The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Don’t think BRS has shown any particular streaks of anger. His bookings and red cards tend to be due to lack of control or clumsiness. 

Perhaps calling it a hot streak implied anger, I was thinking more frustration. BRS’s play smacks of frustration and annoyance, at himself perhaps. I think he’s not playing the way he expects he can, and doesn’t know yet if it’s him not yet fully up to speed or his abilities lacking at this level. Watching his brag videos, he often seemed a man among boys with his play, and since he’s been knocking about lower leagues, he probably performed in a similar manner. Moving to facing a group of players week after week where he isn’t one of the best can be a rough adjustment, and it seems reflected in his agricultural play...which bodes poorly for it being him not up to speed.

There is certainly a player (of sorts) in there, I’m just not sure it’s at this level. His exposure here is likely to get him some opportunity a league or two down or down south (a bit lower) though.

21 hours ago, TxRover said:

Coulson: Has started getting a bit more time out on loan and, while being characterized as raw, is also credited with a never say never streak a mile wide. Shows potential, but won’t be ready for Championship level play this season, or probably the next…most likely to be loaned out, if we can risk it, and would benefit from it.

On what do you base this never say never streak? I've been at a few Cowden games and see nothing of your description. The Cowdenbeath fan's I have chatted with at work see him as tidy enough but not yet able to really influence games at league 2 level. 

Also I note on BRS you mention a brag video, I'd that what a you tube show reel is now called? 😀

20 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

On what do you base this never say never streak? I've been at a few Cowden games and see nothing of your description. The Cowdenbeath fan's I have chatted with at work see him as tidy enough but not yet able to really influence games at league 2 level. 

Also I note on BRS you mention a brag video, I'd that what a you tube show reel is now called? 😀

Based upon comments in response to requests for reports on how they are playing on the Cowdenbeath threads.

Yes, in the Colonies, its a brag video.

There's becoming some genuine potential for this season go pear shaped in jig time but I fully trust the gaffer will have plans to prevent that.

Last I heard Tait's being touted for the Hibbes 1st team squad, I don't think he's that quality but even so I doubt he'll be back, but if he is then it'll be late on in the window.

So Musonda wants away? Well that fits with the vibe that's been doing the rounds, I'll be disappointed if he goes as he's the only player we have that can play anywhere across the back 4, some can fill in a RB but none of them can play LB if anything happens to Dick.

I feel we need a striker and 2 midfielders but I seriously doubt the budget will stretch to that.

Musonda staying, Kelly and Gullan arriving would great with Tait returning in late Jan the icing on the cake, out of that that lot, surely Musonda staying is the likeliest.

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

There's becoming some genuine potential for this season go pear shaped in jig time but I fully trust the gaffer will have plans to prevent that.

Last I heard Tait's being touted for the Hibbes 1st team squad, I don't think he's that quality but even so I doubt he'll be back, but if he is then it'll be late on in the window.

So Musonda wants away? Well that fits with the vibe that's been doing the rounds, I'll be disappointed if he goes as he's the only player we have that can play anywhere across the back 4, some can fill in a RB but none of them can play LB if anything happens to Dick.

I feel we need a striker and 2 midfielders but I seriously doubt the budget will stretch to that.

Musonda staying, Kelly and Gullan arriving would great with Tait returning in late Jan the icing on the cake, out of that that lot, surely Musonda staying is the likeliest.

Whats the reasons for Musonda wanting away? 

I'd be really surprised if there was any real truth behind this Musonda rumour. Since coming back from injury he's had a fair bit of game time. I don't see that he's going to get a better gig somewhere else at this point of this season. 
He's always seemed quite happy whether on the pitch after games and always talks up the fans on social media. I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. I don't see why he's try to force a move in January unless he wanted to go back down south. Even then, you'd expect he'd be professional enough to see out his current deal.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

At LB, we have Young as cover behind Musonda covering Dick.

At RB, we have Musonda covering Tumilty.

In the RB case, a couple of others could play reasonably well...for LB, well surely someone could do a Frankie as he’s wrong footed too.

I expect a signing of Musonda or Tumilty to an extended contract soon.

29 minutes ago, TxRover said:

At LB, we have Young as cover behind Musonda covering Dick.

At RB, we have Musonda covering Tumilty.

In the RB case, a couple of others could play reasonably well...for LB, well surely someone could do a Frankie as he’s wrong footed too.

I expect a signing of Musonda AND Tumilty to an extended contract soon.

Fixed that for you Tex 😉😆😆

He's always seemed quite happy whether on the pitch after games and always talks up the fans on social media. I'm taking it with a pinch of salt. I don't see why he's try to force a move in January unless he wanted to go back down south. Even then, you'd expect he'd be professional enough to see out his current deal.

Aye I’m of this mindset also.

7 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Was only going with what the barber was telling me regarding Musonda. Not sure why he would lie right enough but hey ho. 

Maybe Frankie winding the barber up

Might be the barber winding you up Wardy

Could be Frankie looking to get a contract extension

OR another club was after him before the season started, but he was injured, and are now coming back in for him ,

Whichever way we wont have long to wait to find out 😉

As far as I'm aware Frankie signed a new contract that took him to the end of this season. However, there will be others who are maybe more in the know and can swat me down on this one. [emoji3064]
That was the case yeah. Pretty sure it was reported as that at the time it was announced.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, embow said:
As far as I'm aware Frankie signed a new contract that took him to the end of this season. However, there will be others who are maybe more in the know and can swat me down on this one. emoji3064.png

That was the case yeah. Pretty sure it was reported as that at the time it was announced.

Contracted Until: June 2021 (Full Time)

You'd hope he would at least see out his contract seeing as we gave him a new one when he was injured. I'm not sure many clubs will have been interested over the Summer with him being out for so long.

He always seemed happy to be here, though, and, as others have mentioned, he mentions the fans a lot.