Jump to content

The New Raith Rovers Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Heard the young team try a version of the Lyndon Dykes ‘Heaven is a Place on Earth’ song at Falkirk. Think it might work a bit better for Ethan Ross…

 

Ooh baby do you know what it’s worth,

Ethan Ross is the best on earth,

He played for Dunfermline, who gives a f**k,

He’s going to take the Rovers up!

Like it... Slight tweak suggested:

Ooh baby do you know what he’s worth,

Ethan Ross is the best on earth,

Cost us a fortune, we dont give a f**k,

He's scoring the goals to take the Rovers up!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Enigma said:

Heard the young team try a version of the Lyndon Dykes ‘Heaven is a Place on Earth’ song at Falkirk. Think it might work a bit better for Ethan Ross…

 

Ooh baby do you know what it’s worth,

Ethan Ross is the best on earth,

He played for Dunfermline, who gives a f**k,

He’s going to take the Rovers up!

How about to Frank Sinatra - I Love You Baby........

 

Oh John Mcglyyynnn you are the love of my life

Oh John Mcglyyynnn I'd let you shag my wife

Oh John Mcglyyynnn I want a baldy head too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mcglynn spoke about playing Musonda at CM at the start of the season. He might be the replacement for Tait. It’s probably the only way he’s going to get a regular game, barring injuries to defenders. He’s going to be behind Berra, Lang and Bene for a centre half slot as well as being a second choice full back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Mcglynn spoke about playing Musonda at CM at the start of the season. He might be the replacement for Tait. It’s probably the only way he’s going to get a regular game, barring injuries to defenders. He’s going to be behind Berra, Lang and Bene for a centre half slot as well as being a second choice full back.

That plan was derailed with Frankie’s injury, but from what JMcG has hinted in interviews, Frankie might well be slotted in there when Tait moves on…except with the great results from positioning of Ross as a #10, that knocks either Matthews or Spencer out and leads to formation questions. I mean, we’d be effectively running a 4-1-1-1-3 or 2-3-1-3-1 for God’s sake.

If Frankie isn’t showing interest in re-signing, I don’t actually expect JMcG to try to work him into the DM/Sweeper role, so the amount of playing time Frankie gets might be a proxy for how well any talks are getting on.

By the same token, with Tumilty free at the end of the season, Frankie could be looked at as the possible replacement at RB, if Tumilty isn’t showing appropriate interest in re-signing. I’d feel a lot better if we got at least one of Tumilty or Musonda signed for next year, as I feel confident either can do well at this level or one higher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Taylor Swift on the radio the other day and struck me that the following might work…

You are never ever ever….beating Christophe Berra

You are never ever ever….beating Christophe Berra

You are never ever ever….beating Christophe Berra

Like ever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m desperate for ‘Eric the Half a Bee’ to be a thing…

La dee dee, one two three,
Aidan Connolly!
A B C D E F G,
Aidan Connolly!

Fiddle de dum, Fiddle de dee,
Aidan Connolly!
Ho ho ho, tee hee hee,
Aidan Connolly!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Enigma said:

I’m desperate for ‘Eric the Half a Bee’ to be a thing…

La dee dee, one two three,
Aidan Connolly!
A B C D E F G,
Aidan Connolly!

Fiddle de dum, Fiddle de dee,
Aidan Connolly!
Ho ho ho, tee hee hee,
Aidan Connolly!

I love him Carnally.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 games in and I’d say we are doing pretty well. Home and away record is identical, 4 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss home and away. 
 

Also notable that we haven’t kept a clean sheet at home in the league this season but away from home, no team has scored more than one against us in the league. We have also only concerned two goals in the first half as well.  

Edited by Offshore Rover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Remember when their fans battered on about goal difference?

 

Lovely to see Laurie and Grant’s side dish out a pumping. Looks like 6 actually flattered Falkirk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Lovely to see Laurie and Grant’s side dish out a pumping. Looks like 6 actually flattered Falkirk.

Genuinely can’t get my head around how Falkirk are so bad they should be walking that league the last 3 seasons and they seem to be getting worse each season. They’ve gates bigger than most of the Championship what are they spending it on. Continue to play like they are and the gates will soon begin to drop, they seem to be an absolute gang on and off the park. 

Edited by San Starko Rover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Genuinely can’t get my head around how Falkirk are so bad they should be walking that league the last 3 seasons and they seem to be getting worse each season. They’ve gates bigger than most of the Championship what are they spending it on. Continue to play like they are and the gates will soon begin to drop, they seem to be an absolute gang on and off the park. 

They’re a fucking basket case. A new squad of players every season and they go through managers like Liz Taylor went through husbands. Down in League One we always had a good few players who had been with us 3/4/5 years. You need that core. Don’t get play offs this season and they’ll sack off whatever chump takes the job after Sheerin and they’ll have somebody in for the start of next season and a brand new squad to carry on the cycle of failure. Honestly, they would be better off at this stage going at least hybrid part time.

Edited by Enigma
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You just need to drop down a league to the Falkirk Thread to get an idea of  what a seething mess the club and its fans are in. At least the ones that can still be bothered. Suggestions such as getting Totten back in along with Jim Jeffries being but one! Never mind that they've both been through health scares in recent times. Lots of them shouting for the Accies failure Rice. Basket case indeed and that's just the fans!

Edited by embow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...