The New Raith Rovers Thread

I would never ever be at SP if I were a decent supporter. The most worrying thing for me is the lack of understanding and/or sympathy from some of the Raith fans. Why why why on earth are people comparing it to assault and drugs etc?! Because people choose to deal drugs and people fight for a million reasons but nobody chooses to be raped! I usually take atleast 1 child to games whether it be my son or nephew but I couldn't possibly if It were me. Majority of fans are obviously good people but seriously how many turned up last night? How many came on here slating everything about the club but still turned up? It's not even a case of football rivalry anymore, I just want to know I am around decent enough people when going to the football on a Saturday. Not just Raith but some fans have absolutely rattled my brain in terms of acceptance of this is our society. Some IP addresses need passed onto the police and the person under observation until death. Horrible situation and my heart goes out to all decent football fans whenever you are. We need to keep our woman and children safe. 

45 minutes ago, zicoromaines said:

not really got a point, just funny how very similar things have different meanings and cause different reactions from different people. The German boy is found guilty in a court of law but can move to France and be paid £40,000 a week to play for one of the most decorated teams in the country

Ronaldo has paid his way out of trouble so is celebrated worldwide still as a great footballer and role model to millions

Goodwillie wasn’t convicted, he was found to probably be guilty of taking advantage of a drunk girl who likely didn’t give proper consent he has always claimed his innocence, he has kept his head down for a decade since

they might all be guilty, they unlikely are all innocent but Ronaldo gets to get on with it because he pays and is who he is, Boateng gets to swan about Europe, playing champions league and europa league earning millions but Goodwillie can’t move from Clyde where he has been for years to another club in Scotland? We have first ministers getting involved for goodness sake

I am not defending any of them just comparing and like everyone I didn’t want him signing for us because of the fall out, he might be innocent but nobody wants to admit this because then they can’t jump on and kick Raith rovers when they are down or get all on their high horse of what they will or won’t do or what people should do and think

And what point aren't you getting? Some things in life are a no go. I would like to think that most of the world has its problems but we look after our own in this country. Without getting too patriotic, it's probably something to do with storyline from a famous Mel Gibson film. Stop making excuses to defend the guy, what about the poor girl? It was a little more than taking advantage also, they planned and lied to others to put her in that vulnerable position and has since shown zero remorse. Our First Minister also agrees with every single stance taken on the situation. Feel sad for all the good people involved with the club. 

38 minutes ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

I would never ever be at SP if I were a decent supporter. The most worrying thing for me is the lack of understanding and/or sympathy from some of the Raith fans. Why why why on earth are people comparing it to assault and drugs etc?! Because people choose to deal drugs and people fight for a million reasons but nobody chooses to be raped! I usually take atleast 1 child to games whether it be my son or nephew but I couldn't possibly if It were me. Majority of fans are obviously good people but seriously how many turned up last night? How many came on here slating everything about the club but still turned up? It's not even a case of football rivalry anymore, I just want to know I am around decent enough people when going to the football on a Saturday. Not just Raith but some fans have absolutely rattled my brain in terms of acceptance of this is our society. Some IP addresses need passed onto the police and the person under observation until death. Horrible situation and my heart goes out to all decent football fans whenever you are. We need to keep our woman and children safe. 

Oh come on now. Surely this is getting a bit hyperbolic. Is this where we have reached? Everyone who remains a Raith Rovers supporter is now evil? Police "observation until death"?

Speaks volumes that there was no pre-match interview (DH resigning from Raith Tv might be one of the main reasons), usually in the past those wee managers chat slots has been used to trumpet new signings. Then more pointedly there was absolutely no mention made of the new signing in the post match interview, the whole interview passed off without even a word about him, it was almost as if we hadn't signed anyone at all....oh if only that were true.

Maybe those wearing the clown shoes down at SP are beginning to get some idea on the magnitude of just how seriously they have fucked things up.

6 hours ago, RexTheCommander said:

Total agree, could put it better myself.  Also at the to support my team.

It's a crying shame that "your team" and ergo - your club - are rape apologists. You supporting them at this point in time is a very, very bad look. 

3 hours ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

So if I went last night I wouldn’t be a decent supporter , I actually didn’t to be fair I just couldn’t but I will be back boycotts etc will kill the Rovers for what?  a vile beast like Goodwillie . Still sick to my stomach regarding this and my clubs attitude to women , rape etc  just bewildering and so dis connected from reality at the moment

Just now, milhouse said:

I'm sorry but reasons why the event was of less significance in 2017 do not include: Clyde playing in the 3rd Division, the idea that people thought rape was less bad before Metoo, the fact that a crime writer and TV quiz presenter are now upset about it.

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dunno about boycotting but I’d urge opposition fans to consider whether they want to give their money to the club.

I'd urge visiting club’s directors not to accept Boardroom hospitality at Starks Park. They are there as representatives of their club and by accepting hospitality they would be providing tacit approval of Raith's actions. 

Re the lack if reaction when he signed for Clyde, well maybe there should have been. 

Maybe there is a bigger outcry now is actually a positive sign. A sign that, perhaps, things have progressed just a small degree when it comes to violence, and sexual, violence against women. 

Maybe there is a greater realisation that rape isn't just dragging someone into the bushes. Maybe there is a greater understanding of what constitutes consent. 

There is much still to be done and the law in Scotland is still failing rape victims hence the need for recourse to the civil court. An extremely brave thing to do with no legal aid available and the sacrifice of anonymity. 

The need for corroboration in Scottish law makes it notoriously difficult to prosecute rape cases and make convictions. That it took a civil court for some kind of justice in this case doesn't deligitimise that judgement. 

It's lies to say there was no outcry when he signed for Clyde. There clearly was anc you only have to go back and find it for yourself. Any thick c**t who says there wasn't is only trying to justify signing a rapist. Badly.

When Craig Thomson signed for (I think) Edinburgh City there was outcry. So don't be trying to rewrite history.

Rovers are clearly a bigger deal than Clyde or Edinburgh so rightly its getting more publicity, especially now with the media being more widespread than even 5 years ago.

7 hours ago, Alan H said:

Sorry I haven't got 12000 posts of utter pish behind me to establish myself as a righteous and upstanding member of the pie and bovril community. I was actually saying the same thing as most people here in original post but seems to have got lost in translation due to what seems like primary 7 comprehension skills.

You've only been here 5 minutes and you've found him out.

5 hours ago, zicoromaines said:

Goodwillie wasn’t convicted, he was found to probably be guilty of taking advantage of a drunk girl who likely didn’t give proper consent he has always claimed his innocence, he has kept his head down for a decade since

Yeah so that's rape, you daft c**t. 

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

So if I went last night I wouldn’t be a decent supporter , I actually didn’t to be fair I just couldn’t but I will be back boycotts etc will kill the Rovers for what?  a vile beast like Goodwillie . Still sick to my stomach regarding this and my clubs attitude to women , rape etc  just bewildering and so dis connected from reality at the moment

The point of the boycott is to hurt the club - in the short term, so that things change. 

Over the medium to long-term it will be of benefit. 

If 60% of your normal attendance continues to go, this situation drags on for longer and the reputation of your club gets more and more tarnished.