The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Red dots from the resident mob are a badge of honour. If you upset these b*****ds your'e saying something right :)

Look mate, seriously have a think here. You’re defending a rapist. You seem to be doing this entirely to get it up the snowflakes or whatever.

Have a serious think about that. Read the court transcript and read some women’s accounts of rape. Then decide if it’s all a laugh or not. 

I’m utterly baffled by this decision. 

I don’t blame the gaffer, his job is to look after the football side and to put a good team on the park. From a football sense, it’s a good signing.

What I don’t understand is that the board thought it would be ok after the backlash a month ago. Did they think that there would be a bit of a moan and then it would all die down? If they did, I think they have made a huge error in judgment!

I admit my first reaction to this news when I woke up was scoffing at the madness of the wee team but no, this isn't good for anyone and has much wider and very immediate implications for our community. As evidenced by some of the posts in this very thread. 

Most of the posts in the last 30 odd pages have been good but some are scary.

Its true that you never really realise what kind of opinions, on the most heinous crimes, are out there until its dragged into focus by something like this. 

If I had daughters, I don't think I'd let them out of my sight. Stay safe and even more aware out there guys and, more specifically, girls. 

I look forward to hearing the views of our CEO, Karen McCartney, on this matter.

And another thing - the award winning and hugely successful community club programme will undoubtedly suffer as a result of this madness. How many parents will want their sons and daughters attending skills schools at the club which signed a rapist?

8 minutes ago, Paco said:

He’s gone and it’s explicitly in reference to the signing of Goodwillie.

For reference to other teams fans, Andy Mill was the fans director on the board. Would hope he isn’t the last to walk to be honest.

Any decent person on the board will surely do the same. Even away from that, if they think selfishly - the chance of being labelled as someone who accepted the signing is bad enough. 

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The sad thing is, you see a lot of this type of attitude from men on social media 

FD3B8D89-C7F6-45D3-8C61-4259487319A1.jpeg

Yes. It is mostly men. When it was going on with Falkirk a few weeks ago there were lots of our fans claiming he'd done nothing wrong and she was just out for a payday.

3 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I’m utterly baffled by this decision. 

I don’t blame the gaffer, his job is to look after the football side and to put a good team on the park. From a football sense, it’s a good signing.

What I don’t understand is that the board thought it would be ok after the backlash a month ago. Did they think that there would be a bit of a moan and then it would all die down? If they did, I think they have made a huge error in judgment!

you think the manager was right to sign him but the directors are wrong to rubber stamp it 😳 

I wish raith nothing but bad luck in the future,bankruptcy would be nice

9 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

When do you suppose the club will press the button on the statement trying to defend the indefensible? There’s not really a good time.

If I were working the shift, that would be a definite 16.59 job and I'd be out there the moment send was pressed. 

I cannot see how it is going to make anything better. You just know there will be a line in there to the effect of "we acknowledge that this signing has prompted concerns, but....". 

Frankly, I don’t want to hear it. 

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I see the captain of the Raith Ladies team has chucked it too. 

Yup really sad to see all this tbh. 
Seem to be losing fans left right and centre. What on earth did the board expect though and even weighing up the pros and cons from a ‘business’ point of view it’s absolutely baffling. I thought the Clyde fans were generally quite scummy over Goodwillie but do feel for the Raith fans here.

Edited by gannonball

He’s gone and it’s explicitly in reference to the signing of Goodwillie.

For reference to other teams fans, Andy Mill was the fans director on the board. Would hope he isn’t the last to walk to be honest.

Last thing I will say on this thread, because the amount of idiots/trolls who seem to think this is hilarious is deeply concerning.

It’s a real shame that the board have obviously accepted the resignation of the fans representative - who clearly wanted to get the supporters’ point of view across and stand up for what’s right. I can’t imagine what the decent fans are going through right now and I genuinely feel for you all. In amongst all the ridiculous posts, there are some really good ones from decent people who have loved the club for a long long time, that just can’t accept this situation.

On one hand, I’m glad it’s not us. On the other, I’m disappointed any club’s fans have to deal with this. Credit to every single Raith Rovers fan who is standing up against this horrendous decision from the manager/board of directors. Some things in life are much more important than football.