The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I'm a long way off being able to make memes about this, but you better believe that when I've calmed down in about 18 months I'll be doing a Mitchell and Webb look "Are we the baddies?" with John McGlynn's face superimposed on David Mitchell.  

That meme and the wild post yesterday about Val McDermid being a hypocrite for complaining about the signing despite writing crime novels are the only things I've laughed at in the last 48hrs. 

2 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:
8 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:
I'm going to miss my Friday night pub crawl in March thanks to this.
Pass my apologies to Deja Vu, Hole I' The Wa, The Imperial, The Douglas Arms, The Barrel and The Waverley.

Come down anyway. We'll all buy you a beer

That you for the kind offer.

I have already decided to donate my hotel/meals/drink budget to charity.

I will raise a glass on the day to Queens to make up.

5 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

They way the resignations are going I think the Rovers might struggle to host the game on Saturday. If I had a voluntary position I certainly wouldn't be going back.

How much is the fine and points deduction for failing to fulfill a fixture ,  get yer wallet oot Sim 😂😂😂😂

This thread over the last couple of days has been heartening and depressing in equal measure. 

Heartening as so many people see Rovers' actions for what they are. Heartening because so many people realise that there are things more important for their football team than to simply win matches no matter the cost. 

Depressing to see the relationship that Rovers fans have with their club irretrievably break down as a result of their club's actions. 

Depressing that some people are so bitter and twisted in their thinking that their dislike of Scotland's political leader trumps all else, and that they are angrier that she has commented on this rather than they are about the crime of rape that Goodwillie, and Robertson, are guilty of. 

Edited by John MacLean
Tidy up some really bad writing.

40 minutes ago, Uniform11 said:

This seems a bit disingenuous. Its not as if fans of other clubs can have a direct influence in the signings that another club makes. They can voice their displeasure, post it on social media and make the offending club aware of their errors of their ways. 

It is obvious that fans can't influence the behaviour of their own club.

Was thinking as Goodwillie never paid the compo to the victim. Perhaps Clyde could direct the transfer fee her way.

I’m pretty sure he sold his house to pay his share. However due to the costs of the case the poor woman saw very little of it.

“Lord Armstrong awarded me £100,000 – less than the players wanted to buy me off with – and most of it will be swallowed up by legal costs. I don’t mind though. All that matters is that I am vindicated.”

http:// https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/they-offered-me-115000-to-drop-the-case-but-no-amount-of-money-would-have-bought-my-silence/amp/

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

I read a comment to that effect last night which stated he declared bankruptcy to avoid the compensation. Is this true ?

I have seen that too.  However declaring bankruptcy does not release you from your debts.  The AIB determine who and what you should be paying from your income.

13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m pretty sure he sold his house to pay his share. However due to the costs of the case the poor woman saw very little of it.

11 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I read a comment to that effect last night which stated he declared bankruptcy to avoid the compensation. Is this true ?

He was sequestrated over an unpaid tax bill in 2019. 

https://roi.aib.gov.uk/roi/Insolvency/Insolvency/Details/74490

He'll have entered a full admin bankruptcy. As @strichener says he will be paying a hefty monthly fee towards it as a FAB is conditional on an Income/Expenditure statement being provided and evidence to show disposable income. You can be reasonably creative with them, but the AIB don't generally entertain piss-takers.

Further ETA: His debts would technically be written off when the bankruptcy is awarded, however the monthly payments made to the AIB are distributed to creditors. 

Another ETA: I wonder if the monthly contribution he's presumably paid has cleared it all? If not, and Rovers paid him any sort of lump sum to sign, he should lose that under Aquirenda rules, which would be pretty funny.

Edited by Day of the Lords

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Wasn’t that 2 years after the court judgment though?…

He will almost certainly have dragged his feet over paying it though. It's not a hard can to kick down the road for a considerable period, especially if you can afford a decent accountant. 

ETA: Dunno how reliable the Sunday Post is, but: 

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/shamed-footballers-david-goodwillie-and-david-robertson-dodge-rape-victim-denise-clairs-100000-compensation-claim/

Edited by Day of the Lords

He will almost certainly have dragged his feet over paying it though. It's not a hard can to kick down the road for a considerable period, especially if you can afford a decent accountant. 
ETA: Dunno how reliable the Sunday Post is, but: 
https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/shamed-footballers-david-goodwillie-and-david-robertson-dodge-rape-victim-denise-clairs-100000-compensation-claim/

Yep , if accurate he sold his home but she didn’t see much cash due to the case dragging on so long….