The New Raith Rovers Thread

27 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Only stating the obvious but what an asset RaithTV are to the club. For a group of volunteers the commitment to follow the club around the country, having the highlights ready for midnight after every game and the sheer quality of the output is exemplary. 

Agree 100 percent, its the quality, content, variety, time frames of delivery and maintaining this season after season. I'm sure other clubs must look on with some jealousy at what is provided for free by them. Can't be easy providing for both sets of fans on matchday but they seem to be able to hit the mark. 

They seem really connected going by commentary and the pieces I've seen, the club and us fans would be foolish to take them for granted.

Personally I loved the piece on the club photographer. The guy was beaming, great advert for helping out. What about a behind the scenes with RaithTV.

Only criticism, I loathe the lounge idea reeks of monetising volunteers contributions. Don't forget the folk that can't afford more than their match ticket, they need to be engaged as do the fans who only come every now and then. Please don't do that 20 second teaser pish that other clubs do.

Well done to them, probably the reason I would renew my season ticket knowing I can see a stream if I can't make it. 

Loads of wee snippets of the kids and older folk in the most recent video shows the current connection between club and fans. Just got to keep winning in order to maintain it SJM.

Panic over on Frankie, that’s him extended to the end of the season. Good business, very good player at centre back and provides invaluable cover across the back line.

You don’t want wholesale changes in January so tying him down was important for me. Can now concentrate on a Tait/Spencer replacement and possibly another attacking option.

Has Frankie ever played in midfield? I'd be surprised if Frankie has chosen to extend his contracts to be 4th choice CB or 2nd choice LB/RB - I'd guess McGlynn has some plan for him going forward other than just cover*

*I have nothing to back this up.

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Has Frankie ever played in midfield? I'd be surprised if Frankie has chosen to extend his contracts to be 4th choice CB or 2nd choice LB/RB - I'd guess McGlynn has some plan for him going forward other than just cover*

*I have nothing to back this up.

I don't know if he's ever played there, but during pre-season McGlynn was very open about his intentions to use Musonda in midfield. Frankie then had another injury setback and the landscape had changed by the time he was available, but I'd be very surprised if we didn't see him in the midfield before long. 

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

I don't know if he's ever played there, but during pre-season McGlynn was very open about his intentions to use Musonda in midfield. Frankie then had another injury setback and the landscape had changed by the time he was available, but I'd be very surprised if we didn't see him in the midfield before long. 

I'd guess Frankie could very well be Tait's replacement if that's the case. Arnott off the bench and BRS picking splinters out his erse until the end of the season. 

Glad Frankie is staying. I had a quick check on some of the other players and we seem to still have a really good amount of players signed until June 2023 or 2024. 

Varian is here until January unless the club tries to get it extended until the end of the season. Don’t think it would be much of an issue but of course up to Stoke City. 

2 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Varian is here until January unless the club tries to get it extended until the end of the season. Don’t think it would be much of an issue but of course up to Stoke City. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/2770212/ethon-varian-stoke-city-transfer-news-raith-rovers-john-mcglynn-scottish-cup-falkirk-hibs-dylan-tait/

Glad Frankie is staying. I had a quick check on some of the other players and we seem to still have a really good amount of players signed until June 2023 or 2024. 

McGlynn said a few weeks ago it was almost certain Varian would stay. They just needed to iron out a few things with Stoke. I'd imagine they'll be delighted with his game time.

2 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Lead to believe that the Mighty McGlynn has been trying to get him to be with us to the end of the season. Rates him highly. I'd hope Martin O'Neill wouldn't be too difficult to deal with. Ethan is a quality player and what we need up front with regards to holding up the ball and bringing others on to the ball.