The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

No I don’t believe they’re on par at all. Let me make this clear, I utterly do not condone rape. Im simply playing devils advocate. As i said, I wasn’t keen on the deal. I’m not supporting him as an individual, but I will not waiver my support for my club.

'I don't condone rape but cmon boys 20 goals a season!!!' 

I haven’t seen him In the flesh for two years. He’s 33 in March but he’s scored 15 league goals this season but he’s a sex offender.

It’s a dilemma. Luckily I have few principles, so if he turns out to be excellent then I’ll probably just go with the flow.

Edited by Scary Bear

Genuine sympathies to the overwhelming majority of Raith fans who have immediately clocked this for what it is -- both a total disgrace and an act of self-harm -- but Christ, the small minority trying to justify it (in once case actually equating rape with assault)... just f**k off and stop embarrassing yourselves.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s more than that and you well know it. Unless the majority of the Raith support are rape apologists as well and willing to sacrifice anything to get a half decent striker in?

Oh calm yourself down. Your faux outrage is nauseating.

Worry about your own team.

Oh wait, you are... 

No one is a "rape apologist" at Starks Park..when you grow up, you'll realise that.

Absolutely fucking embarrassing. I'm done until he's gone. Think I'd genuinely rather the club were relegated than have a rapist play for us. Nothing the club puts out can justify it, somethings are far more important than a boy who might occasionally kick a ball into the net.

All that work the club has done to create itself as a community club and getting the fans back onside after a rough few years ruined. Wouldn't blame Val McDermid for pulling her funding either.