The New Raith Rovers Thread

34 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Yes something like that being allowed doesn't happen when the blazers are involved, it's to much like common sense. 🙈🙉🙊

The clubs voted for games to continue and not just for one week,then no game on the 2nd Jan

If the SPFL agreed to Killies request every other club would be entitled to reschedule their derby on the 2 nd Jan making the vote to continue playing pointless

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

The clubs voted for games to continue and not just for one week,then no game on the 2nd Jan

If the SPFL agreed to Killies request every other club would be entitled to reschedule their derby on the 2 nd Jan making the vote to continue playing pointless

If the other clubs wanted to reschedule their games they could have just voted for it in the first place.

So "every other club" won't be requesting a postponement because they didn't want one.

I think the point is the majority voted to carry on so they should all carry on.

You can’t really have teams picking and choosing which games they want to play.

1 minute ago, stevoraith said:

I think the point is the majority voted to carry on so they should all carry on.

You can’t really have teams picking and choosing which games they want to play.

Unlike the OF when they want to have 'glamour friendlies.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

If the other clubs wanted to reschedule their games they could have just voted for it in the first place.

I,m not party to what was on the table but took it was to continue the fixtures or to call a halt not a mix and match

Anyway,I expect any request from any team to fall on SPFL deaf ears

Would like to echo the Christmas wishes to all Rovers fans. We’re a broad church as they say, but love the sense of community at our club at the moment. Being back at games and getting behind the team with everyone else this year has been an absolute delight. Look forward to returning to grounds and, who knows, maybe cheering the team onto promotion together in 2022. 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

I'm not sure how the rules work these days. I thought you couldnt have more than one player on loan from a club though.

41 minutes ago, true_rover said:

I think it might be that you're allowed to have a second one from only one club.

You can have three players from one club as long as that club isn't in the same division.

Striker please. Varian is not a goal scorer, poplatnik doesn't get the game time and the midfield have dried up. Though in fairness its not their primary job to score goals. 

Also Zanatta has been off the boil for at least a month. 

26 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Striker please. Varian is not a goal scorer, poplatnik doesn't get the game time and the midfield have dried up. Though in fairness its not their primary job to score goals. 

Also Zanatta has been off the boil for at least a month. 

One goal in our last five matches and that was a penalty. The more worrying thing is we haven't created much in these matches. 

We are still in a great position but the likelihood of a title push seems to be receding. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

That was truly horrendous today, as bad as I have seen us for a couple of seasons. Toothless going forward and wide open defensively to the counter attack.

Really missed Berra, that was Lang’s poorest game and Tumilty was dreadful. I don’t think Tait offers enough defensively to play in a deep lying midfield 2, he is at his best in a 3 alongside Spencer and Matthews. Zanatta is well off form, I’d drop him for Stanton next week if he is anywhere near fit and move Ross wide. Varian works hard but offers no goal threat.

I understand people calling for changes during the game today, it was almost a case of ‘nothing can make this worse’ but we really have very little options available at the moment.

I previously thought we might get by with Stanton, Matthews, Arnott and BRS until Spencer returned but whilst that’s fine on numbers, it’s lacking in guaranteed quality at this level. We need a central midfielder, a winger and a striker in January, without that, I think we will be 5th.

The manager and squad have had a great first half of the season so don’t want to overreact after one poor result but the running of a very tight squad is starting to show through now, both in terms of the drop off in quality after a couple of injuries but also in the predictability in how we play. Hopefully we get the help we need with 3/4 additions in January and we can kick on again.