The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Wouldn't hold Tait in such high regard as Hendry, Vaughan and Spencer imo.

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

Tait was poor for quite a while tbh.

Aye Hibs and Killie must be confused.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

Tait was quite poor for a while but he did actually try to play forward, penetrating passes no one else did. They didn't always come off, but at least he tried them.

Totally agree. I really think people are underrating the effect Tait had on us. His passing was often first or second touch as well. Never slow or ponderous. 

People go on about losing Hendry, but Matthews, Tait and Spencer are as good a midfield three as you could want at this level and we've lost the two creative sparks of the three. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2943312/matej-poplatnik-banks-odee-celtic-raith-rovers-scottish-cup/

Nice interview with Pop. Also, 

""Courier Sport understands Rovers remain in the market for another striker this month, boosted by the guaranteed financial windfall from drawing Celtic in cup competition for the second time this campaign"

15 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Aye Hibs and Killie must be confused.

Know it’s only one game but I was very impressed with him on Saturday against premiership opposition, hopefully a sign of things to come.

16 hours ago, Raithie said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2943312/matej-poplatnik-banks-odee-celtic-raith-rovers-scottish-cup/

Nice interview with Pop. Also, 

""Courier Sport understands Rovers remain in the market for another striker this month, boosted by the guaranteed financial windfall from drawing Celtic in cup competition for the second time this campaign"

It's Goodwillie and the stand will be renamed the Styx Stand isn't it

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
25 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:
It's Goodwillie and the stand will be renamed the Styx Stand isn't it

I sincerely hope this is bollocks. Source?

sorry i didn't mean to make it sound like I knew, it meant it along the line thats what it's going to end up being :(

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Wasn,t expecting a particularly large attendance but that,ll reduce it,especially the home support

There’ll be more than 20,000 there was 26,000 at the league cup and that was a Thursday night with no away fans. It’ll be over 30,000 for a Sunday game.