The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Double Jack D said:

I'm not sure I understand Falkirk fans being relieved that they missed out and just being able to carry on as if they dodged a bullet. Reality is if you lot pumped us out the cup a couple of months back then DGW would be a Falkirk player. 

Seems both our clubs are morally bereft, we just have a few extra pennies at this particular moment in time.

or they listened to their fans?

I'm still in shock that nobody has blamed their bigger brothers along the road yet.

But in all seriousness, we'll see just how strongly the Rovers support feels about this in the next few games. I'd genuinely be sickened if he'd signed for us and would pull my funding from the club pronto.

Is it Raith Rapists or Rape Rovers?

Rape Rapers.

On a serious note, feel bad for all the Raith fans. I’d hate it if this were thistle. As for those fans welcoming him / wanting to give him a chance - I assume none of you have daughters (not that it should take that for you to have a zero tolerance attitude to sexual assault)

1 minute ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

or they listened to their fans?

Possibly, but that's not my interpretation.

To be honest I'm not that fussed about what Falkirk fans feel and don't really feel like a debate on that, that's for them to justify to themselves. I've got much bigger footballing concerns this morning....

3 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I'm not sure I understand Falkirk fans being relieved that they missed out and just being able to carry on as if they dodged a bullet. Reality is if you lot pumped us out the cup a couple of months back then DGW would be a Falkirk player. 

Seems both our clubs are morally bereft, we just have a few extra pennies at this particular moment in time.

Crucially though, we didn’t sign him. 

Just now, Hughsie said:

Crucially though, we didn’t sign him. 

Is that the crucial thing though. 

I suppose it is if it's because they made the right decision based on fan feedback or was against their morals. If they were just outbid by another bunch of morally bereft rape apologists then you are really no different to us... just a bit poorer at this time.

As an East Fife fan and not a lover of Raith Rovers, I genuinely feel so sorry for the real Raith fans who have now given up supporting their club. What an absurd decision from your board, it was clear months ago that the consensus from yourselves and also Falkirk that the signing of a rapist would be ludicrous but they did it anyway.

Support your local lower leagues side, or even come along to Methil. The team is shite, but we don’t have any rapists playing for us.

Good luck to the Raith fans, and I hope you can get back to supporting your club again one day.

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’d rather we get relegated now. Who the f**k sanctioned this. I won’t be back to Starks Park until this creep is gone. Goals or not, I won’t be celebrating any of them.  McGlynn and the board have a lot to answer. We’ll also lose a good proportion of our female fans too. 

What a terrible post. I'd rather we get relegated. What and potentially go out of business. Yes questions have to be asked about the signing but I'll be back at SP and if he scores I'd celebrate like it was any other Raith goal.

6 hours ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Calm down flower. If only i could type slower so you could understand it.

You can't shit on Raith fans for defending their club when you support arguably the least finally scrupulous club in Scottish football history. 

Giovanni Di Stefano was praising Mussolini and was known to be a business associate of Arkan when your club were in bed with him.

I don't know how you balance your justification of this with being a virtue signalling little runt.

Dear lord you are fucking stupid 😂

Also, criticising a football club for signing an actual rapist is not virtue signalling. If you genuinely believe that then I'm going to hazard a guess that you are legally required to keep the Police informed of your residential address at all times, you utter wrong 'un.

6 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Woke!!!

You even know what it means you fucking half wit.

I pity the females in your life.

I wouldn't worry. The only female in @Raith_Raver's rather sad and empty life is clearly his maw. 

11 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

None of us are trying to claim a moral victory here. We are just relieved that our club is so shite just now we can't sign a player from Clyde if that was the case.

6 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Is that the crucial thing though. 

I suppose it is if it's because they made the right decision based on fan feedback or was against their morals. If they were just outbid by another bunch of morally bereft rape apologists then you are really no different to us... just a bit poorer at this time.

"If" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. Falkirk are very much different because Raith actually signed him.

Speaking from experience, not attending matches on moral grounds is shit crack, but needs must sometimes.

I feel for Raith Rovers supporters who intend to take a strong stance on this, because going cold turkey on your favourite team after years of being a die-hard is a difficult transition. I still feel like I've done the correct thing for myself, despite nearly everyone around me having softened their stance a long time ago.

I am happy to see @Sherrif John Bunnell find another team to go along to, he's a good egg who I was glad to regularly bump into at the football. I have a toddler to keep me occupied on a Saturday but I don't half pine for it by 4.30pm. It's the drama in the last phase of the match - when the result is in the balance - that I miss the most.

Edited by bunglebonce

6 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'd rather be a c**t than a virtue signaling woke  :)

What is it about racism you prefer to turn a blind eye to and what has this to do with rape? 

6 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'd rather be a c**t than a virtue signaling woke  :)

Only sexual experience is with his hand and couch.

Only woman he can talk to is his mammy - scared shitless of an actual real woman with thoughts and feelings.

Feel sorry for you INCEL...

15 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

What a terrible post. I'd rather we get relegated. What and potentially go out of business. Yes questions have to be asked about the signing but I'll be back at SP and if he scores I'd celebrate like it was any other Raith goal.

If the club go so far against your wishes and beliefs, are they your club anymore?

In which case, fuckem