The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Christophe Berra btw, what a fucking signing. Absolutely strolling it.

We did tell you. Came into a Dundee team that had Jordon Forster beside him and led us to 6 consecutive clean sheets. Top player.

12 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

if Musonda goes he will be a loss.

More so defensively.

Less so in midfield, Arnott was immense today when he came on, he is the coming man, mark my words!

He will be a loss as depth at LB and RB, not so much at CB. The signing and development of Ethan Ross as a #10 has nullified JMcG’s plan to try Frankie out at DM. Honestly, the salary could be better used IF we can extend Tumilty, as Dick is already committed to next year.

Arnott was, I believe, in JMcG’s plans to replace Tait when he left...but he didn’t expect the loss of Tait to be so soon. I think the Club expected to lose Tait next summer. If Arnott can step up, the search for midfield help in January just took a different shape. Also, to my eye, Arnott seems a wee bit more physical than Tait.

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Christophe ‘colossus’ Berra. Don’t think he’s lost a header all season. Complete leader on and off the park.

Kudos to JMcG, Smudger or whomever identified Berra as a possible signing, and thanks to JMcG for believing in him. Yes, he’s old as dirt, but even more than SAndo ever did for us, he commands the defence and the Box. SAndo was critical for us that year, but Berra is everything he was, plus insane conditioning. I believe he might just be our top minutes played team member...it’s mind boggling! Even if we somehow get promoted, I firmly believe Berra would work next year just as well as he has this year. I’ve heard talk of him going into coaching, is there any truth to that suggestion?

6 hours ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Liked the look of Arnott, good legs and comfortable on the ball would love to see more of him. If Tait goes we’ll need to add one though.

If someone offers a nominal fee for Musonda we should and would likely take it.

No one will offer a fee for a player who's out of contract next month.

Really hope we can keep Musonda till the end of the season. I understand his frustration, but it's wishful thinking to suggest our defenders won't incur injuries or suspensions and Musonda has great versatility.

No one will offer a fee for a player who's out of contract next month.
Really hope we can keep Musonda till the end of the season. I understand his frustration, but it's wishful thinking to suggest our defenders won't incur injuries or suspensions and Musonda has great versatility.

I get he was great last season but he can’t get in our first XI. Whilst he can cover at LB and RB, he’s not looked comfortable (see Falkirk where he could barely find his own player with a pass). I think the money could be used to get a more natural cover for the fullback positions. The market is often hard to find free agents but I wonder if we could find players with clauses who can leave for a full time team.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

I think we’d do well to get any better cover at the half way point of the season, to be honest. Versatile with proven quality at this level. If he wants to stay, get him signed. 

Absolutely. He's had to fit in at different parts of the pitch and in different roles and never been anything less than a 7/10. And last season he showed just how good he is at centre half when he gets a run of games. Even Bene can't get into that position at the moment, so it's no reflection on Frankie Musonda. 

Unless he's desperate to get back down south, it's a no-brainer to get him signed on again. I'd go further than just the end of the season, I'd give him another 18 months. He's only 24 (today - happy birthday Frankie!) and he's a class act. He'll only get better with experience. 

Absolutely. He's had to fit in at different parts of the pitch and in different roles and never been anything less than a 7/10. And last season he showed just how good he is at centre half when he gets a run of games. Even Bene can't get into that position at the moment, so it's no reflection on Frankie Musonda. 
Unless he's desperate to get back down south, it's a no-brainer to get him signed on again. I'd go further than just the end of the season, I'd give him another 18 months. He's only 24 (today - happy birthday Frankie!) and he's a class act. He'll only get better with experience. 

Is it a no-brainer though? And I question that for both parties. He’s fourth choice in his preferred position. He’d of been off if it wasn’t for his injury. Quality or not, i’d rather our wage budget was better spent getting quality in another positions. We also have MacKay back in Jan who can also play RB.

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

I get he was great last season but he can’t get in our first XI. Whilst he can cover at LB and RB, he’s not looked comfortable (see Falkirk where he could barely find his own player with a pass). I think the money could be used to get a more natural cover for the fullback positions. The market is often hard to find free agents but I wonder if we could find players with clauses who can leave for a full time team.

Personally,  I think Frankie has strolled through every game he's played this season.

I can see him ending up at somewhere like Dundee or Livi tbh. I think the most likely scenario is he'll go back down south. I'm sure there will have been contact to turn his head. Fair play to Wardy if he's been right about this. I was quite quick to dismiss it - I thought we had him signed until the summer.

14 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Was one of probably many sceptics when we signed Berra but by christ proved me wrong.Hes been an excellent signing along with Tom Lang,a Rolls Royce of a centre back

Personally I was surprised by the General reaction when we signed Berra which seemed to range from he’s a bad signing to he’s a slight upgrade to Davo. Yes he’s at the end of his career but he’s played at the top level in England and has 41 caps for Scotland. Even at 36 he should be strolling this league. I know we got burned signing Skacel at the end of his career but his game really suffered as his pace was gone and I didn’t think his attitude was very good as he was more interested in winding up Hibs fans than playing for us McGlynn wouldn’t have put up with that. More Shocked at how good Lang has been (really impressed me) poor Bene can’t get a look in at the moment. No wonder Frankie is considering a move when the club captain can’t get in the starting 11 and you’re behind him. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

11 hours ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

Oh Niall. 

A1E4B541-5C36-46DF-9558-4920E1497B45.jpeg

Nothing against Dan Armstrong pretty sure he lives over the West so signing for Killie for a bigger wage was a no brainier and he no doubt thought they’d stroll the league. Unfortunately for him that’s not happened and he’s a bench warner at best.  Murray can GTF though signed for a bang average Pars team, anyone who crosses a rivalry deserves the stick that comes with it.