The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

total clear out between now and May

Clark for chairman, Andy Mill, Val McD and 2 trust members for directors.

Any one got Jack Ross’s number?

Absolutely, the board should be walking.  Andy Mill and Bill Clark should be immediately reinstated (if they wish).  We should be begging Val McD to take a position on the board even if it’s just honorary to try and help us regain some PR.  I just hope we’ve not lost a longtime supporter and generous backer like Val permanently. 

2 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

At no point have I condoned his actions. But that was 11 years ago. 

Can an individual get on with this life. 

If it was your daughter/sister/partner that he had raped, would you be happy with him getting on with his life? After he’s shown zero remorse for his actions?

30 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I do feel, with hindsight as I wasn’t on their threads slating them for the last few years either, that Clyde have got off relatively easy here. I’m not even saying that people should be hammering Clyde now as a result but if you think about it they signed him, they played him and they made him their club captain I believe which surely would’ve meant more fan interaction etc than just your average player at the club.

Again I’m not saying we should go back and now retrospectively hammer Clyde as a result but it is pretty incredible the reaction now compared to the last few years where I’m sure 90% of supporters of Premiership-League Two clubs knew Goodwillie was playing regularly for Clyde. You only need to look at Falkirk to see how close the gap is between some of the bigger Championship clubs and teams like Clyde. 

If you can't mock Clyde, who can you mock?

30 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I do feel, with hindsight as I wasn’t on their threads slating them for the last few years either, that Clyde have got off relatively easy here. I’m not even saying that people should be hammering Clyde now as a result but if you think about it they signed him, they played him and they made him their club captain I believe which surely would’ve meant more fan interaction etc than just your average player at the club.

Again I’m not saying we should go back and now retrospectively hammer Clyde as a result but it is pretty incredible the reaction now compared to the last few years where I’m sure 90% of supporters of Premiership-League Two clubs knew Goodwillie was playing regularly for Clyde. You only need to look at Falkirk to see how close the gap is between some of the bigger Championship clubs and teams like Clyde. 

I think the difference is that Clyde fans & sponsors didn’t care. They don’t care about employing a racist either

I’ve not commented on this thread since the news broke, I’ve no skin in the game but like many fans of other teams, initial reaction was shock & then sorrow for all right minded Raith fans & the further Kirkcaldy community in general.

I’ve enjoyed days out at Starks many moons ago & always enjoyed them.

My local team - Montrose - has deep seated links to the local area & is a true community club, as were Raith,  it’s a fantastic goal for any club to have & helps ensure the continued support, especially for lower league teams. I know how I would feel if it happened at Links Park.
I’ve a few comments to make.

What were the management & board thinking about even considering the signing initially? Mental!

What were they thinking even after the warnings when first mooted? Mental!

What were they thinking when they issued the statement doubling down on the decision? Mental!

What sort of communication is going on when the club captain defends the decision on footballing grounds in the press & a few short hours later is contradicted by a club statement? Mental.

Now! The really mental part of it, the guy I share a lift with to work had to leave early today due to illness, so I’ve had to get the train home, fortunately (I thought) it gave me time to have a couple of pints in a village pub before I jumped on the train. There were around 10 local guys in, discussing the whole thing, comments included-

“We’ve all done stupid stuff when we are drunk”

”The laddie has paid his debt & it was 10 years ago”

”That lassie was well compensated for a ride”

”They made a documentary about the other guy managing a team in Pakistan & there wasn’t an uproar about that!” - must admit this just confirmed my initial thoughts that nobody knew what they were talking about. 
“That Sturgeon has ruined the boys career”

I’d like to say I took the whole pub on & walked out a hero, I didn’t. I simply said to the barmaid, are you happy to work here amongst a bunch of guys who think rape is ok? Then I left.

This is not a football issue, it’s a society issue, I’m disgusted with the things I’ve heard today, as I thought we’d moved on a little. 
The Raith & perhaps Man U debacles have really brought things into focus in the last week, but! I’ll wager that after things settle down, there’ll be less & less focus on these issues. I’d like to see mandatory sexual violence awareness courses in EVERY workplace, I’d like to see football embracing this issue as they quite correctly do, racism.

Im shocked by how backward we still are when it comes to human decency. 
Good luck to Raith fans & well done to all fans of other clubs who supported them. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

When was this, 1896?????

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've no idea if there was a typhoid outbreak (in Aberdeen) in 1896, but even if there had have been there was no Dundee United or Aberdeen in those days.

I'm talking about the typhoid outbreak of 1964.

My mum wouldn't buy and I haven't eaten corned beef ever since then!

I’ve not commented on this thread since the news broke, I’ve no skin in the game but like many fans of other teams, initial reaction was shock & then sorrow for all right minded Raith fans & the further Kirkcaldy community in general.
My local team - Montrose - has deep seated links to the local area & is a true community club, as were Raith,  it’s a fantastic goal for any club to have & helps ensure the continued support, especially for lower league teams. I know how I would feel if it happened at Links Park.
What were the management & board thinking about even considering the signing initially? Mental!
What were they thinking when they issued the statement doubling down on the decision? Mental!
What sort of communication is going on when the club captain defends the decision on footballing grounds in the press & a few short hours later is contradicted by a club statement? Mental.
Now! The really mental part of it, the guy I share a lift with to work had to leave early today due to illness, so I’ve had to get the train home, fortunately (I thought) it gave me time to have a couple of pints in a village pub before I jumped on the train. There were around 10 local guys in, discussing the whole thing, comments included-
”They made a documentary about the other guy managing a team in Pakistan & there wasn’t an uproar about that!” - must admit this just confirmed my initial thoughts that nobody knew what they were talking about. 
I’d like to say I took the whole pub on & walked out a hero, I didn’t. I simply said to the barmaid, are you happy to work here amongst a bunch of guys who think rape is ok? Then I left.
This is not a football issue, it’s a society issue, I’m disgusted with the things I’ve heard today, as I thought we’d moved on a little. 
The Raith & perhaps Man U debacles have really brought things into focus in the last week, but! I’ll wager that after things settle down, there’ll be less & less focus on these issues. I’d like to see mandatory sexual violence awareness courses in EVERY workplace, I’d like to see football embracing this issue as they quite correctly do, racism.
Good luck to Raith fans & well done to all fans of other clubs who supported them. 
Wrong David Robertson, brother blades.

12 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

At no point have I condoned his actions. But that was 11 years ago. 

Yeah, silly me. I forgot unrepentant rape carries an expiry date.

12 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

Can an individual get on with this life. 

Of course. Unfortunately, for both you and him, it won't be at Raith Rovers.

Just now, Rob1885 said:
4 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Exactly! Hence my comment, that shows how much they know about the subject. 

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
5 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

That is the point being made by the poster. Cheers. 

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
4 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

”They made a documentary about the other guy managing a team in Pakistan & there wasn’t an uproar about that!” - must admit this just confirmed my initial thoughts that nobody knew what they were talking about

That;s exactly the point Brother Blades was making.

It’s fucking shite patter. Sadly, there are a group of people who will use this incident to stick the boot into the club in a point scoring way in the same way that the OF do. Happened in England with the Greenwood situation where people don’t actually give a f**k about what’s happened and just want an excuse to get one over on other fans.

It also completely undermines the situation and takes away from the severity of it when you’ve got incel virgins sitting in their underwear spewing “rape rovers” all the time.

Unfortunately, I can guarantee a group of Pars fans will be at it for our next few games. It’ll be the same mob who gave it the “paedo” patter at Celtic park a couple of years back. They absolutely do not care about the issue itself, they just like to rub their noses in it.

One of the things I love most about the football is the animosity that comes with rivalry. There’s nothing quite like a group of coked-up fannies flipping the Vickies to people 150 yards away and calling them all the scummy, bin-raker type insults you want. Chants about abuse, rape and exploitation need to be firmly tossed into the bin.

Wasn't there a "Dungvermin Pathetic" as well?

Scumfermline Pathetic is another one.

I'm glad Raiths board reacted quickly to this, I imagine there's still a lot to go through before fans can feel right about their relationship to the board/manager again, if ever, but at least the first signs of recovery are there and Raith fans can think about just being Raith fans again.

I think, as a fanbase, you'll deserve praise for how you reacted to this situation and hopefully this means you can now attend games without feeling horrendous about it. I've genuinely no idea what the best action would be now you're in some form of limbo between him being at the club and not being at the club though, so id say its now just individual choice about your feelings on the board/manager. To me you'll no longer be supporting a rapist by going seeing as you've been promised they're trying to get him out the club.

Really Sim should be paying off his contract out his own pocket, board members resigning, and McGlynn being sent packing, but I don't know how realistic that is in terms of happening.

Edited by RandomGuy.