The New Raith Rovers Thread

Nah defo £50k gross when with us.
Expect it would be at least 50% uplift for the pain of the uproar that I was expecting he would get but it has blown up far more than what I thought it would be.
I bet he wished he was back with the easy life with us rather than all over the national and international news as he has pretty much sailed until the radar and could have done so earning £50k for the next 2 or 3 years.
He has basically put himself back at step 1 again in the rebuild of his life.

Wish I could earn £50k stress free.

Today is the day theres normally a pre match interview, I'm guessing there wont be one now , maybe some kind of statement will be forthcoming though as they cant keep quiet forever
They can't put anything out when the entire media team has fucked off though?

38 minutes ago, Hursty said:

The worrying thing is that a fair number of them probably think he hasn't done anything wrong and think the outrage is down to the 'woke brigade' etc and that he was just being "one of the lads, could have happened to anyone with a wee dirty"

I base this not just simply on the fact he was made Clyde skipper and seemed a popular team mate and the lack of comment as you say -but being a 38 year old who played boys club / amateur for 30 years in Ayrshire and knowing a worrying amount at that level plus a few who went on to play senior who would 100% be in the "boys night out, she was asking for it" brigade.   

Worryingly a lot of the younger lads coming through seem to still have this attitude - there's more awareness now about #metoo etc but on the other hand it's easier to send shit out via WhatsApp etc so stuff that would have seemed unimaginable when I was 15 / 16 is just par for the course now.  

f**k Goodwillie, Sim, McGlynn, Raith, and all the rest of them. 

One thing I have noticed on social media is the number of women that are blaming the victim, with claims she was just in it for the money, knew what she was doing etc..

I don’t know if it’s a generational thing, but these women appear to be of the older type. 

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:
7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:
Today is the day theres normally a pre match interview, I'm guessing there wont be one now , maybe some kind of statement will be forthcoming though as they cant keep quiet forever

They can't put anything out when the entire media team has fucked off though?

Yeah I know about RTV, thats why I said about releasing a statement

Did they guys at RTV own the equipment or is it the clubs ???

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Yeah I know about RTV, thats why I said about releasing a statement

Did they guys at RTV own the equipment or is it the clubs ???

My understanding is that Bill Clark bought the current camera and is thus property of Raith Rovers FC

8 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

One thing I have noticed on social media is the number of women that are blaming the victim, with claims she was just in it for the money, knew what she was doing etc..

I don’t know if it’s a generational thing, but these women appear to be of the older type. 

Aye - seen that too albeit mostly from men but as you say some women too.   Its almost as if they think this is the same as a bimbo going out and bagging a footballer as a husband. 

All I can say to that is that is that I very much doubt a female is going to head out in some shitty town, get absolutely legless and make an arse of herself falling all over the place etc in the hope that a couple of rich football players just might turn up and double team her and leave her abandoned in their pals flat, just so she can 'hopefully' be in that tiny minority that makes it through the courts and somehow makes money out of it.  

3 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

If Raith are failing to respond to emails then it looks like with the help of google it would be easy enough to clog up a few inboxes at their other interests:

https://www.raithrovers.net/directors

Be that a large accountancy firm or the band Gaels Blue

I have been outspoken in the last 2 days but one of the directors has an ongoing business, lets not target third party jobs because of this carry on.

2 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I wasn't suggesting doing anything that would impact anyones job, more directing any email sent to Raith and not responded to, on to their other work email addresses. I think it would cause a little annoyance but no worse than that.

I'm not a moderator here, but I am aware of consequences, this is why I called for calm.

59 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Well get this....I phoned my old work buddy tonight to congratulate him on Celtics win (he's a green n' white hoops man obviously)

He said....." Do you not think all these do-gooders should get off David Goodwillies back?

It was a short conversation.

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'm not a moderator here, but I am aware of consequences, this is why I called for calm.

Trying to think of something to lift Raith fans spirit.

Cant imagine how I would feel after having seen my clubs name dragged through the dirt on virtually every media channel.

All I can say is...I suspect the vast majority of club supporters send their best to Raith fans .You WILL get through this.

17 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Trying to think of something to lift Raith fans spirit.

Cant imagine how I would feel after having seen my clubs name dragged through the dirt on virtually every media channel.

All I can say is...I suspect the vast majority of club supporters send their best to Raith fans .You WILL get through this.

Agreed.  This will eventually go away, but if the club digs its heels in it will be going on for the next 3 years… nightmare.  And the chances of selling him after the publicity of the last 3 days… non-existent. He’ll stay at Raith and then retire most likely.  For his own mental health and that of his family, he should retire now and just try to disappear for a couple of years 

the fans and club will make it through but I have to say, you know how to shoot yourselves in the foot.  The loyal support are paying the price 

The late Turnbull Hutton said the Claude Anelka experiment put Rovers back 10 years, this has the potential to do at the very least the same and perhaps much worse. Alienating sponsors and lifelong supporters who have kept the club afloat in the darkest days will mean that when the dark days return (and they're a coming!) there will be none of us left to bail the club out.

As I see it, there is only one solution, and that is that the player in question's contract is terminated in any way it legally can be, and then ALL those responsible for this abhorrent decision depart from Starks Park as soon as possible. 

If this means the guilty few funding the failure themselves, then that'd be grand.

If it means them going but leaving the Rovers £200,000 out of pocket, then that's a bitter pill to swallow but not as bad as where we are now.

If it means we have two young totally untried and untested coaches taking the 1st team, then that's what we have to do.

In 72 hours we have gone from worrying about falling out of the play-off spots to wondering if the club can even survive this. The fact that this wasn't  just an opportunist spur of the moment deal and was something that was planned for a month or more makes it all the more incredible to believe that they still thought it a goer! 

Edited by Scottydog