The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

I noticed that Alan Temple at the courier asked McGlynn about the reported interested in Goodwillie. McGlynn’s response was ‘I’m not going to get dragged into that.’

Doesn’t exactly confirm an active interest but also doesn’t completely quash the rumours in the same way a simple response of ‘We won’t be signing David’ would have.

Probably wouldn't want the follow up question of why whether it was a yes or a no.

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

1.   Ask her, but she has a 30 oz softball ball that she uses to answer such questions.

2. In the rear, Musonda is at +0.79" and mainly wide.

1. Just go for it Wolfie, she'd have to have a hell of a pitch to land a hit in Inverkiething from over there!

2. Eye watering but could be a lot worse.

Edited by Scottydog

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Disappointed with the highlights from yesterday. The team sheet showed Keatings and Fotherinham playing. No sign of Stanton’s (I think) chance in the second half or Tumilty’s shot from the half way line.

Re uploaded with the correct subs (the graphics get altered from the Hamilton game and must have missed that one). Genuinely didn’t have any more chances on the notes, they must have not stood out to me, although I will be honest and say sometimes the odd thing may get missed as they can be put together and checked fairly quickly so they go out for midnight (hopefully not too often). There was a cross from Stanton that just missed everyone about 50mins in. Maybe looked like at shot at the time. Can’t see a Tumilty shot on the rrfc updates either, there was a Zanatta chance where the goalie passed it to him but ended up with a tame shot.

Edited by Roath Raver

I remember Fon Williams mis-hitting a clearance to Zanatta who fired it right back to where he was. Can't remember Tumilty doing anything.
Saw it on the highlights earlier, its around 25-30 yards out if that. Poor clearance and poor effort returned.

19 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

We really need someone with greater ability and awareness than Varian or Poppy, whos also blessed with a turn of speed

Not asking for much I know  

There was a proven centre forward sitting on the opposition bench and getting zero game time yesterday.

Did the commentary team yesterday say we gave 50 seats for corporate? Assume that came out the 500 tickets? I appreciate corporate cash helps the club but if we’ve 1500 season tickets surely they should get those tickets. Season ticket holders bought tickets last year knowing they’d likely not see a game in person. 

6 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Did the commentary team yesterday say we gave 50 seats for corporate? Assume that came out the 500 tickets? I appreciate corporate cash helps the club but if we’ve 1500 season tickets surely they should get those tickets. Season ticket holders bought tickets last year knowing they’d likely not see a game in person. 

Think I heard the commentary team say that the 500 does not include tickets for friends & family of the players, hospitality and scouts of other teams. 

1 hour ago, Roath Raver said:

Re uploaded with the correct subs (the graphics get altered from the Hamilton game and must have missed that one). Genuinely didn’t have any more chances on the notes, they must have not stood out to me, although I will be honest and say sometimes the odd thing may get missed as they can be put together and checked fairly quickly so they go out for midnight (hopefully not too often). There was a cross from Stanton that just missed everyone about 50mins in. Maybe looked like at shot at the time. Can’t see a Tumilty shot on the rrfc updates either, there was a Zanatta chance where the goalie passed it to him but ended up with a tame shot.

Jeez… just goes to show what having a few drinks before the game does to my memory of the supposed chances I remembered!

On the Varian thing, we have had far worse strikers who’ve managed to score more goals than him. He does work his arse off but doesn’t quite have what it takes yet!

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

There was a proven centre forward sitting on the opposition bench and getting zero game time yesterday.

Mad that he’s still only 24. He can return if he wants now that he can play football.

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

I dont think Davo would be very happy if we signed him 😉

As for Wighton hes no exactly prolific either and both contracted till 2023 so bugger paying that lot for a player 😂😂

52 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I dont think Davo would be very happy if we signed him 😉

As for Wighton hes no exactly prolific either and both contracted till 2023 so bugger paying that lot for a player 😂😂

Pretty sure that's the last thing on Davo's mind right now, he has just played a starring role in Brechin losing 5-3 after being 3-0 up.   Injury time OG to put Fraserburgh 4-3 up then red-card and penalty for 5-3 😁

4 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Pretty sure that's the last thing on Davo's mind right now, he has just played a starring role in Brechin losing 5-3 after being 3-0 up.   Injury time OG to put Fraserburgh 4-3 up then red-card and penalty for 5-3 😁

Memorable game for him.

7 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Never change. Still can't believe we only decided to not offer him a new contract at the start of this season. I was absolutely convinced we'd give him another year too. What an upgrade Berra and Lang have been.