The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'll lose a lot of respect for anyone who attends tonight, either as a spectator or in a voluntary capacity. Employees I have a slight sympathy with, although they should absolutely be assessing their options. 

The club have made a horrendous, horrendous error. That's bad enough. Bad enough to make a lot of us walk away. They had an opportunity to try to offer an olive branch, or some sort of justification or mitigation, to try and bring people back onside. 

Even if they can't get out of his contract, they could've shown a little contrition, taken ownership, sought to make amends. They could've at least had the fucking integrity to put their names to that statement. 

They bought a rapist. And when it became clear that it was their fans (and employees, and fellow board members) or that rapist, they chose the rapist. And spat in our faces as they did so. 

Nobody should have anything to do with that football club until its entire hierarchy is removed. And if they won't go? If they'd rather see the club run into the dirt and be liquidated than move on? So be it. Not one penny more. 

'First and foremost this was a football related decision' is the worst summary sentence ever, considering this is a statement attempting to appease fans who are furious at the signing of a rapist.

'We know you don't like people being rapists..... but we're a football club, so take your morals elsewhere'

I am absolutely flabbergasted at the sheer gall and lack of understanding that Raith are showing with that statement. They are fully expecting this all to blow over and things to be forgotten about in time.

I have absolutely nothing against the decent Raith fans on here and I feel a great degree of sadness that many of them will feel they have to give up on their football club as that is something that no fan should go through. However your board and anyone else that went along with this are absolutely disgusting with the ignorance that they are showing towards a fan base that supported them through a pandemic that had the potential to be crippling for football clubs. To turn around and do something that alienates a large amount of people and then basically say that you’ll all come around eventually is fucking rotten.

3 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I don’t live locally, so it’s very much passing the buck on fold to organise one. But we really need a protest at the ground on Saturday. We can’t have a few individuals killing the club. 

Would get involved in a protest outside