of the club. 

11 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Aye, I'm seething right enough. You've got me there.

E.t.a the fact that you don't know the m9 patter leads me to believe your a little bit dim M10..

Forgive I must also be a “bit dim” what’s the m9 patter? 

Edited by San Starko Rover

We need McGlynn punted and Berra put in as manager asap. I am so dissapointed in the manager. His response to this whole thing has been completely spineless. He sounded pathetic on his pre match radio interview just reffering to the club statement and his post match interview on Raith TV was pitiful, all fidgety and he looked like he was about to burst in to tears ffs. He should have manned up and taken some responsibility for what has happened. He has had plenty of chance by now. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Hope my other post didn’t come across as having a go at you, I’m sure you’re a man of principal and would stick to your guns. Just trying to point out others are less so just look how many Clyde fans would have Goodwilllie back. Certainly at the moment we’ve all got strong opinions how to proceed. 

Not at all mate, your right some people would change if we got promotion, it’s been a hellish week for anyone of the rovers persuasion, we just need to try and find a way to build things back up again. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m not sure how our club works but isn’t a Chief Exec normally responsible for the running of a company with the Board rubber stamping the Chief Execs decisions?

No idea bud, no idea.

The club concordat talks about transparency yet we have seen none of that in either the build up or response to this catastrophic episode. This must change. Looking at the responses on here, from sponsors and volunteers etc then the owner, CEO, board and management team all need to go at some point in order for us to move on from this. This does need to be managed to a certain degree as if they all go at once then the club would simply fold.

In all honesty that is not as unpalatable a situation to me as it would have been 5 days ago.

19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It’s utterly inconceivable that any Raith fan would still be on board with McGlynn remaining in post.

He was a major contributor to the most shameful episode in the club’s history, which has ended up costing a fortune both financially and in their reputation to the local community.

He’s been a brilliant manager over his two spells with Raith but his position is completely untenable.

A fresh start is surely both desired and extremely necessary?

Since when do Dunfermline Athletic fans want what's best for Raith Rovers?

Raith's loss would be another clubs gain.

2 minutes ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Since when do Dunfermline Athletic fans want what's best for Raith Rovers?

Raith's loss would be another clubs gain.

No it wouldn't. Do you think if Rovers suddenly disappeared they'd all flock to East End Park? Un-fucking-likely. When we were minutes away from oblivion, I was ready to turn my back on Scottish football because nothing would get my heart strings pulling other than my home town club that I have grown to love from a young age. I certainly wasn't going to turn up every week at Starks, or Pittodrie, as I stayed in Aberdeen at the time. 

EDIT- and also the fact that I want to see Dunfermline play Raith. I want to see us play Falkirk. This isn't a race to be the only club out there, it's a race to be the best and to be that, you NEED competition. 

Edited by Stellaboz

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

What’s the rumoured pay off then lads? 

"Sizeable six-figure sum". 

I would reckon about £150k, but that's total guesswork. Imagine doing this to yourselves, eh? 

That's now two strikers we have on the books that will never play for the club again and are 'there' until we pay them off. One because he's a rapist and another that's been punted to Montrose on loan because his body isn't strong enough for full time football. 

Edited by Michael W