The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well if we have approx 1500 season ticket holders and 1000 places allocated across the two games then approx one third of season ticket holders will not get a ticket for either game.
It’s not surprising that a few on here fall into that category.

What is confusing me is that we don’t have 1500 season ticket holders surely.

10 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

What is confusing me is that we don’t have 1500 season ticket holders surely.

They put on Twitter at the end of July that we were at over 1,200 season tickets at that point.  You'd imagine there might have been a few more sold since then, plus all the Half Season tickets that they sold, and that'll take us up over the 1,500 mark.

14 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Can't go to this one, so really hoping the Banks O Dee ballot is excluding previous successful entrants again.

Check the cup thread mate, given your address you should be able to get a ticket direct from Banks o Dee 😃

Back of a fag packet calculation. 

I read that the Govt aid package  (£1.75m) is to offset losses and expected to be recoup about 75% of lost income. 

The Pl only lost 1 round of fixtures with St Johnstone expected to be the biggest losers (6000 Celtic visitors). 

I reckon the Rovers should be asking for at least £40,000.

Away fans for Pars (2000?) and Arbroath (600?) plus walk up home fans maybe a loss of £40k+? Then there's lost Hospitality for both games £10k+? 

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I read that the Govt aid package  (£1.75m) is to offset losses and expected to be recoup about 75% of lost income. 

The Pl only lost 1 round of fixtures with St Johnstone expected to be the biggest losers (6000 Celtic visitors). 

Away fans for Pars (2000?) and Arbroath (600?) plus walk up home fans maybe a loss of £40k+? Then there's lost Hospitality for both games £10k+? 

To play devil's advocate, what happens if the government then say that Rovers had the chance to postpone those games to have a crowd in, but said no? 

27 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

To play devil's advocate, what happens if the government then say that Rovers had the chance to postpone those games to have a crowd in, but said no? 

I don't think that's the issue here though, surely if that were the case then the same rule would apply across the board and there would have been no offer from the Government in the 1st place?

Either way there's also the argument that evenif the ties were played at a later date they'd have been to reduced crowds with little or no hospitality revenue from what could have been generated from a 3pm Saturday KO.

Edited by Scottydog

30 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The government not deciding, it will be SPFL/SFA divvying it up. It was SPFL who decided to carry on.  

If we get anything close to £40k I think we'd be delighted with that.

They didn’t though.

It wasn’t like the league asked if they wanted to postpone it and they said no.
You could argue that they had the chance to ask for a postponement and chose not to (but even then we don’t know if that’s true- we might have asked and Dunfermline and Arbroath declined), but that’s an entirely different argument.

And like Scotty says, if you go down that route then every club is in the same boat so no club should get any payment.

28 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

The government not deciding, it will be SPFL/SFA divvying it up. It was SPFL who decided to carry on.  

Was the clubs surely, it went to a vote? 

3 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

They didn’t though.

It wasn’t like the league asked if they wanted to postpone it and they said no.
You could argue that they had the chance to ask for a postponement and chose not to (but even then we don’t know if that’s true- we might have asked and Dunfermline and Arbroath declined), but that’s an entirely different argument.

And like Scotty says, if you go down that route then every club is in the same boat so no club should get any payment.

Some clubs did vote to postpone the league though. 

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I imagine it will be a set rate based on what division you are. Certainly the hospitality industry got a set rate based on rateable value, they didn’t apply for £x on the basis that they lost y covers at £z per head.

I thought it was mentioned on commentary for the Pars match that hospitality went ahead, so that can't be factored into any lost income calculation in any case.

It will be an arbitrary amount based on which division you are in. There's no chance the SPFL are going to deal with this on a case by case basis.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Was the clubs surely, it went to a vote? 

Some clubs did vote to postpone the league though. 

The clubs are the SPFL. Yes it went to a vote but it was a group decision to play on regardless of individual votes. I doubt very much the cash will be distributed solely to those clubs who voted to postpone the season.

I'd fully expect either a equal payout to all clubs at each level or a rate per home match missed for each level. 

20 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Luke Mahady on loan to Burntisland Shipyard for the rest of the season. 

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Good move for him, needs to play games

Agree.

15 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Probably his level. 

Disagree

Edited by TxRover