The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

We’ll have Stanton, Matthews, Connolly (and, depending on how you list him, Zanatta), Arnott (potentially ready), Coulson (unlikely to be ready) and Vaughan (let’s face it, he’s really an AM the way we use him). Spencer would be excellent to re-sign, but not the most pressing need.

Hell Tx, the teams goosed at the minute without Spencer,  I'd say he is a pressing need

We’ll have Stanton, Matthews, Connolly (and, depending on how you list them, Ross and Zanatta), Arnott (potentially ready), Coulson (unlikely to be ready) and Vaughan (let’s face it, he’s really an AM the way we use him). Spencer would be excellent to re-sign, but not the most pressing need.
You need to loosen your Stetson Tx. Spencer is a top priority.

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Hell Tx, the teams goosed at the minute without Spencer,  I'd say he is a pressing need

Agree, but with Stanton in, we’ll see how/if that changes.

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
11 minutes ago, TxRover said:
We’ll have Stanton, Matthews, Connolly (and, depending on how you list them, Ross and Zanatta), Arnott (potentially ready), Coulson (unlikely to be ready) and Vaughan (let’s face it, he’s really an AM the way we use him). Spencer would be excellent to re-sign, but not the most pressing need.

You need to loosen your Stetson Tx. Spencer is a top priority.

Spencer can be whatever you”d like him to be, but he ISN’T signed beyond June, which was my note/point. We’d like the re-sign Spencer, but the 2.5 year deal to Stanton, with Matthews already on board, suggests that Spencer might be slow playing his decision and JMcG is getting his ducks in a row in case they can’t sign him. While Stanton is certainly more DM than AM, unlike Spencer, his experience and skills mean he can likely cover the loss of Spencer, if that happens. We’ve seen him play one game, and he’s practiced for a couple of weeks…he looked plenty competent, but that’s not enough time to get him comfortable with the attacking options we can present and for him to establish a close rapport with the players he needs to be feeding the ball forward to.

Griffiths was always a wee dick. Full of ability, but at the same time full of potential to completely waste his ability with his shite attitude, which is exactly what he's gone and done. 

As mentioned he is also likely to face a prolonged ban, which reduces his usefulness to potential suitors. Quite amusing that his parent club is trying to talk Dundee out of canceling the loan. 

Edited by Michael W

While that article (and the really good pre-match interview on Raith TV the other day) are ostensibly about Gullan and other key players having long-term deals (which is excellent news and is rightly being acknowledged and lauded) that’s not the main take-away for me.

The main feel-good factor I got from reading those articles is that John McGlynn is planning to be here long-term, and that John Sim is backing him and his vision for the club.

I think we all suspected and hoped that McGlynn would be here for a few years but this says to me that we don’t have to worry about him being poached by anyone else or packing it in.

We’ve got McGlynn….

Not long back from 2 weeks away but seems we’re well into transfer territory.

From a footballing point of view Goodwillie, Cummings and Griffiths all fit the bill but from a “good fit” view none really suit the club and for that reason I think none would be likely.

Nobody gave a toss about Varian when others were scoring freely, now they aren’t and suddenly he’s the problem? Simple fact is the midfield has been off it for weeks. Hopefully the arrival of Stanton and Williamson will re-energise that department some. More competition for places may even get DZ and ER back on track.

I think (ok hope) Gullan may turn out be the answer after all, if he strikes up an understanding with Varian or Poplanik. There’s far too many armchair coaches on social media, At the end of the day only 1 mans opinion counts and I’d trust John McGlynn before any of the punters on here.

Speaking of armchair coaches, my turn! Going forward I’d be looking find replacement full backs for next season. Both Tumilty and Dick are ok going forward but neither are great defenders IMO. Dick is contracted for another season but RT is only here until May, I think the fact that he hasn’t renewed his contract yet is ominous as most players seem to have got it done early. If we are to continue to improve we need a step up in class from both of these guys, Macca was better than both these players IMO.

10 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

While that article (and the really good pre-match interview on Raith TV the other day) are ostensibly about Gullan and other key players having long-term deals (which is excellent news and is rightly being acknowledged and lauded) that’s not the main take-away for me.

The main feel-good factor I got from reading those articles is that John McGlynn is planning to be here long-term, and that John Sim is backing him and his vision for the club.

I think we all suspected and hoped that McGlynn would be here for a few years but this says to me that we don’t have to worry about him being poached by anyone else or packing it in.

We’ve got McGlynn….

Super John McGlynn…

48 minutes ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:
A bit Prince Philipy? What like, dead? 

Acht I got the prince's muddled up.

We're you thinking of the Willie Prince? The Kate mate? Or which other Prince? The world needs to know.🤨

3 hours ago, stevoraith said:

We’ve got McGlynn….

5DB4EE1C-9DB3-48F3-8D88-AB7E7F2100F9.jpeg