The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'd guess in the 10s.  Nobody really watches junior football up here.  There's a shit tonne of junior teams in Aberdeen, the league carries little interest.  Casual fans would go and watch Cove or the closer HL teams.

BOD are probably a decent HL team in terms of standards.  They have beaten Formartine and Buckie in some of the regional tournaments, which the HL teams tend to take seriously.

Would have thought a wee bit more than that considering they win every week. Aberdeen is a funny city, only one club but they really don’t seem to pull in the crowd when you take in to account the size of the city and a surrounding area with very few clubs. Obviously like everywhere they’re cursed with the armchair supporters of the Old Firm but they really should be getting attendances that at least rival Hearts  who’ve yo-yo’d in recent years. As discussed earlier I’m not convinced Cove can establish much of a support when Aberdeen can’t pull them in. 

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we lose tomorrow it will be the worst result in our history. Absolutely no excuses for not going up there and winning regardless of how bad we've been recently.

Without a doubt, losing would be an embarrassment and that’s with no disrespect intended to BoD but with our respective league positions and club sizes we SHOULD be walking this.  The only way this will be a banana skin is if our team and coaches don’t give BoD the respect they deserve but it sounds like JMc has done his homework so hopefully it’s a straightforward win 🤞 

14 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Would have thought a wee bit more than that considering they win every week. Aberdeen is a funny city, only one club but they really don’t seem to pull in the crowd when you take in to account the size of the city and a surrounding area with very few clubs. Obviously like everywhere they’re cursed with the armchair supporters of the Old Firm but they really should be getting attendances that at least rival Hearts  who’ve yo-yo’d in recent years. As discussed earlier I’m not convinced Cove can establish much of a support when Aberdeen can’t pull them in. 

Possibly I'm wrong, would certainly think they get sub 100 for sure.

6 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Presume the away support won’t get anywhere near that main stand tomorrow?

I don't think so. The tickets have "Zones" allocated on them, and the guys at the ground were fairly sure Rovers would be at the far side.  

Jealous as fuck of you lot today, an away cup tie against a non-league side seems almost mythical. Certainly for The Caley at least. Also because I really want to go and watch BoD one day. 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Jealous as f**k of you lot today, an away cup tie against a non-league side seems almost mythical. Certainly for The Caley at least. Also because I really want to go and watch BoD one day. 

Free Saturday for me so going along to Spain Park (Zone 3). Not sure if that's home or away end. 876 will be their record crowd.

Seen BoD a few times over the years and they are a decent side with some talented players. As said by others they would compete at the very top end of the HL.

Going along to see Raith more than BoD. Expect a comfortable away win, about 4-1.

26 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Free Saturday for me so going along to Spain Park (Zone 3). Not sure if that's home or away end. 876 will be their record crowd.

Seen BoD a few times over the years and they are a decent side with some talented players. As said by others they would compete at the very top end of the HL.

Going along to see Raith more than BoD. Expect a comfortable away win, about 4-1.

If we stop passing the ball around in defence we might, just might push forward and score, wait for it……a goal!!😆

27 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Aye they’d be top 5 HL at the very worst. They regularly hammer sides in that league.

Top 5 in the HL isn't saying much. Highland league is a dreadful standard too. Look at results of HL teams in the Scottish cup over last few years against East and West of Scotland sides. 

Pretty sure Banks O Dee were papped out the junior Cup by Midland league Lochee United this season too. 

We should be going up there today looking for a right few goals and a real easy victory. 

9 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Top 5 in the HL isn't saying much. Highland league is a dreadful standard too. Look at results of HL teams in the Scottish cup over last few years against East and West of Scotland sides. 

Pretty sure Banks O Dee were papped out the junior Cup by Midland league Lochee United this season too. 

We should be going up there today looking for a right few goals and a real easy victory. 

If it was that easy, they wouldn’t need to play the matches. On any given day…

image.jpeg.60c6fbc998df7a0a39da8f5e161cc155.jpeg

35 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If it was that easy, they wouldn’t need to play the matches. On any given day…

image.jpeg.60c6fbc998df7a0a39da8f5e161cc155.jpeg

Comparing Banks O Dee a pub league team to the 1995 Rovers team? Come on now be sensible.  

57 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

4 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Comparing Banks O Dee a pub league team to the 1995 Rovers team? Come on now be sensible.  

Agree we should win this comfortably but there's no need to be disrespectful

22 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Agree we should win this comfortably but there's no need to be disrespectful

Disagree comfortably…this is a proud group of players with a chance of a lifetime, expect a tough start and a troublesome match if we don’t assert ourselves quickly.

That was rotten. Love the Scottish cup... win a game reasonably comfortable without ever looking good.

Honestly, if that was a chance to build confidence it has gone begging.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

It was rotten. All about getting into the next round.

I either want a home tie or a trip to Pittodrie, Ibrox or Easter Road.

You foolish dreamer. It'll be Livingston away. It always is.