The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Only passing on what was said on the other channel by a person who I believe is at or was at the club, dont shoot the messenger

I’m not.

These aren’t EPL stars who can sit about for a few months and not worry about their next payslip though.  They’re ordinary working stiffs who likely earn less than a lot of people that post on this forum.

There isn’t really any action they could take no matter how they might feel about it.

27 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

What gives you the right, this is a free country and everyone is entitled to their opinions. 

No, this is a public forum where members post at the discretion of the site owner and moderators.

8 minutes ago, Alan H said:

Read my post again and quote where i said there was 'no outrage' when he signed for Clyde. Basic reading comprehension on this forum is on par with primary 5 levels.

Comprehension of basic morals is devoid with you.

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I’m not.

These aren’t EPL stars who can sit about for a few months and not worry about their next payslip though.  They’re ordinary working stiffs who likely earn less than a lot of people that post on this forum.

There isn’t really any action they could take no matter how they might feel about it.

Who feckin mentioned anything about them taking action, all that was said was that they were not happy and I dont blame them for being so

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

33 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

The only reason RRs signed DG is because their promotion bid has faltered in recent weeks. It makes perfect sense from a footballing perspective. A team in  contention for promotion needs a proven goalscorer. Clyde did the same and with partial success by getting to league 1.

From a moral point of view the signing stinks! The CPS let the young woman down very badly and so have Clyde and RRs.

Such is the lure of the SPL and access to immediate wealth. You might make the play-offs but I doubt you'll win the league.

Perhaps it would have been better to sign a couple of good defenders - conceding 3 goals at home against the bottom club!

Scotland doesn’t have a CPS, it’s England and Wales only 

Procurator Fiscal in Scotland 

12 minutes ago, Alan H said:

quote the part where I'm apologising for anyone or I'll treat it as libel.

Libel you absolute moron.

No one knows who you are so how can it have damaged you reputation or cost your earnings? Or do you not understand what the f**k you’re talking about?

Edit - I thought Clyde were scummy for signing and employing Goodwillie. Do I win a prize?

Edited by Cardle is Magic

4 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Comprehension of basic morals is devoid with you.

I actually said in my post I was disappointed with the club's decision? That 2 things you have been unable to comprehend from my post. English obviously not your strong point pal.

38 minutes ago, Alan H said:

Went to the game tonight to show my support for the players over the 90 minutes despite the latest faux social media outrage by a majority of people who have never heard of Raith Rovers before today. There was no booing, no baying mobs, no boycotts, no picquet lines, no eggs thrown. A normal midweek attendance and  a peaceful protest by approx 20 people outside the ground prior to the game.

Disappointed as I was in the club's decision today I decided not to jump on the social media band-wagon led by Val McDermid with Nicola Sturgeon in tow. Why you ask? Well I was silent when Scottish football was brought into disrepute back in March 2017 when he signed for Clyde. Where was the furore, where was the First Minister's indignation then? I myself didn't say anything. I don't even recall talking abut it. Barely a whimper compared to today's frenzy on here and across other social media platforms, but hey I suppose 'cancel culture' and social media 'pile-ons' wasn't in vogue back then! Clyde obviously didn't have any celebrity supporters with First Ministers in their back pocket to rouse the clamouring mobs looking for their next target.

If you care about the Scottish game and you didn't shout from the rooftops and make grand and extreme proclamations when he signed for Clyde back in 2017 then please spare me your righteousness and moral grandstanding because it's suddenly and inconveniently landed on your doorstep today. Touting your virtues or sob stories about cancelling your player subscription or season ticket does not mean you are morally superior to me or anyone else. There is an important conversation to be had here which we all conveniently ignored a few years back for some reason or another. If you were as vocal then as you were today then fair play, your a better person than me and well done! If not... then ask yourself why...I know I will be!

I had thought of making a considered response but 'f**k off' does the job just nicely. 

Edited by John MacLean

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Who feckin mentioned anything about them taking action, all that was said was that they were not happy and I dont blame them for being so

Calm down to a rage.

You were the one that said “watch this space” when you piped up about the players.

Watch what then?  Players doing and saying nothing?

33 minutes ago, Alan H said:

Well I was silent when Scottish football was brought into disrepute back in March 2017 when he signed for Clyde. Where was the furore, where was the First Minister's indignation then? I myself didn't say anything. I don't even recall talking abut it.

No moral compass then and still not found it to this day. 

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Libel you absolute moron.

No one knows who you are so how can it have damaged your reputation or cost your earnings? Or do you not understand what the f**k you’re talking about?

Answer the question, quote the part in post where I was apologising for Goodwillie, ie a 'rape apologist'?

Yeah cos libel only applies to the rich and famous....jesus christ! Did anyone make it out of primary 7 here??

42 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

The only reason RRs signed DG is because their promotion bid has faltered in recent weeks. It makes perfect sense from a footballing perspective. A team in  contention for promotion needs a proven goalscorer. Clyde did the same and with partial success by getting to league 1.

From a moral point of view the signing stinks! The CPS let the young woman down very badly and so have Clyde and RRs.

Such is the lure of the SPL and access to immediate wealth. You might make the play-offs but I doubt you'll win the league.

Perhaps it would have been better to sign a couple of good defenders - conceding 3 goals at home against the bottom club!

The SPL? Do Raith have a time machine? Actually, that would come in handy for them at the moment.