The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If they lost the appeal would that not put Berra out the Dunfermline game?

Mind you Oor Wee  Nic might sort that before then

Would depend when it is reviewed. If Lang wasn't out I doubt I'd bother appealing but, while Bene and Musonda are a more than capable pairing, we'll have even less depth and ability to change things with Berra out.

Hopefully none of the players with covid have any lasting symptoms. Having had it myself, even though it wasn't bad at all, my endurance when playing sport was still hampered for around a month afterward. Although that may have been partly down to planting my arse on the couch for 2 weeks bored out my skull!

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

5 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Would depend when it is reviewed. 

Yeah meant to include that in my post.Time of year and that thought there might be a delay 

If it was a player from one of the erse cheeks it would take weeks to review

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Think we should be getting ready to be told that if games get the go ahead then it's very likely to be in an empty stadium or ground. Fairly sure Scottish Government will follow the Welsh Government decision to play all sport behind closed doors from Boxing Day.

Maybe seems a bit illogical but I think I'll buy the half season ticket now. Was on the fence because I don't get to many games however I was thinking the more sold gives SJM the biggest chance of bringing in what we need in January to keep us competitive.

Might now be the difference between paying wages or not.

2 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Maybe seems a bit illogical but I think I'll buy the half season ticket now. Was on the fence because I don't get to many games however I was thinking the more sold gives SJM the biggest chance of bringing in what we need in January to keep us competitive.

Might now be the difference between paying wages or not.

I’m in the same boat, will be bought after payday on Thursday

Completely unsurprised its a clusterfuck and a decision chosen with a random figure for all clubs. It's been fucking great getting back to games over the last few months: we've had some excellent results and it's been braw to catch up with folk I'd ordinarily not see outside of games. I'd be amazed if they lift restrictions before next season.

30 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That's good going, gents. It'd be very easy not to make that choice right now.

I'll be having a look at the post-Christmas finances to see if I can bump up my Supporters Fund contributions. Now, more than ever, the club really need that reliable, steady income. 

Wonder how the folk who claimed they cancelled after Tait being sold are feeling now?

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

Hope so but will that number include media folk stewards etc. Plus if you get a ticket for the Queens game you probably won't get one for the derby. 

Apparently that number includes players,staff,officials etc

In Sturgeons words 

“This will of course make sports matches, including football, effectively spectator-free over this three week period.” 

Genuinely think it would be worth the SPFL instigating an immediate Winter Break for the next three weeks or so and extending the season into the summer. Next Season gonna be a nightmare with the Qatar world cup in the middle of the season and there may be a need to adjust fixture scheduling for that anyway.

The league currently sits at nice even halfway point, apart from Killie and Pars. Hopefully the season can be fulfilled but at least if it cant we start from an even point in agreeing the appropriate way to conclude.

Trying to cram fixtures in when fans cant attend and squads are being decimated by Covid isolation protocols seems a bit unnecessary. 

I might by a season book to help the club. I live 400 miles away and I can't even get the stream due to the hard up EPL worried it will take me away from one of their games. 

This is a fucking ridiculous ill thought rash decision for nothing more than political reasons. 

This new super duper end of times variant has been with us for 4 weeks now. The sum total of its destruction is 10 dead in England with an average age of 83. f**k sake if your average man in Kirkcaldy lived to be that age you would gave improved the life expectancy dramatically.

The clubs should all inform the spfl that they can't fulfill their fixtures and have them all postponed.