The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wouldn't be surprised if the club say no fans, then they don't have to pay for any stewarding etc. So much I could say on this but will leave it with the facts are the symptoms are the cold we are financially destroying clubs, companies etc for a cold. I'm just recovering from COVID and my symptoms which lasted 3 days were the cold. South Africa had little concerns bur we have reacted to ruin business. 

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Wise words.

I think I’d rather there was football on than not, and I think I’d rather have a (presumably) half chance or going to it than none at all. It is still a shite state of affairs. I can’t see full crowds back in three weeks anyway so no point in stopping really.

A shut down would be a better option in theory, but:

1. Who would bet against 3 weeks turning into 2 months like it did for league 1 and 2 last season? 

2. Even if it was only for 3 weeks, it's still a 3 week period with no income no matter what way you dress it up. 

It's a disgraceful decision by a government that have lost touch with all concept of reality. 

Have clubs been offered anything as compensation, or do we just lose our biggest gate receipts of the season and just suck it up?

Maybe the whole league should just take a raincheck. This is the worst of all worlds.

From a selfish point of view I’d rather the derby went ahead behind closed doors than not at all.
My brother is back in Scotland for the first time in over two years and we were really looking forward to going to the Novar for a few pints followed by the derby….. but watching together in my living room with Raith TV and a few cans is better than no football.

The 500 limit is indeed ridiculous.
Easy Fife can have 50% of their capacity, Rangers can only have 1% in fundamentally the same layout.

I too would be surprised if the club let any fans in- massive hammer blow to our finances.

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

I might by a season book to help the club. I live 400 miles away and I can't even get the stream due to the hard up EPL worried it will take me away from one of their games. 

Just apply a wee bit of technical wizardry and you can watch.

5 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

That's the big new year derby behind closed doors. f**k sake!

5 hours ago, RRFC2711 said:

Confirmed…..500 season ticket holders ?

500 punters rattling about inside Starks for the New Year derby. Criminal. 

It's ridiculous, hypothetically speaking styx for arguments sake (with their covid record) pack the place out to watch a stream (unsure of the broadcasting legalities of this) of the match and this is safer than opening the ground. 

22 minutes ago, pub car king said:

It's ridiculous, hypothetically speaking styx for arguments sake (with their covid record) pack the place out to watch a stream (unsure of the broadcasting legalities of this) of the match and this is safer than opening the ground. 

A year past pre-season Annan Athletic were allowed to have 40 fans in their social club (which sits within their ground), to watch a stream of a game v Hamilton which was going on outside. According to regulations, this was safe, but having the same 40 people standing outside watching the game socially distanced was unsafe.

And they wonder why people's respect for the rule makers is diminishing somewhat.

25 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Styx aren’t allowed to do that though, so probably not a great comparison, even hypocritically. 

48 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I’m sure they did broadcast a game last season, whether it was legit or not is a different story but I’m sure they could come to some arrangement 

12 hours ago, pub car king said:

It should be pointed out that Styx had one Covid outbreak, the same as many other pubs, they also adhere to all the track and trace rules and always have done, unlike many other pubs, as others have said I don't think they are allowed to show the game though