The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Tade is an idiot. I’m sure the victim takes great solace that Goodwillie is a “great guy”.

Indeed. 

A guy so great he has never shown a single shred of remorse or contrition for what he did. 

1 minute ago, Pride of Fife said:

Sigh, I was against signing Goodwillie because of the obvious backlash. Disappointed in our club who constantly bang on about being a family club, a community club, just going to cause division in so many ways.

I won’t be boycotting or losing as much sleep as others either. I would like to think he has improved considerably as a human being since those days but was/is he a ‘rapist’? I’m not so sure, in fact I’m very doubtful reading the evidence in civil case. Big difference between a calculating monster who goes out there to rape innocent women and what is known of this night in question.  I could be a mile off but at same time, Goodwillie’s version of events could be 100% truthful

Face fucking palm 

Sigh, I was against signing Goodwillie because of the obvious backlash. Disappointed in our club who constantly bang on about being a family club, a community club, just going to cause division in so many ways.
I won’t be boycotting or losing as much sleep as others either. I would like to think he has improved considerably as a human being since those days but was/is he a ‘rapist’? I’m not so sure, in fact I’m very doubtful reading the evidence in civil case. Big difference between a calculating monster who goes out there to rape innocent women and what is known of this night in question.  I could be a mile off but at same time, Goodwillie’s version of events could be 100% truthful

He wouldn’t have been found guilty of his version of events was truthful.

Some amount of twats on here tonight.

2 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Go to bed man. What the f**k am I reading?

Scumbag rapist sympathiser. 

Terrible post. You might want to consider changing your user name.

Raith game tomorrow night. 1640 there the last game against QoTS. Now obviously this is a Tuesday night and not a Saturday so take a couple hundred off to start, but just how badly will this affect the attendance at tomorrow’s match? It will be interesting to see...

Just now, SanStarko said:

Even this still wouldn't save face, we'd still be the club that happily signed a rapist but only backtracked later on after fans made it clear what a idiotic move it was.

Seen Alan Temple saying that the club are going to address the signing further tomorrow.  How exactly?  What do they honestly think they can say to make this signing alright?

Saving face was probably the wrong term, it's just what came into my head at the time. Damage Limitation might be more appropriate. The longer he is at the club the worse it will get.

3 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Seen Alan Temple saying that the club are going to address the signing further tomorrow.  How exactly?  What do they honestly think they can say to make this signing alright?

They can’t. If they do put anything further out, though I doubt they will after tonight, it would be excruciating reading.

Edited by Enigma

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Oh, who did he rape?

Associate and close friend of a Serbian warlord whose men brutally raped and killed women and children.

He was personally found guilty of robbing vulnerable people of their life savings. Your club were all over him like a rash.

3 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

f**k off.

If you’re not sure after reading the civil case you’re either a complete moron or you simply never read it.
I reckon both actually…..

4 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Even this still wouldn't save face, we'd still be the club that happily signed a rapist but only backtracked later on after fans made it clear what a idiotic move it was.

We are going to look like Prince Andrew against Emily Maitlis. 

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Indeed. 

A guy so great he has never shown a single shred of remorse or contrition for what he did. 

I’m in no way defending DGW here, but he’ll never show remorse as he maintains he’s innocent. To show remorse he’d have to accept his guilt. 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Raith game tomorrow night. 1640 there the last game against QoTS. Now obviously this is a Tuesday night and not a Saturday so take a couple hundred off to start, but just how badly will this affect the attendance at tomorrow’s match? It will be interesting to see...

To send a message I'd hope for an attendance in the low hundreds. With any luck Queen's fans can find a dodgy link on the internet to watch the game.

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

I’m in no way defending DGW here, but he’ll never show remorse as he maintains he’s innocent. To show remorse he’d have to accept his guilt. 

He could at least accept that his actions, regardless of how he perceives them, have had a profound and damaging effect on the victim. 

He has never done so. 

1 minute ago, Terry_Tibbs said:

Associate and close friend of a Serbian warlord whose men brutally raped and killed women and children.

He was personally found guilty of robbing vulnerable people of their life savings. Your club were all over him like a rash.

So he didn't rape anyone. Cheers. Yes he was a shit defence lawyer and a con-man c**t but your attempt at equivalence here is genuinely more pathetic than your usual sewer-dwelling output. 

Like I said, you're just a shite edgelord.