The New Raith Rovers Thread

Oh calm yourself down. Your faux outrage is nauseating.
Worry about your own team.
Oh wait, you are... 
No one is a "rape apologist" at Starks Park..when you grow up, you'll realise that.

Choosing to support a rapist who has shown no remorse for their actions makes you a rape apologist. Funding said rapist’s wages will put a lot of fans at risk of falling into that bracket too. If you don’t see the moral issues with this signing, you are part of the problem.

To be fair the players don't really have a choice about that. They are contracted to play. You can't think that many, if any, will be pleased by this and the unwanted attention it will now put on the club.

Again just astonished we have done this.

They can still speak out about it and/or ask for a move. In all the years Goodwillie has played for Clyde I've never heard a single teammate raise it as an issue at all.

11 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I haven’t seen him In the flesh for two years. He’s 33 in March but he’s scored 15 league goals this season but he’s a sex offender.

It’s a dilemma. Luckily I have few principles, so if he turns out to be excellent then I’ll probably just go with the flow.

Fucking hell I hope you’re joking with that. 

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Ohya fucker, Well we wanted a proven goalscorer, but at what cost to the club, I hope it works out but this could be the nail that holds McGlynns jacket on the wall coming loose 

Really surprised by this. A club that of late has done really sensible things, but willing it seems to do a deal with the devil  to get promotion. I feel family club is often an exaggerated claim, but Raith have without doubt blown any remote claim to that now. First, but really huge mistake by McGlinn.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

They can still speak out about it and/or ask for a move. In all the years Goodwillie has played for Clyde I've never heard a single teammate raise it as an issue at all.

Cause he was scoring goal, same thing will happen here, he’ll get a couple goals and they’ll all just “forget”

2 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Aye like wise Patrick cos mccalls a W####r 

He might not be everyone’s cup of tea but he’s not a rapist. Goodwillie is and he shouldn’t be able to make a living from entertainment.

It’s a shame for the decent Raith fans but there’s sadly unsurprisingly quite a few who are happy with the signing on Twitter.