The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

I get that and I also agree. However why don’t we look at other crimes in the same way? Players convicted of assault for example. Is that okay? No uproar as far as I recall.

Because being a rapist is really, really bad. 

No shock that doesn't need explained to a Raith fan. 

From Sky Sports webshite

"Clyde manager Danny Lennon commented: “I’m very disappointed to be losing a player of David’s ability. Any manager would. In my time here he has been great to work with and produced moments of magic that any football fan loves to see.

“It’s fair to say that while David has been good for Clyde, scoring over 100 goals, Clyde has also been good for David, giving him a football home and platform to enjoy what he does best at a difficult juncture in his life. He leaves with our best wishes and our thanks for the wonderful memories he leaves us with.”

GTF Lennon!

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

The day we win promotion to the premiership as Goodwillie knocks in his 20th Rovers goal of the season, I can bet there’ll be a few fans on here singing his name!

Fans of other teams will be singing his name every game he plays. Won't be singing his praises either.

Alan Temple saying the club will ‘move to address the transfer in much more detail tomorrow’. There really isn’t anything they could add that makes this okay. ‘We really want promotion’ doesn’t really cut it.

3 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

I get that and I also agree. However why don’t we look at other crimes in the same way? Players convicted of assault for example. Is that okay? No uproar as far as I recall.

It's usually about contrition as much as the crime so Declan Gallagher would be your opposite example of Goodwillie. 

Rape is so low, so horrid that even if he had shown some (never had, never will) then normal people can't look past it. 

1 minute ago, R.R.FC said:

Alan Temple saying the club will ‘move to address the transfer in much more detail tomorrow’. There really isn’t anything they could add that makes this okay. ‘We really want promotion’ doesn’t really cut it.

A statement from them will only make things worse 

2 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

No shit!

Clearly assault isn’t…

Right. Do you think that committing assault and committing rape are on a par with each other in terms of how bad they are?

Edit: just for what it’s worth, David Goodwillie has also been convicted of assault, so there’s that. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

The Times, Saturday 29/12/22. Full page article in the sport section, interview with Graham Spiers.

Val McDermid said "Really, is this the message Raith Rovers want to send ?

"The general response was along the lines of: if the club sign him then I'm tearing up my season ticket "

So Ms McDermid what have you got to say now ?