The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Both I think!! 

Berra could be a potential manager, maybe lower league first. But hey Nicholl was a first time manager and see what he achieved, albeit Martin Harvey was pivitol in that early success

Ellis hasn't done much he had a great opportunity at Queens with their budget and made an arse of it. Also when he was assistant manager it didn't work out so no thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

An appropriate comment at the start of the interview about armchair experts on who we should or shouldn't sign. Doubtless a dig at the denizens on here..

Aye certainly seemed to me to be a wee bit of a snide comment from Handcock. Aimed at Val maybe? If there ever was anything in the Goodwillie rumours and if the brakes were put on the deal then you might assume there could be some tension behind the scenes between management and the board.

19 minutes ago, Nairney said:

According to the pre match interview, a loan deal is in the works and should be announced on 1st Jan. Any other signings, we’re looking to bring in, would seem to be from lower levels in England.

Think that will almost certainly be Ben Williamson.

Edited by Enigma

21 minutes ago, Nairney said:

According to the pre match interview, a loan deal is in the works and should be announced on 1st Jan. 

That'll be Williamson then. Hopefully McGlynn can unearth a gem like Musonda from down South. 

48 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Aye certainly seemed to me to be a wee bit of a snide comment from Handcock. Aimed at Val maybe? If there ever was anything in the Goodwillie rumours and if the brakes were put on the deal then you might assume there could be some tension behind the scenes between management and the board.

I don't think it was anywhere near as targeted or as malicious as that. It's the kind of thing I've heard Davie say multiple times before, usually when a window opens. 

"Fans don't often understand just what goes into a transfer. It's not as easy as just picking a target and bringing them in, is it John?" 

Something along those lines. It's a perfectly normal way of getting an interviewee on-side, even if it is a little condescending towards supporters. Although, having read the opinions of some of our support this week, maybe it's not that far off the truth. 

Anyway guys, this is my last post of the year (thank god). Have a great new year. I’ll be watching the game tomorrow and hope it’s a great day for the home team, and for yourselves 

Edited by baillieinleeds

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

Anyway guys, this is my last post of the year (thank god). Have a great new year. I’ll be watching the game tomorrow and hope it’s a great day for the home team, and for yourselves 

Needs another edit.

13 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Likewise, have a great new year all, hopefully by the end of January we will have more than 500 back at San Starko and hopefully the New Year starts the same way it did in 1983 😀

Edited by keyser_soze

To all at Starks Park a Happy and prosperous New Year and to all Rovers supporters I hope next year will be health wise better and the team go on to greater things. Come on ye Raith.

Jingle bells jingle bells

Jingle all the way

Oh what fun it is to 

Beat (fcuk) the Pars on New Years Day.

To all Dunfermline supporters all the best for the coming year but only after Sunday.